SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

11 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

This is one area where Obama deserves credit.  He made a point of peddling apologies throughout the Middle East during his time, yet those countries mostly all still hated the US.  Obama proved that the traditional argument of (they only hate the US because the US intervenes) was hogwash.  Since the hatred by those ME countries is a given, God bless those who keep the US safe by keeping terrorist turds in the Middle East litterbox.  

What?????

19 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

What?????

It wasn't on purpose, but he proved that the cumbaya taking a softer stance and being more passive than presidents before him made no difference in how most in the Middle East hate the US.  So if the a**-kissing approach doesn't work, might as well stick with the tried and true hammer approach.  One less guy in Iran now versus a week ago that has  high level nuclear weapons ability.  That is a positive.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Zero people think Biden will run the country like a dictator.

Biden might even still think he is going to be in charge, but thats just what happens with dementia.

You are correct he will be a puppet at best if not put to pasture first.

Harris will try to be strong but is not capable in any way of leadership so the real batcrap crazies will run her like Willy with a job opening.

They need to get him to Jan 7th at the bare minimum....

Zero chance he "fell playing with the dog".... the way the media just flopped all over the cutsie wootsie story is basically confirmation of that.

Yeah Biden isn't really cut out to be a dictator, besides, the House and Senate aren't going to be rubber stamping his agenda if it is remotely controversial.

I'm with you on Harris. I'm not sure exactly what she is supposed to represent. Pence fit the "establishment conservative generic GOP governor" bill, Kamala fits the half black woman bill at best? 

I mean, no idea how he fell, could've been playing with a dog I suppose. I dont think it matters much unless they find out he has cancer or something and were trying to hide it.. Though it is amusing to see the media take it as Gospel after four years of questioning everything.

2 hours ago, NDSU grad said:

We can't have a complicit media in lockstep with one party of the government.  This was the case in the former USSR and presently China.  

All of the big ones but Fox will be complicit. Ben Rhodes bragged about how the previous administration could basically write the stories themselves because the media would pretty much copy them word for word.

Jake Tapper and a couple others might occasionally do a good job to keep up appearances.

19 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Yeah Biden isn't really cut out to be a dictator, besides, the House and Senate aren't going to be rubber stamping his agenda if it is remotely controversial.

I'm with you on Harris. I'm not sure exactly what she is supposed to represent. Pence fit the "establishment conservative generic GOP governor" bill, Kamala fits the half black woman bill at best? 

I mean, no idea how he fell, could've been playing with a dog I suppose. I dont think it matters much unless they find out he has cancer or something and were trying to hide it.. Though it is amusing to see the media take it as Gospel after four years of questioning everything.

All of the big ones but Fox will be complicit. Ben Rhodes bragged about how the previous administration could basically write the stories themselves because the media would pretty much copy them word for word.

Jake Tapper and a couple others might occasionally do a good job to keep up appearances.

You might get some conflict between the left wing media and the lunatic left wing media if and when Biden tries to establish a left leaning policy instead of a whack job left wing policy.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, TheFlop said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-27/how-covid-19-has-turned-the-spotlight-back-on-obesity-quicktake

So people that don't take their health seriously for years get to have priority over those that do.  Perfect.  #MASKS FOREVER #SAVEONELIFE

So people who smoke would move up the priority list also?

Asking for a friend.

• Like 1

I too wish that media wasn’t so biased one way or another.  I wish good work and accomplishments were acknowledged along with the failures by all the media. I tire of all the domesday and of the worship. Trump and Obama both did good things. Trump is more aligned with my personal feelings. I do remember being frustrated with Obama.

Biden has his work cut out for him. It will be interesting how much influence Harris will have. My gut says she will have to move closer to the left middle.

31 minutes ago, petey23 said:

You might get some conflict between the left wing media and the lunatic left wing media if and when Biden tries to establish a left leaning policy instead of a whack job left wing policy.

Would agree with your with some conflict there. 
My feeling is; Biden will try to work together with the centralist R and far left - even if D score 2 in Georgia runoff & no way packing SCOUS.
Biden will also try put a stop to these political investigations, T gets a BIG green light to go home, and of course only with Federal issues.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ToDaClub said:

So people who smoke would move up the priority list also?

Asking for a friend.

If I understand what you are saying, it's already happened.  I'm not saying that just because someone smokes means they deserve to die of Covid.  What I am saying is that smoking is a choice.  In most cases obesity is also a choice.  The hazards of those choices are well known.  People that live a more moderate lifestyle are already financially getting hammered because of those poor choices made by others (increased insurance/cost of medical care, etc) even though they chose to live a healthier lifestyle by not smoking and by not eating bag after bag of Doritos.  

So when the very thing that the obese and smokers were warned about comes home to roost, some people's solution is to punish those that made the smart decisions to stay healthy in an effort to bail out the smokestacks and porkers? 

Ask around to anyone working in hospitals at the moment, with very few exceptions the people filling up beds are the very old (can't do much about age) and the obese.  

20 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

My feeling is; Biden will try to work together with the centralist R and far left - even if D score 2 in Georgia runoff & no way packing SCOUS.
Biden will also try put a stop to these political investigations, T gets a BIG green light to go home, and of course only with Federal issues.

