SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Covid Outbreak Hits Carnival Cruise Despite Every Guest and Staff Member Being ‘Vaccinated’

I could attach 100 suppressed articles like this.  I can believe the NCAA wants to control this down to when you can take a dump, but this isn't a simple issue.  I pray the players don't subject themselves to the jab cause most of them have had C-19 already anyway.  It's a virus and these players are very low risk.  The jab is sketchy AF, no long term data, variants coming every election cycle, etc.  The long term health of these players is more important than a season of FB.   

But, you didn't attach an article or a link.  You attached a sensationalized headline from...... where?    A cruise ship tested the crew and passengers and like everyone knows, you can still get COVID if vaccinated.   Many times people won't feel sick at all or have just minor symptoms.   The cruise company said a "small number of people tested positive".   But, that doesn't sound as scary as "COVID Outbreak".   No one is hospitalized, no one has died.   A few tested positive and are fine.   Because they are fully vaccinated.  I knew 3 people close to me in the area who were calling COVID a hoax last summer and fall.  All said they'd never take a shot.  I've have since streamed and\or attended the funerals for all 3 of them including my brother in law who we begged to get the shot.   Long term health is very important, so is taking a small, safe step to avoid short term death.  Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, green_sioux said:

But, you didn't attach an article or a link.  You attached a sensationalized headline from...... where?    A cruise ship tested the crew and passengers and like everyone knows, you can still get COVID if vaccinated.   Many times people won't feel sick at all or have just minor symptoms.   The cruise company said a "small number of people tested positive".   But, that doesn't sound as scary as "COVID Outbreak".   No one is hospitalized, no one has died.   A few tested positive and are fine.   Because they are fully vaccinated.  I knew 3 people close to me in the area who were calling COVID a hoax last summer and fall.  All said they'd never take a shot.  I've have since streamed and\or attended the funerals for all 3 of them including my brother in law who we begged to get the shot.   Long term health is very important, so is taking a small, safe step to avoid short term death.  Just my 2 cents.

I thought the moderators said not to attach or maybe don't copy full articles.  Concerning the Covid jab and the 2020-2021 football team it should be player choice.  A few lame protocol for Non-Vaxers is tolerable I just hope they don't go overboard or require it.  Absolutely nothing is know long-term.  If some are so impressed with the vaccine then why worry about those that are not!!  I love the last line in the definition below....."there is no vaccine against the virus"

noun
  1. a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
    "there is no vaccine against the virus"

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Back to football discussion.  Please and thank you.

- Mods

sorry

With a family member in the NCAA crosshairs I wanted to share what many others think but don't want the backlash.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Concerning the Covid jab and the 2020-2021 football team it should be player choice.

That's a very fair statement but that also includes fully understanding the NCAA and MVFC rules that go along with those choices.

As it sits right now, JMU has very little to worry about in terms of CoVid having a substantial impact on their team (in terms of testing required and possible forfeits).
The MVFC as a whole can't say the same thing. 

5 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Covid Outbreak Hits Carnival Cruise Despite Every Guest and Staff Member Being ‘Vaccinated’

I could attach 100 suppressed articles like this.  I can believe the NCAA wants to control this down to when you can take a dump, but this isn't a simple issue.  I pray the players don't subject themselves to the jab cause most of them have had C-19 already anyway.  It's a virus and these players are very low risk.  The jab is sketchy AF, no long term data, variants coming every election cycle, etc.  The long term health of these players is more important than a season of FB.   

Yup. Nothing to do with efficacy of the vaccine. My statement is just about checking a box for the ncaa and getting more freedom.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Yup. Nothing to do with efficacy of the vaccine. My statement is just about checking a box for the ncaa and getting more freedom.

Do as we say, the way we say it, when we say it.  Then, and only then will we give you more freedom.:D

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, green_sioux said:

my heart goes out to your 81 year old brother in law that had three or more co-morbidities....

• Downvote 5

6 minutes ago, green_sioux said:

Wrong.  51 yr old former college athlete, who ran 17 full marathons in his life, and worked as an athletic trainer his whole adult life.  He was in incredible shape and thought he was invincible.  He died after 11 days in ICU in the cities.

Link to the obit?

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Yup. It’s straight out of 1984. But it’s an easy way to remove a variable that could negatively affect our season. 

if our student athletes are so dumb as to think this way we won't win more than 4 games this season.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

If you had covid before you have better immunity than the vaccine. Just saying.  If you don't have immunity get the !@#$ don't let your teammates down.

I would like to hear your source on this because every medical expert that I have heard has said those that "got it" still need to be vaxed because everyone's antibodies are going to be different. I do not want this to start a string of myths and memes, just want to see the source. 

9 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Please stop with the FOX headlines. There is so much more to this than just headlines. We had a thread that tore our comradery apart we don't need to revisit it every day. 

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

I would like to hear your source on this because every medical expert that I have heard has said those that "got it" still need to be vaxed because everyone's antibodies are going to be different. I do not want this to start a string of myths and memes, just want to see the source. 

Not digging up stuff you can do yourself.  The key is Sweden.

One graphic I could more but.  Plenty of info sans Google.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

If you had covid before you have better immunity than the vaccine. Just saying.  If you don't have immunity get the !@#$ don't let your teammates down.

Not accurate. However if you had COVID and are then vaccinated,  you are more likely to have better immunity than those who are vaccinated but didn’t have COVID. 

• Upvote 1