SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #2-Denver (MONDAY NIGHT HOCKEY!!!!!!!!)

Wilbur

I thought Chrona sold it at first but it did appear he hit his head pretty hard. If you are going to give offensive players 5 on those hits however, you have to get way more serious about cracking down on defensemen launching guys in that direction. With that said, Mishmash could have at least tried to put on the breaks. 

First goal early was huge, as it put Denver on their heels and took the wind out of their sails right away. No surprise that the person that filled the Cole Smith character role was Senden. Doesn’t have the size, but really sticks his nose in there.  Good call by the coaches to put that line out first to set the tempo.

It would be nice if the NCHC found a way to get rid of diving. (they have been super quick to call too many men all season)

The conference could find a way to penalize the refs for not calling dives, like they get less games or fined.

Make diving a auto 4 minute minor or better yet a 5 minute. I believe that if there is a dive that you can't call a penalty on the other team. 

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

Thoughts on the Mismash collision with Chrona? (Im sure DU fans will have some thoughts on it over on letsgodu). 

Penalty.  Yes.  Major????  If he has a head injury he gave it to himself.

Get run into and throw your arms up in the air while doing a 360 spin and fall backwards....okay. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Penalty.  Yes.  Major????  If he has a head injury he gave it to himself.

Get run into and throw your arms up in the air while doing a 360 spin and fall backwards....okay. 

Exactly what I said. He hurt himself more trying to sell it and embellish it more. No way that should be a five. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Bobby Brink and Carter Savoie absolute non factors this weekend. 

Actually, tonight, I thought Scheel stopped them from having a big night. Savoie had 9 shots on net tonight. Bobby is more of a disher than a shooter. 

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think it was the 2017 season Neal Pionk flattened Cam Johnson on a charging penalty in the NCHC championship and stayed in the game.

Watch the Mismash hit and the Pionk hit and tell me which guy deserved to get tossed.  

EXACTLY the play I thought of when they went for review.

24 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Thoughts on the Mismash collision with Chrona? (Im sure DU fans will have some thoughts on it over on letsgodu). 

Lee should have had a hitting from behind, grant needs to try and move but at speed he could have blown a knee or gone head first into the net.  Magnus was playing for the contact but then went all ice dancer and spun more then he wanted resulting in the back of his head smacking the ice.  that was bad you know it’s bad when the trainer takes away your helmet.  So give Lee 2 for X-checking and Grant 2 for charging.