SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

13 hours ago, cberkas said:

Looks like the "Dakota" is different on the game jersey from the one you can buy.

12 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Looks like another win for the 

#MMHaMaOOPA crowd

"Make Mens Hockey as Mediocre as Our Other Programs Again"

11 hours ago, cberkas said:

They need to come up with a logo that's better then what they paid for.

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Maybe because it's a goalie jersey and they stretched the letters a little more? Just a guess

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

The "Dakota" on the game one is curved where the one Brad shared the "Dakota" looks straight.

Sheesh...I think the D is 2 millimeters bigger than the AKOTA.  Also, the black striping needs to be one pantone darker.  Does anyone double-check jersey specs these days?

10 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

They should sell old Sioux jerseys (Brien era, geometric, Blackhawks (royalties???), Or even older jerseys) as part of the Dacotah Heritage Collection. Just make the patch small enough, and place it so it can be easily covered by a conference patch. They'd have to be perfect replicas.

Depends on what size you need, I may have a few....

11 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

They should sell old Sioux jerseys (Brien era, geometric, Blackhawks (royalties???), Or even older jerseys) as part of the Dacotah Heritage Collection. Just make the patch small enough, and place it so it can be easily covered by a conference patch. They'd have to be perfect replicas.

I am sure they have thought about that but with their push to get the new logo/identity into peoples hands I am willing to bet you will only see small things for right now.

11 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

48 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I am sure they have thought about that but with their push to get the new logo/identity into peoples hands I am willing to bet you will only see small things for right now.

As counterintuitive as it may seem, the only way to speed up the release of retro jerseys might be to run out and buy current jerseys. A LOT of them. Poor sales of current jerseys might be perceived as slow acceptance, which will make UND even more reluctant to roll out retros for fear of cannibalizing their own market. If the new stuff flies off the shelves, however, and gets seen at games in big numbers, that may ease fears about what will almost certainly be a controversial release of Sioux merch. 

28 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

As counterintuitive as it may seem, the only way to speed up the release of retro jerseys might be to run out and buy current jerseys. A LOT of them. Poor sales of current jerseys might be perceived as slow acceptance, which will make UND even more reluctant to roll out retros for fear of cannibalizing their own market. If the new stuff flies off the shelves, however, and gets seen at games in big numbers, that may ease fears about what will almost certainly be a controversial release of Sioux merch. 

So buy something you absolutely don't want in hopes of being able to buy something you really do want? 

Brilliant!!!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I had to read that three times before I understood.

7 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

tumblr_inline_mnmsrzEeo11qz4rgp.gif

I think a more obvious answer to the question "what happens if we sell a LOT of the new jerseys?" would be "we need to buy more current jerseys to sell!" as opposed to "GREAT!  Let's bring back the Blackhawk logo and sell those instead."  

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

tumblr_inline_mnmsrzEeo11qz4rgp.gif

I think a more obvious answer to the question "what happens if we sell a LOT of the new jerseys?" would be "we need to buy more current jerseys to sell!" as opposed to "GREAT!  Let's bring back the Blackhawk logo and sell those instead."  

Was in Fargo Scheels Sunday. Lots of the new hockey jerseys still available. From the stock on the rack and per the conversation with the salesperson Scheels in Fargo won't be needing to order more to sell any time soon...unless Darrell buys them out to make a point! ;)

• Upvote 1