SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting

UND Fan

UND’s D-line has the potential to be great in the next few years you add Teiken who had FBS offers, schultze if he’s truly like Zeke Ott could be a great get, and if you add a big body nose UND football will be a special place to be and will attract more big time players And hopefully a few championships...

I was going over Luna's offers and basically they fit into two categories.

• Ivy League
  • Lower Level FBS (CMU, EMU, Buffalo, Air Force)

You never know about the Ivy League, but I really think UND would have the advantage over the lower level FBS schools. 

Very interested to see the feel of commitment #3. Teiken really bucked the trend of the usual early commitments that UND gets. 

3 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I wouldn’t consider Air Force, Army and Navy lower level FBS schools. They aren’t Alabama, Clemson, Norte Dame, Oklahoma etc but they are 3 of the top academic institutions in the world and have played tight games or beaten some of the top 10 teams in the country. To get a kid who has offers from Army and Air Force is huge. It is a credit to our coaches and where the program is headed and a credit to the academic reputation and academic opportunities available to our student athletes. 

Army and Navy and light years ahead of Air Force, but AJS never mentioned Army and Navy……

Nothing UND can’t offer football wise…. Remember we are the SEC of the FCS

On 2/1/2021 at 12:02 AM, UND Fan said:

Two new offers - both defensive studs from Moorhead.  It would be great if they followed Feeney to UND but I expect Teiken will go to a FBS school.  

LB Austin Altepeter, 6’3”, 220, Moorhead (Moorhead), MN  Has offers from NDSU & USD
DL Jack Teiken, 6’3”, 255, Moorhead (Moorhead), MN  Has offers from UNI & NDSU

Altepeter will play for the Bison. 

On 6/10/2021 at 8:35 PM, UND Fan said:

And another two:

OT Rex Johnson, 6’5”, 280, Logan (Logan-Magnolia), IA. Has offer from NDSU

LB Nathaniel Staehling, 6’3”, 205, Brainard (Brainard), MN

Staehling also committed to NDSU last night.

Very disappointing for sure, both with Altepeter and Staehling. Looking at it through the lens of reality, this was never a situation where UND was all of a sudden going to win every recruiting battle with NDSU. At the same time, the Teiken news was so surprising and unexplainably felt a little different, that a part of me really thought there might be some momentum that came with that. 

There's still a handful of more head to head battles this class. I'm not feeling as optimistic today as I did yesterday, but momentum can shift. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Hambone said:

Dixon has an offer from UNI.

Another new one:

DE Tommy Hamann, 6'3", 225, 4.7, Plymouth (Wayzata), MN  Has offer from SDSU and PWO offer from ISU

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3