SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Good points.  

The GOP will undoubtedly drop their radical nut-cases once Trumpism is over.  They have no other choice.  With the oncoming seismic shift in American demographics, continuing to pander to the 'white workingman's grievances' platform ain't gonna cut it.  Trump's base is rapidly aging while the future of this country lies in our multi-culturalism.  Unless the GOP changes alongside this demographic shift (particularly social policy), they'll be relegated to the C team.  

I do see the GOP transforming into a moderate but fiscally conservative party.  Interestingly, for all the crap conservatives give illegals/immigrants from south of the border, the saving grace for the GOP could be the future Latino vote.  Those cultures are collectively quite right-leaning.  The GOP would be smart to start catering to those demographics rather than thoroughly demonizing them.  

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

What's the end game in your opinion? Serious question. 

So far a confirmed 1.5% of the US population has been infected and we’ve lost 159,000 lives. At this rate we could lose another 10 million if everyone ends up catching it. And this doesn’t even consider long term effects for survivors that we have very little knowledge of. I can tell you my end game would not be to let this thing run its course.

So serious question back at you, what’s your end game?

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Here we go with the don’t like it move to Canada recommendation. 

Any of you Minnesota residents upset with your state’s decisions could always just go to South Dakota, the land of no masks....

https://kfgo.com/2020/08/05/145834/

13 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fauci just said in an interview he'd be satisfied  with a vaccine that provides 50% efficacy. Obviously he is hopeful for a higher efficacy rate.

I will use big simple numbers for the slow kids in class today.  330M population.  40%-ish will get vaccine right away based on latest polls. Of that 40%-ish vaccinated only half will the vaccine possibly protect per Fauci. Do the math........we have wrecked this country in almost every way for the potential end game to still have possibly 250-260M at risk after the vaccine comes out........or roughly 75% of the population.

36 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

So far 1.5% of the US population has been infected and we’ve lost 159,000 lives. At this rate we could lose another 10 million if everyone ends up catching it. And this doesn’t even consider long term effects for survivors that we have very little knowledge of. I can tell you my end game would not be to let this thing run its course.

So serious question back at you, what’s your end game?

Well if the possibility is still having 75% of the population at risk after a vaccine  comes out that's obviously not going to be the end game for the "experts". The goalposts will get moved again if that happens. A vaccine won't be the end game for our wise "leaders" either. I guess masks forever? They are proven to work...right? Lockdowns? Shutting off water and utilities to those who don't comply with gathering "laws"? No more face to face schooling. No sports/athletics of any kind. No gardening or home improvement  projects. No in person church services. All gyms will be closed for good. Protesting and riots will still be ok though......as will weekend gun violence  and homocides.

10M deaths? Goodness. Are you a distant cousin to Walz? Hopefully  Hugo's can deliver groceries to your home so you and your family  never have to leave the house again.

To answer your question.....once a vaccine come out, regardless of its efficacy, that has to be the end game. Normalcy has to resume at that point. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Gallup polls yesterday.......81% of blacks favor police presence in their neighborhoods at current or increased levels.

Yes.  This is what people need to remember.  For every person (including black people) that rioted in downtown Minneapolis......there were thousands that stayed at home because they've carved out a decent little life and they didn't want to do something stupid.  For every protestor you saw nightly in Portland, there were thousands of people that stayed at home because they had to work the next day.  The media desperately wants you to believe that if you aren't all on board with these extreme left movements that you are the only one in America that doesn't get it.  Don't fall for it, the vast majority of Americans don't want homeless people in their backyards shooting up heroin.....they want an adequate police presence.....and they don't want a 6'2" 250lb guy that identifies as a female alien piling into the same bathroom as their wife and daughters use.  

Will the silent majority be enough to elect Trump to a 2nd term?  Maybe, maybe not....however the silent majority is out there.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Well of course.   Voting manipulation has always occurred; but it’s been limited to gerrymandering, etc, in recent years. 

However when you start limiting people's access to cast a vote (while not limiting others) you're screwing with everything this country stands for.    

Unfortunately this country has become so numb to the lunacy in the WH it's just another day at the office.  "Meh, it’s just Trump being Trump..”   ****ing disgraceful.    

But whatever, I guess it’s better than the Antifa Army that's gonna invade every city if Biden is elected.:silly:   

Thoughts on Ballot Harvesting

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

It's mind-blowing.  The blatant disregard for democracy is astounding.    "Let's ban Vote By Mail because it's corrupt....errr well except for Florida.  In Florida it's safe and secure!!!"

Words fail me.      

Comprehension seems to fail you as well.

I know the mainstream media has tried to cloud the issue as much as possible so that the idiots fail to see the difference between requesting an absentee ballot and just sending out ballots like they are an oil change coupon.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Comprehension seems to fail you as well.

