SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #4-Back to Baxter

Wilbur

2 hours ago, AJS said:

We're kind of going in circles here, so I'm going to leave it alone after this one. I find it surprising that anyone has a problem with calling an average team average. Sweeping anyone in the NCHC on the road is not easy. Average does not equal awful. Average is Average. 

The way I always look at it.

• Top 3 teams: Split (both at home / road)
  • Teams 4-6: Sweep Home / Split Road
  • Bottom 2: Sweep Both Home / Road

Of course this won't be perfect, but you do that on a regular year and you'll have a good shot at Winning the regular season championship.

3 minutes ago, burd said:

Good post. 

Really kept his feet moving!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Just thought I’d mention that UNO fan 402puck on Twitter is creeping here so everyone should go say hi if you feel so inclined. 

@crb1 and @yzerman19!!!!!!  You guys (I think both guys) are famous!!!!!!!!  This Mav fan got like ten likes calling you two bozos out!!!!! :lol: 

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

Just thought I’d mention that UNO fan 402puck on Twitter is creeping here so everyone should go say hi if you feel so inclined. 

The rivalry is partially manufactured by the league as an assigned travel partner. Personally, they are 4th/5th of 7 on my list in the conference now that Blais is gone, and probably 7th/8th overall with Bemidji. Just don't have the history of stinging losses/epic wins/fisticuffs/dirty hits like other rivals. They'll probably pass CC on my list if they (CC) don't turn things around with the new arena on campus.

• Upvote 2

"there's no way they hate another team like they do the Mavs"

:D:crazy::D

Oh my, that's a funny statement right there.
There's at least 3-4 teams in conference that I dislike more than UNO.  And there's at least 6-7 teams out of conference that I dislike more than UNO.
They wouldn't even make my top 10 most disliked teams.

• Upvote 3

I consider numerous teams in "bloody stool and dehydrated urine"* rivals long before the steers (or is it Omaha steaks). Heck, there's another red-white-black ahead of them: St Clown. 

Sorry steaks, you just fell out of my top five. Now pass the Essie's South American sauce

*aka maroon and gold; see: Minnesota, Denver, Boston College, UM-Duluth

19 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I consider numerous teams in "bloody stool and dehydrated urine"* rivals long before the steers (or is it Omaha steaks). Heck, there's another red-white-black ahead of them: St Clown. 

Sorry steaks, you just fell out of my top five. Now pass the Essie's South American sauce

*aka maroon and gold; see: Minnesota, Denver, Boston College, UM-Duluth

But of teams using the moniker Mavericks, they are #1! Sorry @bale31

33 minutes ago, brianvf said:

"there's no way they hate another team like they do the Mavs"

:D:crazy::D

Oh my, that's a funny statement right there.
There's at least 3-4 teams in conference that I dislike more than UNO.  And there's at least 6-7 teams out of conference that I dislike more than UNO.
They wouldn't even make my top 10 most disliked teams.

Until the Mavs:

-Find a way to break a UND player's neck and have their fans tell me our guy isn't hurt.

-Stick a disturbed hockey illiterate 45 year old man behind me at the X for a weekend with BO like I'll hope no one ever has to experience again.

-Have a gopher in skates running around on the ice.

-Have one of their fans call in to a radio show and take shots at a kid with a life threatening condition.

-Have one of their fans write a four page diatribe on head injuries after one of their guys gave our guy post concussion syndrome causing him to medical redshirt a year.

-Blindly back the idea that the Big Ten hockey conference was a good idea. 

They'll not be a heated rival......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The rivalry is partially manufactured by the league as an assigned travel partner. Personally, they are 4th/5th of 7 on my list in the conference now that Blais is gone, and probably 7th/8th overall with Bemidji. Just don't have the history of stinging losses/epic wins/fisticuffs/dirty hits like other rivals. They'll probably pass CC on my list if they (CC) don't turn things around with the new arena on campus.

Does this guy actually believe this? He HAS to be trolling for a reaction.

I really dislike UNO, but it's not even remotely close to Minny, Wisconsin, DU, Clown, BC, Michigan, BU. If he's serious, I nominate this quote as an early 2021 dumbest-take-of-the-year favorite.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I really dislike UNO, but it's not even remotely close to Minny, Wisconsin, DU, Clown, BC, Michigan, BU. If he's serious, I nominate this quote as an early 2021 dumbest-take-of-the-year favorite.

So that means I’m no longer number 1? :blush: Gosh, I thought I was the number one pot stirrer. And I’m not even a troll, I just like to debate. Well, shucks...

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

He's serious. In their world we care about them as much as they care about us.

One thing is true, Omaha fans do want their team to be taken seriously. ‘Average’ in these days is seen as a negative comment. Someone said it, average isn’t necessarily bad, but it is average. I was serious though, an ‘average’ NCHC team is pretty damn good. The comments shared after the Saturday night loss were complimentary and I liked that. It’s easy to be gracious after a win, less so after a highly contested loss. I though I saw that here and it made me proud...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MDtoGF said:

Omaha is above average, a top ten team, or maybe more, read why here, and focus on the inefficiency they capitalized on to get the first goal as an example, 

https://seamoresports.com/2021/02/01/as-they-did-last-year-omaha-reminded-the-country-of-their-potential-in-defeating-und/

It's awfully difficult to say where teams could be ranked this year with little or no intra-conference play.   We don't even have many common opponent games which would give us some room to speculate.  I think we all agree that the NCHC is the strongest conference, and that helps, but how UND or Omaha would match up against BU, Wisconsin, or Michigan is difficult to tell.  Other than those prophetic green glasses we all wear.  :D  

Blasphemer here, but do we even know if the NCHC is the top conference?  The last national title game was almost two years ago.  BC and Michigan have some really high end talent, and MN has turned into an NCHC style team under Motzko.  The national tournament will reveal much. 

3 minutes ago, jk said:

Blasphemer here, but do we even know if the NCHC is the top conference?  The last national title game was almost two years ago.  BC and Michigan have some really high end talent, and MN has turned into an NCHC style team under Motzko.  The national tournament will reveal much. 

True, although I would say you had at least a 60-70% chance that an NCHC team would gave won the title again last season although if Mankato found away to get through a regional those odds would have went down a bit. 

On 1/30/2021 at 1:10 PM, siouxforce19 said:

Are you talking about the guy that would post selectively edited video clips of all our major penalties or penalties he decided should get our players suspensions? 

Because I know that guy changed his Twitter handle. 

Yes! Recovering Ops as Goon pointed out in the next post. Talk about delusional!

38 minutes ago, jk said:

You're not a blasphemer.   It's a legit question.

More of a traitor, I'd say.   :D

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

He's serious. In their world we care about them as much as they care about us.

Blows my mind. We've barely been in their orbit for what, 7 years now? Sure, Blais was there, but good lord, not even close. We play similar styles and they could eventually become a very strong rival, but right now, they are so low on our list.

10 hours ago, MDtoGF said:

Omaha is above average, a top ten team, or maybe more, read why here, and focus on the inefficiency they capitalized on to get the first goal as an example, 

https://seamoresports.com/2021/02/01/as-they-did-last-year-omaha-reminded-the-country-of-their-potential-in-defeating-und/

I agree that UNO is above average, but them being opportunistic, essentially needing 5 power plays to win, does not put them on our level. We absolutely controlled play, top to bottom, both games, when it was 5 on 5. I would be absolutely shocked if they won the NCHC. Frankly, I see no chance.