SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #2-Denver (MONDAY NIGHT HOCKEY!!!!!!!!)

Wilbur

I am not one to ladle on the excuses but let’s be mindful that it is getting close to late January and the boys haven’t had a home game.  Road fatigue can be a factor.  I know this is the scenario and reality of 2021 and every team has to overcome it, but this nomadic lifestyle poses a challenge.  

Next weekend’s return to the ice at The Ralph, with some fans in the building could prove to be the salve 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Does Hennessy have the right to award the Roughneck award to the opponent? 

Roughneck award should have gone to the fans that watched the entire game. For the record, I wasn't eligible because I fired up the PS4 after the second.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

I am not one to ladle on the excuses but let’s be mindful that it is getting close to late January and the boys haven’t had a home game.  Road fatigue can be a factor.  I know this is the scenario and reality of 2021 and every team has to overcome it, but this nomadic lifestyle poses a challenge.  

Next weekend’s return to the ice at The Ralph, with some fans in the building could prove to be the salve 

Well said.  I'm not one to let guys that get taken care of extremely well off the hook either, added to it the knowledge that Arizona State is playing their entire season on the road.

Back to back weekends at altitude has to be weird on the body.  With classes being not in person I'm not sure why the team didn't just stay down in Colorado for the week?  I get that you'd have to put the Covid factors into play, but you'd think they'd have a better chance of having a kid test positive by coming back to ND and letting the team go their own way for a week before getting back together and flying down to Denver.  

34 minutes ago, 06 Sioux said:

Roughneck award should have gone to the fans that watched the entire game. For the record, I wasn't eligible because I fired up the PS4 after the second.

I should’ve chosen to give my goldfish a bath last night instead. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 06 Sioux said:

I wasn't knocking the ice quality.  The team was falling down all over the place like a pee wee team.  Denver is a good team, but the team looked terrible.

Gaber looked like last night was his 3rd time ever on skates

10 hours ago, DAR said:

Put Kawaguchi back with Adams and Mismash....Pinto Riese and whoever on the second line..  unfortunately there is not a great option there.  Move Senden back to center

This....all of it.

Budy isn't a top 6 guy.  Try Weatherby. 

Senden centers Hain with Budy or Judd

11 hours ago, Oldguy said:

A few post-game thoughts.

Please play Thome tomorrow.  Scheel was sub-par tonight.

Kawaguchi / Pinto / Gaber:  maybe have a non-liability game soon?

Berry:  Where is the mojo with this team?  Not playing smart in their own zone (at all), no offensive sustained pressure.  Where are these guys' heads?

Difficult to identify a leader or leaders on this team. Either on the ice or the bench sometimes. Is anybody fired up at all?

4 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Caufield is a big body but boy does he need to get stronger on his skates. He was knocked around too easy last night. 

For sure.  It just doesn’t take much to knock him off the puck or his skates. And I’m not talking about the big hit the little guy out on him last night. He has been a fairly major disappointment. 

6 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Caufield is a big body but boy does he need to get stronger on his skates. He was knocked around too easy last night. 

Nothing against Caufield but man, that DU player laid him out! I think that’s the freshman they keep saying Carle says he’s the hardest hitter on the team. 

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Perhaps move Caufield up to second line.

I agree.  Who wouldn't work with Pinto and Gaber?

I disagree with your stance on Ozark though.  I mean Jason Bateman sells it as a money launderer who has issues with locals and the Mexican drug cartel okay....:lol:

26 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I agree.  Who wouldn't work with Pinto and Gaber?

I disagree with your stance on Ozark though.  I mean Jason Bateman sells it as a money launderer who has issues with locals and the Mexican drug intel okay....:lol:

Bateman was great, and the original premise was excellent, just feel the storyline wandered off near the end.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tnt said:

Don't feel that great about tonight with Schlossman focusing on how long it has been since UND lost back to back games.   

That's part of his job; try not to feed the fire here. The guys were down and out last night quite clearly. They'll come back with fire tonight and hopefully make it a wash. 

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Nothing against Caufield but man, that DU player laid him out! I think that’s the freshman they keep saying Carle says he’s the hardest hitter on the team. 

The player is Caponi, and the hit on Canfield was a clean hit but he also laid some very questionable hits and stuck his leg out and almost knee on knee last night to one of our players. He did get a penalty for that. If he starts to play more dirty he is going to get rocked one of these days. 

15 minutes ago, crb1 said:

The player is Caponi, and the hit on Canfield was a clean hit but he also laid some very questionable hits and stuck his leg out and almost knee on knee last night to one of our players. He did get a penalty for that. If he starts to play more dirty he is going to get rocked one of these days. 

Yah Starman has mentioned how hard he hits but you can definitely get the sense that the kid won’t hesitate laying a dirty hit on someone with how he plays. It won’t take long for him to make a name for himself.