SiouxSports.com Forum

Pod style game 7-Western....a week later.

Wilbur

What a difference a week makes.  Last Sunday we blew threw Western and were all cute and undefeated...and now we need a win like I need a 2020 reprieve.

Put Gooch back with 18-16.  Judd hurt so who knows about other lines, and not sure about Frisch.

11 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Boys have to wake up a bit. They seem to be waiting around for PP opportunities and playing very soft in the d zone. It’s been tough to watch.

The Huskies killed them yesterday in the d-zone with their forecheck. They definitely miss the two d-man that are at the WJC. 

Could the second period against Duluth team show up for say 40+ minutes today?

I wonder if Feeney will ever get a look?  Probably not a great time to get him in, but it would be nice to see if he's more than just a practice puck eater.  

21 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

All of the games yesterday were a bit off. Wonder if the kids are getting gassed earlier with the pace. With three games, it seemed like the ice was a real factor in the nightcap. I think things settle  after the first of the year and we see how things really stack up.

Ice last night was bad.  Miami gets a win, but that was a big time factor.  I'm guessing they can't get a good shave between games and they're just flooding and crossing their fingers.  Three games a day on Baxter may be too much. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Didn't watch yesterday and sounds like it was for the best. Were the new injuries dirty plays?

Frisch got blown up on what looked like a clean open ice hit.  The other guy fell to the ice, but it was Frisch that had to leave the game.