SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #2-Denver (MONDAY NIGHT HOCKEY!!!!!!!!)

Wilbur

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Does anyone believe we will have 4 more power plays than Denver tomorrow when the outcome isn’t in doubt?

For sure because you know that’ll be the one area of the game that Carle is going to address with his players tomorrow. Tomorrow will be even more difficult to win. 

Give Denver credit. That was the performance we expected from them all season. They were the hungrier team. They were fast, physical and their goalie showed up.

A misplay leaving the zone led to the first goal. A defensemen losing his footing and a backchecker not picking up the trailer at the net led to the second goal. missed coverage  A lucky rebound bounce gave them the third goal.

Only goal that was bad on Scheel's end was the fourth, but not sure if it was tipped or screened. But again a misplay leaving the zone led to Denver holding the possession and eventually scoring.

Lots of video work to show tomorrow morning.

Power play had moments, but the first opportunity was a train wreck 

I agree with an earlier post about switching up the lines after 2 periods. Don't think it was necessary. We'll see if Thome gets the start. I would think Scheel can bounce back but we'll see.

It's one game and we were likely do for one of those performances. We weren't sharp, and they were, and that is how you build a sizable lead and eventual win

over a quality opponent.

• Upvote 3

A few post-game thoughts.

Please play Thome tomorrow.  Scheel was sub-par tonight.

Kawaguchi / Pinto / Gaber:  maybe have a non-liability game soon?

Berry:  Where is the mojo with this team?  Not playing smart in their own zone (at all), no offensive sustained pressure.  Where are these guys' heads?

The boys were certainly off but they just looked like they were skating in cement all night. It was truly strange and frustrating to watch. Like they were gassed after 20-30 seconds after stepping on the ice. Come on Pooly, boys need energy. 

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

The boys were certainly off but they just looked like they were skating in cement all night. It was truly strange and frustrating to watch. Like they were gassed after 20-30 seconds after stepping on the ice. Come on Pooly, boys need energy. 

Less KrampAid, more RedBull

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Don’t necessarily agree with Berry changing lines, as it wasn’t chemistry that was a problem, it was playing with passion, and that was a problem with everyone, not just a few.

What were the changes?

8 hours ago, DAR said:

Put Kawaguchi back with Adams and .Mismash....Pinto Riese and whoever on the second line..  unfortunately there is not a great option there.  Move Senden back to center

Totally agree and I have been saying this from way back when they switched up the lines in the Pod. The Pinto-Gaber line was our best without Guch and putting him there didn't turn the needle much if at all so I would go Gaber-Pinto-Budy, Mishmash-Adams-Guch, Hain-Senden-Jamernik, Blaisdell-Weatherby-Caulfield. Don't think it will happen but I like having four solid lines that can score and win with depth and I think a lineup like this could make that happen. I think both Senden and Weatherby are most effective at center but again I don't know if Bubs splits up that line.