SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #2-Denver (MONDAY NIGHT HOCKEY!!!!!!!!)

Wilbur

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

Is there any audio/video of Berry’s post game comments. Very curious to hear his thoughts on that mess last night. 

I thought he sounded ticked off.  Said there were far too many passengers on the ice.  Agreed when Tim said, and some of them are your best players.

Said they tried some different combinations to see if they could get something going.

Was complimentary of Matt K.

Tim H asked if he saw this coming and he said ya kind of or something like that.  They addressed it during the week and now the players saw it for themselves.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Finished reading messages.

What's wrong with this team?

LOST I GAME IN A ROW!

its not that they lost, it is HOW they lost.  if they played hard, and got beat, that is the way it goes.   if you dont try and get clapped, that is worrysome

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, 1972 said:

its not that they lost, it is HOW they lost.  if they played hard, and got beat, that is the way it goes.   if you dont try and get clapped, that is worrysome

Totally agree. It’s one thing to loss when you are trying and playing hard. This time looked absolutely uninterested in the game last night. Making mistake after mistake and just watching DU. It was by far the worst game I have watched UND play for a while. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Totally agree. It’s one thing to loss when you are trying and playing hard. This time looked absolutely uninterested in the game last night. Making mistake after mistake and just watching DU. It was by far the worst game I have watched UND play for a while. 

Having watched DU’s last two games in a row (6-1 win over CC and last night’s 4-1 win over UND), CC played scared whereas UND simply looked lethargic and apathetic.

Wondering if Thome gets the game tonight based on his showing in the third period.  Last night in no way shape or form was on Scheel, but wouldn't surprise me if Thome gets the game tonight and maybe there is a renewed sense of urgency from our guys.  

38 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

So the night after beating Denver, CC played scared?

Yep. It’s been a pretty typical scenario on the rare occasion that CC knocks off a good team. Come out the next night either flat or playing on their heals instead of on their toes. 

13 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Tough to have both Bast and Frisch injured at the same time.  Hopefully neither are long term.
Imagine that the top 4 dmen will be playing big minutes.

No doubt. Sure hope they have their legs tonight. 

3 hours ago, 1972 said:

In normal years UND has games like this once or twice a season.  When you had to sit out a few months at the beginning of the season, and knowing that the schedule might be uneven and no guarantees how many games you are going to get, i was hoping a game like last night wouldn’t be an issue.  Keep it at one game and go forward from it and maybe it is something they can point to when/if post season starts.