SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

I tend to show evidence.

Y'all tend to babble and repeat false narratives.

The sewing circle loves to gossip. Hates the truth.

You must feel shame.

Lol

Wtf is the sewing circle??? You keep disparaging this group it’s like you are jealous they won’t let you in their club.......

it’s funny Trumptards can get you so worked up!

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

You mean the evidence many provided of other news stations making stories up?

It’s pretty scary that social media is now the arbiter of truth who relies on fake news to justify censoring conservative viewpoint. Freedom of speech only applies to the crazy left! Hopefully people will stand up before it is too late!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Yup.  After pressed on the issue.  

That was kind of a rare case though. Even at that, there was a false equivalency.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2015/feb/26/fact-checks-behind-daily-shows-50-fox-news-lies/

Why do you think it's called Faux News?

Lol

I really hope your persona on this board is a bit. I shutter to think that there are people in our country who actually think CNN presents the news without massive spin. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

It’s pretty scary that social media is now the arbiter of truth who relies on fake news to justify censoring conservative viewpoint. Freedom of speech only applies to the crazy left! Hopefully people will stand up before it is too late!

I'm just relieved that children are deemed immune to Covid!

11 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Words have meanings, Trump needs to choose his more carefully. This is a false statement obviously, maybe he meant to say something about the risk of death being nearly zero, but as it stands his statement was false.

8 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

We should close all colleges period.  No face to face as everyone will die, no online as no learning takes place.  Cut all college payroll until a vaccine is found   Don't leave your home unless its to Walmart Target or Menards and for god sake wear that mask while you are driving alone in your car

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Words have meanings, Trump needs to choose his more carefully. This is a false statement obviously, maybe he meant to say something about the risk of death being nearly zero, but as it stands his statement was false.

Yep,  he should probably choose his words more carefully. 

"My view is that schools should be open," Trump said. “If you look at children, children are almostand I would almost say definitely — but almost immune from this disease.”

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Anyone else see a pattern here? 

yet cnn is the root of all fake news.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Anyone with a brain knows what he meant. When you are looking for reasons to “get him” you’ll find them because he is very imprecise with his language, which is a fair criticism.

”Trump said we’d be out of the pandemic by Easter” liar 

“Trump said it would be a v shaped economic recovery” liar

We could go on and on.

His language is wrong, he is used to embellishing things as a salesman and celebrity, comes with the territory. As a president, those things are unacceptable, I agree.

But when you watch his speeches in their entirety, instead of what cnn shows you, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out the intent behind his words.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Funny that you should mention that. 

New Gallup Poll Delivers Devastating Indictment of News Outlets by an Overwhelming Majority of Respondents

The poll noted an increase in the percentage of Americans who see too much bias in ostensibly objective reporting as a “major problem.” According to the poll, 73 percent of Americans share that belief, up from 65 percent in 2017.

Meanwhile, a stunning 84 percent of Americans agree that “the media is to blame for political division in this country,” though the same percentage also believe the media “can serve as a healing force.”

In perhaps the most stunning findings, almost 80 percent of Americans say news organizations they don’t trust are “trying to persuade people to adopt a certain viewpoint” while just 12 percent say media outlets are trying to report “accurately and fairly but are unable to do so.” Nearly three-quarters of those polled (74 percent) are worried that the owners of media companies are “influencing coverage.”

More than half of Americans polled (54 percent) say they believe reporters are “misrepresenting the facts” and another 28 percent believe reporters are “making [facts] up entirely.” More than three-quarters (78 percent) of Americans believe “misinformation” that is shared on social media is “the leading problem with news today.”

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, homer said:

I didn’t see the quote, did he say they are almost immune or did he say they are immune?  

Google search headlines overwhelmingly say he stated they are immune as did the poster above.  

I can't verify those crooks at facebook censored him again.

He was for it, before he was against it. 

WATCH: Jerry Nadler’s 2004 Video Explains Sinister Reason Dems Are Pushing For “Mail-in” Voting Today

Back in 2004, Jerry Nadler was convinced that paper ballots were “extremely susceptible” to FRAUD.

Yet, today, Nadler says they’re perfectly safe.

So, what changed?

Trump.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Yep,  he should probably choose his words more carefully. 

"My view is that schools should be open," Trump said. “If you look at children, children are almostand I would almost say definitely — but almost immune from this disease.”

If he adds immune from " the negative effects" of the disease he's spot on.  His wording wasn't quite right but his message was correct. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine tests positive for coronavirus ahead of Trump visi

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine tested positive for the novel coronavirus on Thursday, hours ahead of President Trump's scheduled arrival to the battleground state. DeWine, a Republican, was tested as part of the protocol required to greet the president.

The governor's office said DeWine has no symptoms and will be returning to the state capital Columbus, where he and his wife, who is also exhibiting no symptoms of the illness, will undergo additional testing. 

The governor says he will quarantine at his home in Cedarville for the next two weeks. 

The state's lieutenant governor also submitted to a virus test Thursday, which came back negative.

38 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Great hockey hair. Looks like the St. Clown game program.

Hey hey hey.... lets keep the Husky cheer team out of this. 

400 pages of class and intellectual discussion, its not the place to disparage those fine Husky women.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

How about some states that don't clean up their voting rolls and now will send out ballots to addresses that people have moved to other states and ballots to dead people.  

They have literally done news stories showing 30-40 extra ballots just laying outside the mailboxes at Apartment Buildings.

How about if we have mail in balloting we have a minimum 5 years in prison for voter fraud/mail fraud and 20 years if it is an organized effort.