SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

I need to start taking vitamin D

if I understand correctly. In Pennsylvania a state lawmaker has filed a new suit stating that a state law is unconstitutional. That very law was passed and signed in the 2018 session by a Republican state congress. If  remember correctly only one Republican senator voted against it. Had to do with eliminating all mail in ballets.

44 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Yeah man, I’ve been taking 2000 units or whatever the heck they’re called for years. I think that stuff works for sure and it’s good for plenty of other stuff besides immune support. 

And studies have come out from several different countries showing that anywhere from 80-92% of people who ended up hospitalized or died with Covid have been shown to be deficient in Vitamin D.....reason enough to take it until you hear different.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I would expect the tax increases to be tiered based on the amount of profit reported. Would surprise me to see them going after incremental gains in tax revenue on middle class businesses. Shouldn't the high earners pay their share? Not even going into the whole "redistribution of wealth" argument (which has its own merits), but the top 1% has been gaming the system and not paying their share of taxes for decades. Needs to change, and quickly.

Taxes will need to go up under some administration in our lifetimes - our deficit spending increased under Trump to nearly a trillion dollars in 2019, and that's no way to run a country. The bill for all of the COVID stimulus is going to come due at some point as well.

I can never be in favor of tax increases on anyone or any business as long as the government continues to increase spending and adding new programs.  For some reason politicians seem to think an extra 500 billion in tax revenue means they can spend another trillion or more.    I would be in favor of tax increases if they would freeze spending.  

Both parties spend recklessly without regards to the deficit.  The democrats want to spend all the time, the republicans seem only to care about deficits when the democrats are in power. 

The approach to health insurance is nuts.  The discussion involves how much the government is going to help pay for it.  Absolutely the wrong way to look at it.  Health care costs have been going up for years at a much higher rate than inflation or GDP.   Cost increases must be brought down to no more than the inflation rate or it will bankrupt us. 

Same this goes for education costs.  The idea of free college education should scare the crap out of everyone.   The costs will go up at a faster rate than our currently unaffordable pace.  The cost of college needs to be brought under control or we need to seriously revamp our entire system of higher education. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kermit's Luck said:

You drew a direct conclusion based on the length of day/amount of sunlight. Oh, wait - you were talking about a new administration actually taking steps to control the virus! I got it now. Glad you’re looking forward to January as much as I am!

They aren't doing anything different lol

28 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Too bad we might never hear/see Powell’s evidence.

this is so wierd I wonder if Powell kicked off is real or fake news.

25 minutes ago, clh741 said:

Rudy and Jenna must have figured out what happens to the Kraken. 

It’s interesting, I just read the statement from the trump campaign and it’s ambiguous as to its meaning. Are they truly trying to distance themselves from her or are they simply trying to paint her as an independent “objective” lawyer who is seeking the truth. The way they worded it I could see it being either.

11 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

The possibility that Powell would pursue on her own did cross my mind as well. That way some of the, careful how I say this, more non traditional things she says wouldn’t necessarily reflect totally on Trump. 

what has been done has been done.

The more I read about it, the more it seems like just a clarification that Sidney Powell has never been on Trumps personal team vs a change and her being removed.

Trump campaign disavows attorney Sidney Powell after controversy over conspiracy theories.

After a week of media appearances in which she was pressed on her repeated claims of widespread fraud in the election without providing evidence, officials from the Trump campaign distanced themselves from attorney Sidney Powell, who had helped in the campaign’s lawsuits.

"Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own. She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team. She is also not a lawyer for the President in his personal capacity," Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and Trump campaign attorney Jenna Ellis said in a statement.

Though Giuliani said Powell is not a member of the legal team, she recently spoke alongside him at a news conference for the campaign where she alleged several election fraud conspiracies.

President Donald Trump recently listed Powell as “spearheading the legal effort” in a tweet alongside several attorneys he described as “a truly great team, added to our other wonderful lawyers.”

In a series of media appearances, Powell has made numerous unfounded allegations about the presidential election. She has baselessly alleged that "thousands" of poll workers were secretly complicit in a conspiracy against Trump and that foreign actors had altered the vote counts. There is no evidence for any of these claims.

Election updates: Christie calls Trump legal team 'national embarrassment'; Hogan tells Trump 'stop golfing and concede' (msn.com)

She was part of the team.  At the recent press conference she spoke at, Rudy publicly stated all the lawyers were representing Trump and the Trump campaign.  Trump also tweeted about her being a part of his legal team last week.  

Today's occurrence probably happened for one of 2 reasons:

1) Powell’s accusations will cost Trump’s legal team millions in defamation suits.  They still might plan on keeping her on his side, but they're publicly distancing themselves from her.  It gives them plausible deniability for anything outrageous she says.    
2) Powell’s conspiracy theories went too far for even Trump.  Take note she was targeting his staunch allies and even his own DOJ.       

Anyhow, this whole charade is ****ing nuts.  There is not a shred of respectability with any of these actors.  So stupid.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Washington Examiner
Jerry Dunleavy  2 hrs ago
Trump legal team shuns Sidney Powell as insiders and national security officials see no evidence supporting her voting machine claims

Again, read the statement for yourself, not the spin. 

T's buddy Christie calls T legal team 'a national embarrassment.'

"They allege fraud outside the courtroom, but when they go inside the courtroom, they don't plead fraud and they don't argue fraud," Christie said. "Listen, I've been a supporter of the president's. I voted for him twice. But elections have consequences, and we cannot continue to act as if something happened here that didn't happen." 

Christie said if the Trump team is "unwilling to come forward and present the evidence" of widespread election fraud, "it must mean the evidence doesn't exist."  

• Upvote 1

Mr. Giuliani said in a statement that Ms. Powell “is practicing law on her own. She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team. She is also not a lawyer for the President in his personal capacity.”

Kinda nice for someone to be both on the team and off the team pending on how much of an asset they are for you. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Spin yourself counter clockwise about 8 times. What about T's spin???
T yet to answer 1 Press question since the election, but almost daily tweets of widespread D voter fraud / stolen election.

What does a lack of press conferences have to do with anything? Like...at all?