SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

25 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Did the study mention how much more likely healthcare workers are to actually be tested than the general public?

Yes......even after accounting for the differences in testing frequency between  the two groups.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Maybe all those healthcare workers should start wearing masks.

Word is masks protect those around the mask-wearers, not the mask-wearers themselves.  Tough to put masks on some patients.

22 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Word is masks protect those around the mask-wearers, not the mask-wearers themselves.  Tough to put masks on some patients.

I'm guessing there's a little higher threshold for what passes as a mask in a hospital vs what passes for a mask at Menards.  Also the providers in hospitals know the right way to take it off...to sanitize their hands properly...etc and they are still getting it.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bison06 said:

If masks and social distancing work and mask use is at an all time high in most states, why are cases spiking everywhere?

A true health care professional, one respected within their chosen field, would say that the use of a facemask, social distancing, washing of hands and contact surfaces helps slow down the spread of the virus.  That has been the plan of countries successful in containing it.

Lunatics who are usually Trumptards think otherwise.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

34 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

A true health care professional, one respected within their chosen field, would say that the use of a facemask, social distancing, washing of hands and contact surfaces helps slow down the spread of the virus.  That has been the plan of countries successful in containing it.

Lunatics who are usually Trumptards think otherwise.

Is that an answer to the question I posed or why did you quote me when you decided to rant like a 10 year old?

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Won't the masks being required in Target, Walmart, and on the campuses of UND and NDSU prevent community spread?

If masks work, why release the prisoners? Why not give them masks?

oh yeah... to make room to incarcerate the non-mask-wearers

• Upvote 2

Just now, Hayduke1 said:

It's pretty much the truth.

Sorry if it hurt you feelings.

Not one word in your repeating, rambling soliloquy did anything to answer the question I posed. I didn’t give my opinion, I simply asked a question that you have yet to answer.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bison06 said:

Not one word in your repeating, rambling soliloquy did anything to answer the question I posed. I didn’t give my opinion, I simply asked a question that you have yet to answer.

I did.

I guess it's beyond you. 

Not my problem.

You can't make this up.

BLM Sues City Of Seattle, Claims They Must Purchase Expensive Protective Gear To Exercise First Amendment Rights

Five protesters who say they’ve taken part in several Black Lives Matter demonstrations in Seattle are suing the city, claiming that the Seattle Police Department’s aggressive crowd control measures have forced them to purchase expensive protective gear, essentially “pricing” them out of exercising their First Amendment rights.

The suit, filed Monday, is the latest in a series of lawsuits directed at Seattle city government and Seattle Police Department over how law enforcement officials handle BLM and other associated demonstrations. The ACLU of Washington filed suit in early June alleging that Seattle police exceeded their authority when they used tear gas, flashbang grenades, and rubber bullets to handle ongoing protests that, at the time, were threatening to become riots.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I did.

I guess it's beyond you. 

Not my problem.

You said all of the precautions have slowed the growth, cases literally have gone higher and at a faster rate since masking has gone into place. Your answer isn’t an answer.

• Upvote 2

You people are on a different planet.  

Even though mask usage is up, it’s no secret that most outbreaks can be traced to stupidity; i.e people not adhering to safety protocol.   Is there any wonder why even Republican states are mandating masks now, as are 160 other nations around the world?  

Those brilliant southern states opened up with little mask usage regulations or social distancing requirements. Only when (surprise, surprise) Covid got out of control did those mental midgets reverse policy.  

Is mask usage (in addition to to social distancing, washing hands) a solution? Not even close.  However, when all these preventive measures are implemented together, it does reduce one's chances of contracting Covid.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Even though mask usage is up, it’s no secret that most outbreaks can be traced to stupidity; i.e people not adhering to safety protocol.   Is there any wonder why even Republican states are mandating masks now, as are 160 other nations around the world?  

Those brilliant southern states opened up with little mask usage regulations or social distancing requirements. Only when (surprise, surprise) Covid got out of control did those mental midgets reverse policy.  

Is mask usage (in addition to to social distancing, washing hands) a solution? Not even close.  However, when all these preventive measures are implemented together, it does reduce one's chances of contracting Covid.  

I can agree that I feel like I’m on a different planet than you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It seems to me that the more we learn about this virus, the more the original comments from epidemiologists and state leaders were spot on.

"We can't control the virus, it's going to run it's course"

Social distancing, masking, anything else that's been proposed has simply kicked the can down the road as it pertains to herd immunity.

Protect and isolate the vulnerable, the rest of us need to get back to life and increase the immunity among our population.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

A nicer way of saying they are clueless Trumptards.

Lol

• Downvote 3