If you're talking about investigations in the House, they are a JOKE.  Not going anywhere and a waste of time and money.  

23 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

If I understand what you are saying, it's already happened.  I'm not saying that just because someone smokes means they deserve to die of Covid.  What I am saying is that smoking is a choice.  In most cases obesity is also a choice.  The hazards of those choices are well known.  People that live a more moderate lifestyle are already financially getting hammered because of those poor choices made by others (increased insurance/cost of medical care, etc) even though they chose to live a healthier lifestyle by not smoking and by not eating bag after bag of Doritos.  

So when the very thing that the obese and smokers were warned about comes home to roost, some people's solution is to punish those that made the smart decisions to stay healthy in an effort to bail out the smokestacks and porkers? 

Ask around to anyone working in hospitals at the moment, with very few exceptions the people filling up beds are the very old (can't do much about age) and the obese.    

This whole discussion is curious.

Is there really a correlation between risk and DESIRE for the vaccine?

I suspect that a whole lot of folks who might qualify for some 'priority' status will simply pass, and low priority people will still enjoy access...if they want it.  If the latter does not come to fruition, I would be leery that that characterizations by providers of 'high demand among higher risk populations' as the reason are a smoke screen for decreased availability across the board due to supply issues.

All that to say, you come across as quite the judgmental sort when it comes to your fellow man.  Hope you're not a "Christian."

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

wasn't biden in the oval office with the other swamp rats trying to find out how to put flynn in jail?  

interesting take.

• Upvote 2

Sorry, I was making a tongue in cheek joke.  Saw an article today in the Herald that lead to my question. If they prioritize based on bad choices of our past, I wouldn't want to be the one deciding who goes after the first responders, medical, and elderly.  Does anyone know, who is "they"? 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6782144-Smoking-COVID-19-can-expand-illnesses-infection-rate

4 minutes ago, ToDaClub said:

Sorry, I was making a tongue in cheek joke.  Saw an article today in the Herald that lead to my question. If they prioritize based on bad choices of our past, I wouldn't want to be the one deciding who goes after the first responders, medical, and elderly.  Does anyone know, who is "they"? 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/coronavirus/6782144-Smoking-COVID-19-can-expand-illnesses-infection-rate

I'd guess Trump since he created the vaccine?

But really, instead they are putting it all on the states. I'm sure none of it will be politicized (from either side).
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/30/trump-states-handle-vaccines-440798

27 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I'd guess Trump since he created the vaccine?

But really, instead they are putting it all on the states. I'm sure none of it will be politicized (from either side).
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/30/trump-states-handle-vaccines-440798

This is exactly how it should be. The one positive outcome from the pandemic is a return of some power to the states. I’m afraid this will be short-lived however and we’ll have a return to federal overreach. 

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I suspect that a whole lot of folks who might qualify for some 'priority' status will simply pass, and low priority people will still enjoy access...if they want it.  If the latter does not come to fruition, I would be leery that that characterizations by providers of 'high demand among higher risk populations' as the reason are a smoke screen for decreased availability across the board due to supply issues.

All that to say, you come across as quite the judgmental sort when it comes to your fellow man.  Hope you're not a "Christian."

I've been getting judged since March everytime I've given any type of dissenting voice against the Covid is gonna kill us all crowd.  A little turnabout is fair play.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

And for the record, in this case I want all of the smokers, obese, and people in general that have neglected their health to get first crack at the vaccine so their poor decisions can stop having so much impact on the rest of the US.

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wasn't biden in the oval office with the other swamp rats trying to find out how to put flynn in jail?  

interesting take.

Just my opinion, if D's go all in as accusers - it will be a mess.
Someday this has to ratchet down, just got to get to Jan 20 without something horrific. 
Biden has seen enough to figure out how to slow this down/stop, sooner the better for all.
If Biden's template was built into a cement maize, wouldn't many/most/all find their way through?

25 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Just my opinion, if D's go all in as accusers - it will be a mess.
Someday this has to ratchet down, just got to get to Jan 20 without something horrific. 
Biden has seen enough to figure out how to slow this down/stop, sooner the better for all.

It doesn't suprise me, but it does perplex me that you have made it so far in life and still be so ignorantly naive about this.

Biden is complicitly corrupt, just now has the mental deterioration to be affable.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

It doesn't suprise me, but it does perplex me that you have made it so far in life and still be so ignorantly naive about this.

Biden is complicitly corrupt, just now has the mental deterioration to be affable.

I guess I'm hopefully optimistic. Biden wants to work together with R and for all Americans, that does not work going full throttle with investigations. Maybe end up somewhere in the middle, but even that makes it a difficult term.

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If one identifies as an obese lesbian minority does that move one to the front of the Covid vaccine line?

Yes unless they are members of a gym or participate in sports.  Those people need to stay at home just a little bit longer for the greater good. 

https://thebulwark.com/trump-lawyer-dhs-whistleblower-should-be-executed/

“On Monday President Trump’s campaign lawyer and former U.S. Attorney Joe diGenova said that fired Trump cybersecurity chief Chris Krebs should be executed for saying that the election was the “most secure in United States history.”

I would hope most here would say this is unacceptable. Serious or not