SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

16 hours ago, Goon said:

Nope he spits out poll focused leftwing talking points like the liberal bots on Twitter. 

Says someone who continuously posts content from this guy: 

Andy Ngo, the right-wing journalist who was embraced by mainstream republicans may suddenly be persona non grata among conservatives. Nearly all mentions of Ngo were scrubbed from the upscale right-wing publication Quillette after a newly-released video showed him acting friendly with members of Patriot Prayer, a far-right hate group. 
https://www.salon.com/2019/08/28/right-wing-journalist-andy-ngo-outed-video-shows-him-hanging-out-with-far-right-hate-group/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Bison06 said:

This is where my friends in the left lose all credibility in my eyes. People not wearing masks are violent? That’s half a step away from the extreme left wing view that words can be violent and can constitute assault.

The left is very adept at what you’ve just done in the above paragraphs and I find it to be a serious threat to our country moving forward. You’ve taken a difference of opinion and turned it into a conversation of violence, which is a word that has meaning as violence can be met with equal violence. So now someone doesn’t wear a mask and it’s ok to be violent against them “in retaliation”.

Its a dangerous game you’re playing with that word play.

I never said it’s ok to be violent against someone not wearing a mask, you are putting words into my mouth.

go back and find those praising violence on siouxsports. You will find the gun violence, water cannons, and beat the antifa posts from a group of posters not on the left side.

meanwhile we have the anti mask rhetoric. While not violent, these behaviors have been far more deadly to Americans than this massive problem we have on our hands with antifa.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

I never said it’s ok to be violent against someone not wearing a mask, you are putting words into my mouth.

go back and find those praising violence on siouxsports. You will find the gun violence, water cannons, and beat the antifa posts from a group of posters not on the left side.

meanwhile we have the anti mask rhetoric. While not violent, these behaviors have been far more deadly to Americans than this massive problem we have on our hands with antifa.

The word violence has meaning, you can’t change it for your own purposes.

The connotation of violence allows for the victim of the violence to defend themself. This is why you see people attacking others who have either done something that offends them or said something that offends them. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/woman-enraged-at-man-not-wearing-mask-at-outdoor-cafe-allegedly-throws-coffee-in-his-face

6 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Says someone who continuously posts content from this guy: 

Andy Ngo, the right-wing journalist who was embraced by mainstream republicans may suddenly be persona non grata among conservatives. Nearly all mentions of Ngo were scrubbed from the upscale right-wing publication Quillette after a newly-released video showed him acting friendly with members of Patriot Prayer, a far-right hate group. 
https://www.salon.com/2019/08/28/right-wing-journalist-andy-ngo-outed-video-shows-him-hanging-out-with-far-right-hate-group/

Not a defense of Andy Ngo, as I don’t know the specifics here, but isn’t it a journalists job to interview people, which at times means spending a bit of time with them, even if those people are dispicible?

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The word violence has meaning, you can’t change it for your own purposes.

The connotation of violence allows for the victim of the violence to defend themself. This is why you see people attacking others who have either done something that offends them or said something that offends them. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/woman-enraged-at-man-not-wearing-mask-at-outdoor-cafe-allegedly-throws-coffee-in-his-face

This is a story of a couple idiots fighting eachother, No one here will defend either side. 

could this have been prevented if our country had some real leadership and provided guidance on mask wearing? We’ll never know.

meanwhile trump continues to fail and deflect.

• Upvote 1

This is a story of a couple idiots fighting eachother, No one here will defend either side. 

could this have been prevented if our country had some real leadership and provided guidance on mask wearing? We’ll never know.

meanwhile trump continues to fail and deflect.

So someone throws hot coffee on someone and they retaliate(righteously if you ask me) and you say they are a couple of idiots? I’ll defend this guy all day, you can’t throw hot coffee on someone(actual violence) and not expect retribution.
This is America in 2020 though, people(not you) defending the gals right to attack him because he didn’t wear a mask.

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

So someone throws hot coffee on someone and they retaliate(righteously if you ask me) and you say they are a couple of idiots? I’ll defend this guy all day, you can’t throw hot coffee on someone(actual violence) and not expect retribution.
This is America in 2020 though, people(not you) defending the gals right to attack him because he didn’t wear a mask.

Tragic story I know.

Here’s a story of an essential worker who had asked to work from home multiple times But was denied and wasn’t provided ppe by her employer. Fortunately no coffee on her face but she ended up dead....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxbaltimore.com/amp/news/coronavirus/denied-permission-to-work-from-home-md-public-health-worker-dies-after-covid-hits-office

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Here’s a story of an essential worker who had asked to work from home multiple times But was denied and wasn’t provided ppe by her employer. Fortunately no coffee on her face but she ended up dead....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxbaltimore.com/amp/news/coronavirus/denied-permission-to-work-from-home-md-public-health-worker-dies-after-covid-hits-office

....and?  What's your point as it pertain to the real world?

Tragic story I know.

What’s the parallel here? Does a person’s death, that in no way relates to the the coffee interaction, justify an a-hole throwing coffee in someone’s face? 

16 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Not a defense of Andy Ngo, as I don’t know the specifics here, but isn’t it a journalists job to interview people, which at times means spending a bit of time with them, even if those people are dispicible?

You would be correct If he did, in fact, interview people.  But he didn't.  Video that surfaced as part of a lawsuit clearly shows as such.  He hung around this particular hate group, laughing, while they planned an assault on antifa members.  
He then filmed the attack, and edited the footage to appear like Antifa were the instigators.  

it’s why he’s pretty much been dropped by respectable right wing outlets.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

You would be correct If he did, in fact, interview people.  But he didn't.  Video that surfaced as part of a lawsuit clearly shows as such.  He hung around this particular hate group, laughing, while they planned an assault on antifa members.  
He then filmed the attack, and edited the footage to appear like Antifa were the instigators.  

it’s why he’s pretty much been dropped by respectable right wing outlets.  

