SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

50 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

It seems to me that the more we learn about this virus, the more the original comments from epidemiologists and state leaders were spot on.

"We can't control the virus, it's going to run it's course"

Social distancing, masking, anything else that's been proposed has simply kicked the can down the road as it pertains to herd immunity.

Protect and isolate the vulnerable, the rest of us need to get back to life and increase the immunity among our population.

This.  Wasn't it science?  We should trust the scientists, right?  If the same amount of people are going to get the virus no matter what, we should open everything up until hospitals are nearly full and get this thing over with.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

This.  Wasn't it science?  We should trust the scientists, right?  If the same amount of people are going to get the virus no matter what, we should open everything up until hospitals are nearly full and get this thing over with.

Brilliant idea. The faster everyone catches this thing the quicker and less painful all the deaths will be. It’s not like you can get it twice right?

Also to note, I’ve read that 10-20% of those infected end up with an enlarged heart. Further studies need to be done on this condition and we need to hurry up and get a large sampling of previously infected so we can understand  further. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Brilliant idea. The faster everyone catches this thing the quicker and less painful all the deaths will be. It’s not like you can get it twice right?

Also to note, I’ve read that 10-20% of those infected end up with an enlarged heart. Further studies need to be done on this condition and we need to hurry up and get a large sampling of previously infected so we can understand  further. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/symptoms.htm

Influenza also has serious long term complications at times, this is nothing new like the media would have you believe.

So tell us all again, what's changed? Viruses are deadly and awful with long term complications, they always have been. Why did we respond so differently to this one?

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/symptoms.htm

Influenza also has serious long term complications at times, this is nothing new like the media would have you believe.

So tell us all again, what's changed? Viruses are deadly and awful with long term complications, they always have been. Why did we respond so differently to this one?

Because it has killed almost 160,000 Americans in about 4 months?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Because it has killed almost 160,000 Americans in about 4 months?

Has it actually though? Until they distinguish between people that die with covid and people who die because of covid, I'll reserve judgement on the actual statistics.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Has it actually though? Until they distinguish between people that die with covid and people who die because of covid, I'll reserve judgement on the actual statistics.

Or, don't you mean you'll reserve judgement until you have a chance to see what the right wing interpretation is of those statistics?

Because the statistics are clear.  If you choose to look at them.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

You people are on a different planet.  

Even though mask usage is up, it’s no secret that most outbreaks can be traced to stupidity; i.e people not adhering to safety protocol.   Is there any wonder why even Republican states are mandating masks now, as are 160 other nations around the world?  

Those brilliant southern states opened up with little mask usage regulations or social distancing requirements. Only when (surprise, surprise) Covid got out of control did those mental midgets reverse policy.  

Is mask usage (in addition to to social distancing, washing hands) a solution? Not even close.  However, when all these preventive measures are implemented together, it does reduce one's chances of contracting Covid.  

Here is a question does getting Covid a bad thing?  If everyone gets it who cares?

1 minute ago, Hayduke1 said:

Or, don't you mean you'll reserve judgement until you have a chance to see what the right wing interpretation is of those statistics?

Because the statistics are clear.  If you choose to look at them.  

They are just as clear as how flu deaths have been counted. 

3 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Yup.

They just regurgitate all the garbage they hear on right wing media.  For the glorification of the orange dipsh$t.  

They'll claim they don't.  Because that is how a cult operates. 

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Yup.

They just regurgitate all the garbage they hear on right wing media.  For the glorification of the orange dipsh$t.  

They'll claim they don't.  Because that is how a cult operates. 

Lol have you always had a mental defect or is this something Trump did to you? I just can't imagine an adult living their life like this.

• Upvote 3

Fauci juat said in an interview he'd be satisfied  with a vaccine that provides 50% efficacy. Obviously he is hopeful for a higher efficacy rate.

I will use big simple numbers for the slow kids in class today.  330M population.  40%-ish will get vaccine right away based on latest polls. Of that 40%-ish vaccinated only half will the vaccine possibly protect per Fauci. Do the math........we have wrecked this country in almost every way for the potential end game to still have possibly 250-260M at risk after the vaccine comes out........or roughly 75% of the population.

13 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Lol have you always had a mental defect or is this something Trump did to you? I just can't imagine an adult living their life like this.

Really?

I can't imagine a Trump supporter having enough intelligence and/or character to own up to the truth of his entire life, including his presidency and the current pandemic.

They never disappoint. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fauci juat said in an interview he'd be satisfied  with a vaccine that provides 50% efficacy. Obviously he is hopeful for a higher efficacy rate.

I will use big simple numbers for the slow kids in class today.  330M population.  40%-ish will get vaccine right away based on latest polls. Of that 40%-ish vaccinated only half will the vaccine possibly protect per Fauci. Do the math........we have wrecked this country in almost every way for the potential end game to still have possibly 250-260M at risk after the vaccine comes out. 

Thanks.

I'll have to ask a health care professional about this.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Thanks.

I'll have to ask a health care professional about this.

With your mental instability I'm sure your options are plenty.......or just call your 4th grade math teacher. He/she could explain it to you.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

With your mental instability I'm sure your options are plenty.......or just call your 4th grade math teacher. He/she could explain it to you.

I'm sure a 4th grade math teacher would understand the statistics of Covid 19 much better than the sewing circle.

Well, at least that teacher wouldn't deny the truth. 

But, I will run that info by a health care professional also. Because, they would know.  Because it is their job. 

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

It seems to me that the more we learn about this virus, the more the original comments from epidemiologists and state leaders were spot on.

"We can't control the virus, it's going to run it's course"

Isn't that the only way we get herd immunity? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I'm sure a 4th grade math teacher would understand the statistics of Covid 19 much better than the sewing circle.

Well, at least that teacher wouldn't deny the truth. 

But, I will run that info by a health care professional also. Because, they would know.  Because it is their job. 

I had a teacher in the 10th grade try convincing our class that 100% of Germans died in WW2 and 90% of Poles died and 100% denied it when I told her she was wrong.

Teachers aren't known for understanding stats lol.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

The list of unknowns with this virus is as long as my arm including the concern you listed with long term complications. What makes you so certain that the testing that was thrown together haphazardly doesn't have a false positive or false negative rate that makes it somewhat unreliable. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a test wasn't as reliable as was initially thought and the test needed to be developed and refined.

We have a 60 year history with influenza and understand it so well, comparing how easily we identify flu deaths to coronavirus is foolish.

14 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I had a teacher in the 10th grade try convincing our class that 100% of Germans died in WW2 and 90% of Poles died and 100% denied it when I told her she was wrong.

Teachers aren't known for understanding stats lol.

Not my fault you went to a s#$t school.

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Haydouche1 will ask his pediatrician  at his 12 year old well check next week. 

My, sensitive arent you?

Although, I am not in need of a pediatrician, I am certain that only health care professionals are allowed access to that information. 

I only trust information about health care and pandemics from true health care professionals.

39 minutes ago, Goon said:

I like this guy's game. 

Northeast "stares"?

Well, either way, it is horse s$%t.

Cases per 100,000 on population.  Wow.  Lots of sunbelt states in the top tier.  7 on the top 10.  NYC is still the worst, but those sunbelt states are catching up fast.

Screenshot_20200805-165534_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 1