SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Because politicians are masters of the English language.

“We are not going to raise taxes on the middle class” is technically correct if your tax plan doesn’t call for an increase for that group, but instead doesn’t renew a previous administration’s cuts for that group. 

My favorite example of this is when a politician claims that “funding for (insert here)program has been slashed” when in reality what happened was a planned budgetary increase wasn’t approved. The budget could stay the same as it was before, but since the planned increase in budget didn’t take place, they call it a funding cut. 

This is why I hate politicians across the board as a general rule, they are liars and half-truth tellers.

Remember when a sitting president had the audacity to utter the phrase “that depends on what your definition of the word is, is” ?

Disgusting people who will say anything to get what they want. I’d trust a street hustler before I’d trust a politician.

^^^^^
I agree unfortunately. Both sides. Everything said has varying degrees of truth but never the whole.

ugh

Dems will be issuing talking points on what to say when they increase taxes, when they ban fracking, when the virus doesn’t go their way, 

when peaceful protests aren’t, when the squad takes over, when interest rates start going up, 

‘it will be trumps,fault for 4 years now

• Upvote 1

Just saw Cramer’s interview on nbc (chuck todd I believe) this morning. I think he did a good job. Actually impressed. Told everyone to just settle down. Evidence should be proven in court sooner than later. Gsa (I think it is called) should sign allowing transition to start. Not willing to call Biden the winner yet but he probably will win. Let the legal process proceed so that as many as possible will buy in. Very good. Pretty much agree with all.

I don’t doubt Biden’s position will evolve over the years. I never did hear from him on a timeline over when he proposes what he wants done. Too bad (maybe I missed it) he wasn’t asked that a few times.

18 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Just saw Cramer’s interview on nbc (chuck todd I believe) this morning. I think he did a good job. Actually impressed. Told everyone to just settle down. Evidence should be proven in court sooner than later. Gsa (I think it is called) should sign allowing transition to start. Not willing to call Biden the winner yet but he probably will win. Let the legal process proceed so that as many as possible will buy in. Very good. Pretty much agree with all.

I don’t doubt Biden’s position will evolve over the years. I never did hear from him on a timeline over when he proposes what he wants done. Too bad (maybe I missed it) he wasn’t asked that a few times.

You are correct sir, General Services Administration they're in charge of building, vehicles and other services. They do a lot of other things too. 

1 hour ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I'm pretty sure they'll raise taxes on people making more than $400,000, maybe institute a minimum tax for corporations, those kinds of things. Why make a statement like that after an election if it's going to end up being false and get posted all over the internet? 

They're going to raise taxes on everyone. If you don't believe that you're living in denial. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

What occurred in November?

Better question is what happened in June. The answer is days started getting shorter. Less natural sunlight and less human vitamin D natural production.

Better? Look at the data from March to June. Days got longer and data started to look better ... until June and shorter days.

Want to bet come January and days getting longer the data starts looking better again?

2 hours ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I'm pretty sure they'll raise taxes on people making more than $400,000, maybe institute a minimum tax for corporations, those kinds of things. Why make a statement like that after an election if it's going to end up being false and get posted all over the internet? 

Don’t get trapped by single variate thinking in a multivariate world.

Raising taxes on a corporation means they have an expense. Will they eat the expense internally or pass it along to customers.

A tax increase affects everyone sooner or later one way or another. 

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Raising taxes on a corporation means they have an expense. Will they eat the expense internally or pass it along to customers.

Also making the mistake of thinking every corporation is a Fortune 500 company. Most small business are corporations with middle class owners. Raising the corporate tax rate raises taxes for these small businesses as well.

27 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Also making the mistake of thinking every corporation is a Fortune 500 company. Most small business are corporations with middle class owners. Raising the corporate tax rate raises taxes for these small businesses as well.

