SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

43 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Who lost their health insurance when the ACA was enacted? And of those why were they not able to get a plan through the ACA? And how can you blame the ACA specifically for doubling or tripling rates? Remember rates were on the rise before the ACA was enacted. 

I''m a partner in a small business.  We pay for the insurance of our 15 or so employees and their families.  The middle/upper-middle class folks that earn between 60K-300k got hosed.  Below that you get subsidized.  Above that and the monthly cost is palatable relative to the income level.  Sucks to be the guy earning 80k-120k who has to pay $1200/month for crappy insurance.  Even more so for the boss that is paying that for all his employees.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Also, aliens have put a probe in your butt and have control of your computer keyboard.  

https://www.kff.org/uninsured/issue-brief/key-facts-about-the-uninsured-population/

The reality is that after ACA was enacted, uninsured Americans decreased.  When Trump took over, it went up.

"The number of uninsured nonelderly Americans decreased from over 46.5 million in 2010 (the year the ACA was enacted) to just below 27 million in 2016. However, for the second year in a row, the number of uninsured people increased from 2017 to 2018 by nearly 500,000 people." 

Have you ever thought it is because it is unaffordable for the middle class?   Maybe people are making a choice not to pay for it because it’s expensive for both the businesses and the employees.  If I was in my 20’s-40’s with no kids Id consider not paying for it either   Does your article break it down by age group? 

It’s not because of what Trump has done no matter how much you wish it true.  It was set in motion before he got there.  I’ve said it before, prices for the meds my family needs have actually finally come down since ACA was put in place.  People paying these notice it.  Talk to any diabetic person or family.  

2 minutes ago, homer said:

Have you ever thought it is because it is unaffordable for the middle class?   Maybe people are making a choice not to pay for it because it’s expensive for both the businesses and the employees.  If I was in my 20’s-40’s with no kids Id consider not paying for it either   Does your article break it down by age group? 

It’s not because of what Trump has done no matter how much you wish it true.  It was set in motion before he got there.  I’ve said it before, prices for the meds my family needs have actually finally come down since ACA was put in place.  People paying these notice it.  Talk to any diabetic person or family.  

Trump had the ACA's health insurance mandate axed. You don't think this caused the uninsured count to rise?

20 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

I''m a partner in a small business.  We pay for the insurance of our 15 or so employees and their families.  The middle/upper-middle class folks that earn between 60K-300k got hosed.  Below that you get subsidized.  Above that and the monthly cost is palatable relative to the income level.  Sucks to be the guy earning 80k-120k who has to pay $1200/month for crappy insurance.  Even more so for the boss that is paying that for all his employees.

Healthcare is expensive and that's wonderful that you pay the cost of insurance for your employees and their families. So if Trump is successful in eliminating the ACA, where will they get their health insurance from?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Who lost their health insurance when the ACA was enacted? And of those why were they not able to get a plan through the ACA? And how can you blame the ACA specifically for doubling or tripling rates? Remember rates were on the rise before the ACA was enacted. 

Millions lost the insurance that they crafted for what they wanted and for what they could afford because their insurance didnt meet the ACA guidlines.

. Millions lost insurance when companies found out it was cheaper to pay the penalty than the ACA premiums.

Your comment on rising premiums is nothing more than deflection and trying to justify the ACA, premiums..

When my wife was getting close to retirement we wanted the same coverage she was getting at the hospital. WE were quoted 391.00 a month for her alone.  She retired 6 months later after the ACA was enacted. The premium was now 864.00 . Cobra which nobody takes because it is so cost prohibitive  was 600+. Crazy huh.  So we did the COBRA thing for 18 months until that expired.  Premium was now 900+ . Two years later its 1,200.00. The next year BC/BS dropped everyone in the state.

7 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Trump had the ACA's health insurance mandate axed. You don't think this caused the uninsured count to rise?

Agreed.  That elimination allowed people to choose whether to insure themselves or not.  In a quasi-free market, more people are choosing not to spend money on insurance that doesn't cover as much as it used to even though it is much more expensive.  I don't think Trump is awful for restoring that choice, but looking at the raw data, there are more uninsured Americans now.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Yes, because they chose not to pay the prices required to have insurance that doesn’t cover as much.  Carrying insurance or paying a tax not to have it never should have been a requirement, it’s a choice.  

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

Heres the trick on the supposed great ACA insurance. For most of the population that received subsidies they couldnt really afford to use the insurance. How the hell can a family who has a silver policy needing subsidies to pay their premiums be able to pay deductibles of 5-10k???????  THats right they cant. The ACA was a scam constructed to be so unworkable that it would eventually lead to a single payer system.  Then the American taxpayer got hosed further when it was reveled that Oscama had guaranteed the companies that participated  in this ideology boondoggle that they wouldnt lose any money.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Healthcare is expensive and that's wonderful that you pay the cost of insurance for your employees and their families. So if Trump is successful in eliminating the ACA, where will they get their health insurance from?

JUst like they did before in a free market.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Presumable we'd continue with BCBS as we always have.  The private policy options changed with the implementing of the ACA.   We considered dropping coverage for some of the lower paid individuals and paying them the equivalent of the discount rate they could potentially get through the ACA marketplace.   It's a mess, but it is not questionable that the middle class is getting screwed by having to pay higher premiums, or having a lower income because their employer is paying a higher cost for their benefits.

