SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #4-Back to Baxter

Wilbur

Well well well.....if it isn't our old friend Baxter arena.  We shouldn't need to practice the day before the game at the rink because if the players don't know the bounces by now, they never will.  

I believe it was @brianvf that said something along the lines of UND vs. Omaha will decide the league championship.  We play 6 of 8 games remaining against them and their adorable coach Stu after they had some Covid issues that messed the schedule up for most of the western teams.

The Pioneers outplayed Omaha for some long stretches of last night's game but got hot goalied by Saville.  Taylor Ward (Come on Dixon....Omaha?) will give us fits in front of the net, and they've got some agitators who will push the line with guys like Pinto, so keeping our composure is pretty important.  We can't take the penalties we took against CC, because Omaha actually connects with passes while on the powerplay, unlike CC.

Current NCHC Standings:
UND 35 Points
SCSU 33 Points
Omaha 27 Points
Duluth 27 Points
Denver 21 Points
Western 19 Points
CC 15 Points
Miami 15 Points

UND has to hold serve here for a few weeks because our friends from Stearns county have Western at home for a couple, and then Miami and CC (just one game), before closing with Duluth.  We do have a game in hand, but lets pretend that doesn't exist for now.  

22 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Friday Night's game on CBSSN at 7pm 

Saturday Night's game looks like NCHC.tv only.  MidCo has basketball already scheduled unless they pick up the game on their MidCoSN2 channel. 

The upside here is that we don't have to hear homer announcers two nights in a row.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I believe it was @brianvf that said something along the lines of UND vs. Omaha will decide the league championship.  We play 6 of 8 games remaining against them and their adorable coach Stu after they had some Covid issues that messed the schedule up for most of the western teams.

Current NCHC Standings:
UND 35 Points
SCSU 33 Points
Omaha 27 Points
Duluth 27 Points
Denver 21 Points
Western 19 Points
CC 15 Points
Miami 15 Points

UND has to hold serve here for a few weeks because our friends from Stearns county have Western at home for a couple, and then Miami and CC (just one game), before closing with Duluth.  We do have a game in hand, but lets pretend that doesn't exist for now.  

I think Omaha is a solid team, but I'm not worried at all about them finishing with more points than UND. Looking at both teams, splits work as UND has 2 more points (that's giving Omaha a sweep against CC). I find it hard to believe that Omaha will take more points than UND in those games, although I think it'll be close. We'll be taking this week by week, but I am worried about SCSU / Duluth's remaining schedules. If they can but together some more weekends against Western / Miami taking all 6, while Omaha / UND split, they will be able to make up ground in a hurry. 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

I think Omaha is a solid team, but I'm not worried at all about them finishing with more points than UND. Looking at both teams, splits work as UND has 2 more points (that's giving Omaha a sweep against CC). I find it hard to believe that Omaha will take more points than UND in those games, although I think it'll be close. We'll be taking this week by week, but I am worried about SCSU / Duluth's remaining schedules. If they can but together some more weekends against Western / Miami taking all 6, while Omaha / UND split, they will be able to make up ground in a hurry. 

Not a chance anyone not named UND-SCSU-Duluth finishes in the top three.  Based on what SCSU and Duluth have left on the schedule I'd be shocked if those two finished outside of the top three.  Just not likely in my opinion.

My way too early NCHC finish:
1. UND (Raging homer pick.....likely SCSU if I take the green glasses off)
2. SCSU
3. Duluth
4. Omaha
5. Denver
6. Western
7. CC
8. Miami

52 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Not a chance anyone not named UND-SCSU-Duluth finishes in the top three.  Based on what SCSU and Duluth have left on the schedule I'd be shocked if those two finished outside of the top three.  Just not likely in my opinion.

My way too early NCHC finish:
1. UND (Raging homer pick.....likely SCSU if I take the green glasses off)
2. SCSU
3. Duluth
4. Omaha
5. Denver
6. Western
7. CC
8. Miami

I have the same final standings. I don't think either SCSU or Duluth will catch UND though. If I had to highlight one reason why for each. St. Cloud runs out of games. Duluth, it's hard to sweep on the road (that clearly goes for every NCHC team).

Omaha’s a weird team. Remember, they only beat CC by 1 goal in each game last week, granted they were on the road on the bigger ice surface. CC had a game tying goal late disallowed due to an off sides call review in their first game. 

Also, lowly CC out shot and out played UNO for large stretches of their second game (a 3-2 OT victory with 0.9 seconds remaining). 

So, which Omaha team will show up this weekend against UND? 

1 hour ago, siouxczech29 said:

What are the best options to watch Friday’s game on CBS Sports for someone who relies on NCHC.tv? Free trials? What streaming services?

Youtube TV has CBS and I believe they give a 5 day trial. You'd have to look into that. I know of friends who used FUBO for the world junior tournament on a free trial as well, they may have CBS.

4 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Omaha’s a weird team. Remember, they only beat CC by 1 goal in each game last week, granted they were on the road on the bigger ice surface. CC had a game tying goal late disallowed due to an off sides call review in their first game. 

Also, lowly CC out shot and out played UNO for large stretches of their second game (a 3-2 OT victory with 0.9 seconds remaining). 

So, which Omaha team will show up this weekend against UND? 

Bigger ice surface, 2 weeks off ice, 28 days lay off. 

On 1/25/2021 at 11:10 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Its the final straw for me on the year, cNceling the monthly subscription. It just isnt worth it. 

Timmy H is my spirit animal from here on out.

There are a lot of great team players on this site like @SiouxFanatic that post links to broadcasts and you can watch away on the computer or phone.  

But if they don't, Tim preaching the game to you via radio or iheart is a pretty good worst option to have.  What I wouldn't give to have him and O'Keefe back together for a weekend of games.