I would expect the tax increases to be tiered based on the amount of profit reported. Would surprise me to see them going after incremental gains in tax revenue on middle class businesses. Shouldn't the high earners pay their share? Not even going into the whole "redistribution of wealth" argument (which has its own merits), but the top 1% has been gaming the system and not paying their share of taxes for decades. Needs to change, and quickly.

Taxes will need to go up under some administration in our lifetimes - our deficit spending increased under Trump to nearly a trillion dollars in 2019, and that's no way to run a country. The bill for all of the COVID stimulus is going to come due at some point as well.

1 minute ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Taxes will need to go up under some administration in our lifetimes - our deficit spending increased under Trump to nearly a trillion dollars in 2019, and that's no way to run a country. The bill for all of the COVID stimulus is going to come due at some point as well.

Or we could cut spending. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Better question is what happened in June. The answer is days started getting shorter. Less natural sunlight and less human vitamin D natural production.

Better? Look at the data from March to June. Days got longer and data started to look better ... until June and shorter days.

Want to bet come January and days getting longer the data starts looking better again?

45 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Impressive how you went all in on Vitamin D from sunlight being the prime variable in COVID transmission data, and then eight minutes later called me out for single variate thinking in a multivariate world. 

5 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Impressive how you went all in on Vitamin D from sunlight being the prime variable in COVID transmission data, and then eight minutes later called me out for single variate thinking in a multivariate world. 

Did I say it was the only factor? Nope. I didn’t. Actually I mention two potential factors: sunlight and D. 

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did I say it was the only factor? Nope. I didn’t. 

You drew a direct conclusion based on the length of day/amount of sunlight. Oh, wait - you were talking about a new administration actually taking steps to control the virus! I got it now. Glad you’re looking forward to January as much as I am!

You drew a direct conclusion based on the length of day/amount of sunlight. Oh, wait - you were talking about a new administration actually taking steps to control the virus! I got it now. Glad you’re looking forward to January as much as I am!

I drew no conclusion. A conclusion would have included a declaration by me that something will happen.

I asked for wagers meaning it would be something to watch and I could be right or wrong. 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did I say it was the only factor? Nope. I didn’t. Actually I mention two potential factors: sunlight and D. 

Well, if sunlight creates natural vitamin D production (directly correlated), then those are essentially the same variable. 
Wait - do you have a way to get sunlight directly into our bodies? Under our skin? That would be awesome. I know a guy that’s going to be out of a job in a couple months that might help you get that up and running. Don’t front the cash though, he’s a little sketchy. 

Well, if sunlight creates natural vitamin D production (directly correlated), then those are essentially the same variable. 
Wait - do you have a way to get sunlight directly into our bodies? Under our skin? That would be awesome. I know a guy that’s going to be out of a job in a couple months that might help you get that up and running. Don’t front the cash though, he’s a little sketchy. 

Vitamin D3 supplementation seems like a pretty easy solution. 

30 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Pretty easy when the next administration from day 1 will most likely have 2 vaccines approved at their disposal to continue using then throw in approved antibody therapeutics.

The heavy lifting at that point is done. All that is left is taking undue credit.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I pop little D tablets from Swanson Health Products. Support North Dakota companies. 

2 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

Yeah man, I’ve been taking 2000 units or whatever the heck they’re called for years. I think that stuff works for sure and it’s good for plenty of other stuff besides immune support. 

International Units(IU)

seriously, I’d increase that to 5000 as an adult in the northern hemisphere in the winter. 2000 will prevent a deficiency, but 5000 is necessary for optimal levels

27 minutes ago, Kermit's Luck said:

I would expect the tax increases to be tiered based on the amount of profit reported. Would surprise me to see them going after incremental gains in tax revenue on middle class businesses. Shouldn't the high earners pay their share? Not even going into the whole "redistribution of wealth" argument (which has its own merits), but the top 1% has been gaming the system and not paying their share of taxes for decades. Needs to change, and quickly.

Take all of the 1%ers money which will run the government for a week or 2 for all I care.  In the end it doesn't help much but maybe you can sleep better.