SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

22 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Not digging up stuff you can do yourself.  The key is Sweden.

One graphic I could more but.  Plenty of info sans Google.

Well I just heard a national medical expert today say what I shared - that everyone's antibodies are different and the safest option, even for someone who had it, is to also get vaxed. (Here we go...) 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Not accurate. However if you had COVID and are then vaccinated,  you are more likely to have better immunity than those who are vaccinated but didn’t have COVID. 

So the esteemed Detroit Lakes Clinic knows more than the not so esteemed Cleveland Clinic?!

23 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

So the esteemed Detroit Lakes Clinic knows more than the not so esteemed Cleveland Clinic?!

Don’t be a !@#$%!. The jury is still out but the medical community hasn’t gone so far as claiming you get a better immune response from the disease than from the vaccine. Immunity varies depending upon severity of the illness and the individual. I have reviewed the Cleveland Clinic study and many others. It has nothing to do with whether we are in Cleveland, Ohio or Cleveland, N. Dak. The information is available to physicians in both communities and elsewhere. I receive regular updates on COVID and the vaccines. I can even do that in Detroit Lakes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

Not accurate. However if you had COVID and are then vaccinated,  you are more likely to have better immunity than those who are vaccinated but didn’t have COVID. 

Other say natural immunity is better than vaccine.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, iramurphy said:

Jury is still out. Some say but no clear evidence yet. 

True.  Even in Sweden the jury is still.  But policy is made while the jury is still out.  my opinion but I believe Sweden had it right and didn't. Go down the rabbit hole the rest of the whole did.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Please stop with the FOX headlines. There is so much more to this than just headlines. We had a thread that tore our comradery apart we don't need to revisit it every day. 

Not as safe as you thought with your Vax, huh?  That's too bad.  Enjoy your spike proteins!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

If you want normal get the damn shot

not too difficult to understand 

I got the shot, but they keep changing the goalposts. So, being that some aren’t getting it, should they cancel college sports again to protect everyone?  

Personally I think folks are being selfish by not getting the vaccine. Pretty crazy and unhinged folks that believe all the crazy theories and reasons not to get the shot. I am shocked we are not smarter.

Unfortunately these crazies will dictate if we have an unmasked normal football season.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, tnt said:

I got the shot, but they keep changing the goalposts. So, being that some aren’t getting it, should they cancel college sports again to protect everyone?  

On a positive note, in case you missed it, it's completely safe with 2 masks and 2 Speedo bottoms to pee in the pool now.

To the credit of the Alerus staff they tried to make the spring game's atmosphere as normal as possible.  I have no doubt that they try to continue that this fall.

The Ralph Covid Mafia might be a different story unfortunately in a couple months.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Well this thread is a hot mess. I thought this was a place to talk about the football season? Take your covid crap somewhere else, and let stick to the season.

Unfortunately, it's the only thing that gets the good ol' boys on here triggered these days. Sad.

• 2 weeks later...

From Miller's article yesterday, UND is currently at 65% Vaccination rate, expected to be at 70% by the weekend. Hitting that 85% before the Season starts isn't looking promising. They have to have some of the worst numbers in the MVFC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AJS said:

From Miller's article yesterday, UND is currently at 65% Vaccination rate, expected to be at 70% by the weekend. Hitting that 85% before the Season starts isn't looking promising. They have to have some of the worst numbers in the MVFC.

a football team can literally go from 65% to 100% in a couple hours if that is what they choose to do.

18 minutes ago, petey23 said:

a football team can literally go from 65% to 100% in a couple hours if that is what they choose to do.

You never know, maybe most are waiting on an FDA approval, but my thought would be if they haven't by now, I don't think you'd see a significant jump anytime before the season. Hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

You never know, maybe most are waiting on an FDA approval, but my thought would be if they haven't by now, I don't think you'd see a significant jump anytime before the season. Hope I'm wrong.

Obviously would help IMO but when an unvaccinated 20 year old, who's risk of illness is minimal to begin with, sees little to no benefit in society from those that are vaccinated I can understand the hesitancy. 

With that said the more poked the better.

1 hour ago, AJS said:

How many have already had COVID?  I thought I read on here at one point that half the team had already had it?  Why would anyone ever take a vaccine for something they already have "survived"?  Isn't this all supposed to be based in science?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

How many have already had COVID?  I thought I read on here at one point that half the team had already had it?  Why would anyone ever take a vaccine for something they already have "survived"?  Isn't this all supposed to be based in science?

It would be wise to take the vaccine if shown that having had the virus does not confer sufficient immunity. Why do you suppose people get a flu shot every year?

I guess we will see what the percentage shakes out at.  I’m 100% behind the guys for making their own choice.  

On the other hand, the rules are in place. I feel if you want to kill momentum for a program, forfeit a couple games because of testing that could have been avoided.  Hoping it doesn’t happen and everyone stays healthy.