If that’s true then his reputation should be in question.

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What’s the parallel here? Does a person’s death, that in no way relates to the the coffee interaction, justify an a-hole throwing coffee in someone’s face? 

Both stories are a result of the pandemic are they not? One thankfully stopped after some words exchanged and a coffee in the face. The other one ended someone dying from covid.

you wont see me defending either side of your coffee story, more than likely both sides were on the wrong.

and where are these posts you speak of here from the left side praising violence? I’ve mentioned a few from the right.....just don’t have the time to search for them to quote.

Both stories are a result of the pandemic are they not? One thankfully stopped after some words exchanged and a coffee in the face. The other one ended someone dying from covid.

you wont see me defending either side of your coffee story, more than likely both sides were on the wrong.

and where are these posts you speak of here from the left side praising violence? I’ve mentioned a few from the right.....just don’t have the time to search for them to quote.

Hay duke has been praising and laughing at Antifa violence for weeks.

• Upvote 2

ND boy's HS soccer started up yesterday. First HS sport to get going in ND.

As far as the MSHSL making an announcement today I'm putting my money on them pushing back the start of the fall season back and shortening games/matches by 30%. This will allow them to get enough "science and statistics" by mid September to fit their narrative to cancel fall sports all together.

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Hay duke has been praising and laughing at Antifa violence for weeks.

I don’t recall him praising violence.

i do recall a member here identifying as law enforcement and also praising Andy NGO’s video promoting violence against the supposed antifa though. 

21 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

How are both sides wrong in the coffee issue? 

23 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

I don’t recall him praising violence.

i do recall a member here identifying as law enforcement and also praising Andy NGO’s video promoting violence against the supposed antifa though. 

One identifies as law enforcement and gets an absolute thrill describing actions using guns and water cannons against people.

Another identified as a health care "professional" and doubts the safe practices of that industry to save lives. 

Yet another brags about wealth and fortune and seems to be in some kind of fantasy world or maybe runs a ponzi or pyramid scheme.

Others see commies everywhere.

Oh, this sewing circle is freakin' hilarious and deluded all at the same time. 

Lol

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How are both sides wrong in the coffee issue? 

From the sounds of the article one guy wasn’t wearing a mask, the chick said something to him, and he responded with something else, which escalated to coffee being thrown. I wasn’t there and didn’t witness so can’t say for sure how things went down. I also wouldn’t be in that situation myself as I wouldn’t say something to the non mask wearer, and I also wouldn’t be the non mask wearer. If for some reason my mask was down to take a drink of coffee and this lady walked by talking some garbage I think most of us would have just ignored her.

From the sounds of the article one guy wasn’t wearing a mask, the chick said something to him, and he responded with something else, which escalated to coffee being thrown. I wasn’t there and didn’t witness so can’t say for sure how things went down. I also wouldn’t be in that situation myself as I wouldn’t say something to the non mask wearer, and I also wouldn’t be the non mask wearer. If for some reason my mask was down to take a drink of coffee and this lady walked by talking some garbage I think most of us would have just ignored her.

Fine, most of us wouldn’t find ourselves in this situation. But once the coffee is thrown in his face all bets are off if you ask me. I believe she was arrested as she should have been. 

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Fine, most of us wouldn’t find ourselves in this situation. But once the coffee is thrown in his face all bets are off if you ask me. I believe she was arrested as she should have been. 

Or...

Maybe she got hit with a water cannon.  

Ir better yet, shot in the leg!

I'll bet she was a commie.

Wouldn't that give the sewing circle a thrill? 

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Or...

Maybe she got hit with a water cannon.  

Ir better yet, shot in the leg!

I'll bet she was a commie.

Wouldn't that give the sewing circle a thrill? 

Right on time and on message to show up and defend the person who instigated physical violence.

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2020 at 7:35 AM, Hayduke1 said:

Faux News is at it again.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/08/fox-news-tied-a-portland-shooting-to-protests-in-fact-it-happened-miles-away.html

Fox News tied a Portland shooting to protests. In fact, it happened miles away

Here’s a hilarious story about FOX News......

I lived in Madison WI during those protests against Gov. Walker’s union busting in 2011. The Protests were huge, but very peaceful.   As expected FOX needed to portray it as a “violent liberal protest’’, so they used doctored footage in their broadcast.   But they got caught.  Those imbeciles used footage of a scuffle at some other protest, however palm trees were clearly visible in the background.  Haha!    

Stephen Colbert was the first person to catch it.  It’s still on youtube.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I lived in Madison WI during those protests against Gov. Walker’s union busting in 2011. Protests were huge but very peaceful.   As expected FOX needed to portray it as a “violent liberal protest’’, so they used doctored footage in their broadcast.   But they got caught.  Those imbeciles used footage of a scuffle at some other protest, however palm trees were clearly visible in the background.  Haha!    

Awful to doctor footage and push an untrue narrative. It’s disgusting.

Don’t fool yourself into thinking foxnews is the only one doing this.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

I lived in Madison WI during those protests against Gov. Walker’s union busting in 2011. The Protests were huge, but very peaceful.   As expected FOX needed to portray it as a “violent liberal protest’’, so they used doctored footage in their broadcast.   But they got caught.  Those imbeciles used footage of a scuffle at some other protest, however palm trees were clearly visible in the background.  Haha!    

I have been told that Fox invented this technique.