If someone is being subsidized, someone is paying for it.  Whether that trade off of hurting the middle class is worth it is a valid debate.

27 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

So?????? Why are you forcing people to buy a product they may not want?   Plus why should I have to pay for somebody elses premiums?

Heath insurance does not equate to  healthcare.

13 minutes ago, homer said:

Yes, because they chose not to pay the prices required to have insurance that doesn’t cover as much.  Carrying insurance or paying a tax not to have it never should have been a requirement, it’s a choice.  

Thay had to FORCE people to make it feasible. Big red flag.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bison73 said:

So?????? Why are you forcing people to buy a product they may not want?   Plus why should I have to pay for somebody elses premiums?

Heath insurance does not equate to  healthcare.

You don’t want health insurance? So maybe you can just pay the hospital out of pocket when you go since they can’t legally deny you service? How about the next guy that decides not to pay the hospital? Is the hospital just supposed to eat that as a loss?

I understand health insurance is not healthcare. It’s how we pay for healthcare.

You cannot generically refer to ACA as good or bad.  It is complicated legislation with good and bad components. Certain elements were more important in different States too.  Actuarially you need the mandate in order to keep costs somewhat contained.  If all the young, healthy, invincible non-utilizers opted out of the pool, premiums would be even higher than they already are.  All the minimum benefits, etc also increased the premium.  

insurer admin expense and margin is capped via the MLR requirement.  The increased costs aren’t going to insurers as profit.

What's the end game if the percentage of those willing to get the vaccine when available continues  to drop? 2 recent polls show new lows of just north of 40% will get vaccine when available. More Fauci lockdowns???

14 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Says someone who continuously posts content from this guy: 

Andy Ngo, the right-wing journalist who was embraced by mainstream republicans may suddenly be persona non grata among conservatives. Nearly all mentions of Ngo were scrubbed from the upscale right-wing publication Quillette after a newly-released video showed him acting friendly with members of Patriot Prayer, a far-right hate group. 
https://www.salon.com/2019/08/28/right-wing-journalist-andy-ngo-outed-video-shows-him-hanging-out-with-far-right-hate-group/

What is the issue you have with Andy Ngo? He's did a great job documenting Antifa Violence for a very long time. Andy has been on the front line covering Antifa. 

8 minutes ago, Goon said:

What is the issue you have with Andy Ngo? He's did a great job documenting Antifa Violence for a very long time. Andy has been on the front line covering Antifa. 

I guess you can't read.

Maybe that's why violence excites you?

Lol

14 hours ago, Bison06 said:

The word violence has meaning, you can’t change it for your own purposes.

The connotation of violence allows for the victim of the violence to defend themself. This is why you see people attacking others who have either done something that offends them or said something that offends them. 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/woman-enraged-at-man-not-wearing-mask-at-outdoor-cafe-allegedly-throws-coffee-in-his-face

In late July, a woman enraged by a young couple enjoying a picnic in a dog park in San Diego while not wearing masks reportedly maced the couple.

Ash O’Brien, her husband Jarrett Kelley and their three-month-old puppy were enjoying the sun in Rhodes Dog Park when a woman in a black face mask targeted the couple with pepper spray, prompting Kelley, who was temporarily blinded, to attempt to grab the canister from the irate woman, who was accompanied by her dog.

This would classify as an assault. 

5 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I guess you can't read.

Maybe that's why violence excites you?

Lol

It sounds like you think Antifa isn't a violent group and or you're condoning the actions of Antifa. Almost cheering them on. You seem excited about them trying to burn down a federal courthouse and attacking federal agents with military grade explosives and blinding them with lasers. I also recall you calling federal agents brown shirts. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Goon said:

It sounds like you think Antifa isn't a violent group and or you're condoning the actions of Antifa. Almost cheering them on. You seem excited about them trying to burn down a federal courthouse and attacking federal agents with military grade explosives and blinding them with lasers. I also recall you calling federal agents brown shirts. 

You still getting a thrill over those Portland incidents?  You know, the ones that calmed down when Trump's unidentified brownshirts left.

You wanted water cannons and gun shots fired at that crowd, didn't you?

Man, that stuff sure excites you.

You probably didn"t mind when George Floyd had a boot on his neck and died.  Pressed down on him by a laughing police officer. 

A police officer fired and now charged with murder.

Those kind of people, the excitable ones, the ones that get a thrill out of violence, don't remain employed as police officers.  They haven't a clue how to protect and serve.  

They are scum.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hayduke1 said:

You still getting a thrill over those Portland incidents?  You know, the ones that calmed down when Trump's unidentified brownshirts left.

You probably didn"t mind when George Floyd had a boot on his neck and died.  Pressed down on him by a laughing police officer. 

Those kind of people, the excitable ones, the ones that get a thrill out of violence, don't remain employed as police officers.  They haven't a clue how to protect and serve.  

They are scum.

Did he have a knee on Floyd's neck (not a boot) because the officer was racist?

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

They are scum.

No we expect protesters to be lawful.  Not law breakers like Antifa and than violence mischaracterized by the media and Dems.

• Upvote 4