SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #2-Denver (MONDAY NIGHT HOCKEY!!!!!!!!)

Wilbur

40 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

If you watch the replay of it from the other angle it's obviously clear that he dropped to the ice as soon as he felt the stick on his back. There's was no force put into it. 

I agree. I was surprised they both didn’t get called. JBD for a cross check and Savoie for embellishment (was it Savoie? I can’t remember). 

53 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I agree. I was surprised they both didn’t get called. JBD for a cross check and Savoie for embellishment (was it Savoie? I can’t remember). 

You were surprised they didn't call an embellishment penalty after Tonya Harding just left with a"head injury"?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

You were surprised they didn't call an embellishment penalty after Tonya Harding just left with a"head injury"?

Ha Ha, right?! Felt like the Refs we’re trying to make amends for calling all those penalties on DU the night before. 

15 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

How does an official look at a replay of that with another official right there and go...."Yup, that's a five."

Was Don Adam by chance the supervisor of officials last night? 

51 minutes ago, burd said:

I don't recall Tim being very upset at the officiating last night, but I may have just missed it. 

Berry made some crack to Hennessy about watching film on the flight home and Hennessy responded in kind about the disparity in penalty minutes. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think it was the 2017 season Neal Pionk flattened Cam Johnson on a charging penalty in the NCHC championship and stayed in the game.

Watch the Mismash hit and the Pionk hit and tell me which guy deserved to get tossed.  

Well of course Pionk. :) 

We will be watching NCHC to see if you are consistent with this.  If I were Brad Berry, I would send footage of Pionk plowing into Cam Johnson and find out why that was not worthy of getting booted from that game, much less a suspension after the fact.  Let's not forget, that in that same game, Kotyk injured Tucker Poolman causing him to miss the NCAA tournament by drilling him into the boards from behind with no repercussions either.  Of course we are in Don Adams world, where Robbie Bina's injury didn't deserve a major.