SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

1 minute ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Not necessarily related to jerseys, but I thought this hat was strange.qwewq.thumb.JPG.1348faa0f5e6511633006685606769dd.JPG

Figured it out. It is a style of 47 brand hat, that is made for many pro teams. Couldn't find one on the Blackhawks store, but I did find others in the style. They tend to have throwback logos, and I guess someone down at Sioux Shop thought they were just perfect.

On 9/8/2017 at 10:58 PM, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Man, I really have a way of silencing threads. As soon as I post something, everyone's gone. The entire men's hockey forum has been dead for five hours. Am I so bad that this entire website has a collective five hour awkward silence? :lol::lol::lol: 

Yes. :)

On 8/29/2017 at 11:08 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i'm assuming thats photoshpped?

Yep-- bored at work.

As for the these jerseys/font etc. They're growing on me. The lack of pit stains helps quite a bit, as does the addition of the stripes on the black jersey. I really wish they just went with the logo for the crest. They pay a ton of money to get a replacement logo (which, in my opinion, is pretty solid) and then throw it on the shoulder-- and not even on the ice.

They need to stop being ashamed of their new identity because some people can't let go.

I'd love for them to do something like this:

qEeKQ1i.jpg

Simple enough, but still in line with traditional design UND has been associated with. I kind of get why they went with the current design-- it's easier to gradually change your identity, but sometimes it's better to just rip the band-aid off.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Kenny Rogers said:

Yep-- bored at work.

As for the these jerseys/font etc. They're growing on me. The lack of pit stains helps quite a bit, as does the addition of the stripes on the black jersey. I really wish they just went with the logo for the crest. They pay a ton of money to get a replacement logo (which, in my opinion, is pretty solid) and then throw it on the shoulder-- and not even on the ice.

They need to stop being ashamed of their new identity because some people can't let go.

S9r7k9a.jpg

Simple enough, but still in line with traditional design UND has been associated with. I kind of get why they went with the current design-- it's easier to gradually change your identity, but sometimes it's better to just rip the band-aid off.

You gotta know when to hold em...know when to fold em!

very nice work...what would you put on the shoulders?

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

You gotta know when to hold em...know when to fold em!

very nice work...what would you put on the shoulders?

For the shoulders-- I wish they came out with an entire logo system that included an alt logo, but here we are. I'd love to see something in the vein of the old S-tomahawk logo that was on the "Blackhawk" sweaters, but I don't know if something like this would go over well--

NCSi0ya.jpg

I'd love it if there was a play off of the ND state flag somehow-- the sunburst over the hawk logo, but I just haven't had time to get to that just yet. All that being said-- we need a secondary logo.

20 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

"Rip the Band Aid-Off",  that's good and so are your designs!!! 

Thank you-- I appreciate it! 

Maybe I was harsh with the whole "people can't get over it" comment, because truth be told-- I personally love the old Sioux designs. Especially the most recent and the geometric design. There wasn't a single college that had a better logo than the University of North Dakota. Hell, I'd argue the last Sioux logo was a better logo than a good deal of professional sports teams. 

For the designers that made the Fighting Hawks logo, it was tough to live up to those expectations, and with a name like "Fighting Hawks" it was going to be even tougher. Also, with the anger stemming from how the nickname/logo was removed, it's going to be a gradual and delicate task to introduce these logos into the community. I think UND's done a decent job so far, but like I said-- rip that band-aid off.

4 hours ago, Kenny Rogers said:

Yep-- bored at work.

qEeKQ1i.jpg

Sorry I think the logo is okay for shoulder patch, but as the primary on a hockey jersey it looks out of place, that's part of the reason I was confused when this was all we got from SME for 50 grand,  I was under the assumption that we would get a primary and secondary logo for that much money.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Kenny Rogers said:

Thank you-- I appreciate it! 

Maybe I was harsh with the whole "people can't get over it" comment, because truth be told-- I personally love the old Sioux designs. Especially the most recent and the geometric design. There wasn't a single college that had a better logo than the University of North Dakota. Hell, I'd argue the last Sioux logo was a better logo than a good deal of professional sports teams. 

For the designers that made the Fighting Hawks logo, it was tough to live up to those expectations, and with a name like "Fighting Hawks" it was going to be even tougher. Also, with the anger stemming from how the nickname/logo was removed, it's going to be a gradual and delicate task to introduce these logos into the community. I think UND's done a decent job so far, but like I said-- rip that band-aid off.

Sorry, but I can't trust this guy with the jersey design after hearing this on the best of KQRS...(morning radio in the Twin Cities)

Kenny Rogers:  I'm wearing a terry-cloth robe and my stomach is hanging out....

Brandy:  I'm wearing a ski mask and a camisole....are you gonna do me Gambler?  Kenny?