I know the mainstream media has tried to cloud the issue as much as possible so that the idiots fail to see the difference between requesting an absentee ballot and just sending out ballots like they are an oil change coupon.

I see. 

But, you have not a shred of evidence to back up that statement.

You just make stuff up.  Just like Trump. 

You fit right in with the sewing Circle. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I see. 

But, you have not a shred of evidence to back up that statement.

You just make stuff up.  Just like Trump. 

You fit right in with the sewing Circle. 

How about some states that don't clean up their voting rolls and now will send out ballots to addresses that people have moved to other states and ballots to dead people.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bison Dan said:

How about some states that don't clean up their voting rolls and now will send out ballots to addresses that people have moved to other states and ballots to dead people.  

dont worry, hayduke will claim you are making that up, as well

7 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Good points.  

The GOP will undoubtedly drop their radical nut-cases once Trumpism is over.  They have no other choice.  With the oncoming seismic shift in American demographics, continuing to pander to the 'white workingman's grievances' platform ain't gonna cut it.  Trump's base is rapidly aging while the future of this country lies in our multi-culturalism.  Unless the GOP changes alongside this demographic shift (particularly social policy), they'll be relegated to the C team.  

I do see the GOP transforming into a moderate but fiscally conservative party.  Interestingly, for all the crap conservatives give illegals/immigrants from south of the border, the saving grace for the GOP could be the future Latino vote.  Those cultures are collectively quite right-leaning.  The GOP would be smart to start catering to those demographics rather than thoroughly demonizing them.  

Takeaduke1 liked this

11 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

They have been trying to stay in power from a minority position for years.  Lies and hyperbole only goes so far.  Its catching up to them.

They will always exist, but more and more on the fringe.  If the GOP is lucky, they will be able to rebuild as a true moderate but fiscally conservative party.  Get rid of the extremist nut jobs that have hijacked the party and allowed Trump his short lived accidental political "career". 

If they keep going this direction, their base will erode and they will be lucky to carry the numbers the Green Party has.  I could see the Democratic Party become more like the old Republucan Party and a new Progressive Party forming taking on leaders like Bernie Sanders and AOC. 

Let's face it, both the Republican Party and the Democratic Party are at a crossroads.  The Democrats are focused now on the goal of ousting Trump and his enablers in Congress.  After this election, that focus could be lost.  Democrats are good at that.  Lol 

8 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Good points.  

There were articles in 2008 about how the GOP was dead and the country better get used to that. Then over the next 4-6 years Dems lost 1000 seats across state and federal offices...and it wasn't to the Green Party lol.

Parties shift all the time. Does the GOP need to? Sure. But that's no different than any other party. 

Hell with many prominent Dems on a "defend police" kick, I think your party might need to take a long look in the mirror too. 

EDIT: And yes, I agree the GOP should be working harder to make inroads with the Latinos generally speaking. I think it'll happen over the next few house cycles.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

He is.

Where is the evidence?

Trumptards have no credibility.  Just like their fuhrer.

Everything you don’t agree with seems to be made up. Just like two days ago when you said Fox News is the only news that makes up stories for their narrative.

You have zero credibility yourself there pal.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Everything you don’t agree with seems to be made up. Just like two days ago when you said Fox News is the only news that makes up stories for their narrative.

You have zero credibility yourself there pal.

I tend to show evidence.

Y'all tend to babble and repeat false narratives.

The sewing circle loves to gossip. Hates the truth.

You must feel shame.

Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I tend to show evidence.

Y'all tend to babble and repeat false narratives.

The sewing circle loves to gossip. Hates the truth.

You must feel shame.

Lol

You mean the evidence many provided of other news stations making stories up?

17 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You mean the evidence many provided of other news stations making stories up?

Yup.  After pressed on the issue.  

That was kind of a rare case though. Even at that, there was a false equivalency.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2015/feb/26/fact-checks-behind-daily-shows-50-fox-news-lies/

Why do you think it's called Faux News?

Lol

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

He is.

Where is the evidence?

Trumptards have no credibility.  Just like their fuhrer.

Can you refrain from the name calling and act like a human being? You can argue a point without calling right-leaning people Trumptards. Not all right-leaning people are fans of the president. 

I believe that one of the moderators (I believe it was SICA) also mentioned this. I mean @UNDlaw80 can argue a point without name calling. It's actually fun having a discussion with him. 

4 minutes ago, Goon said:

Can you refrain from the name calling and act like a human being? You can argue a point without calling right-leaning people Trumptards. Not all right-leaning people are fans of the president. 

I believe that one of the moderators (I believe it was SICA) also mentioned this. I mean @UNDlaw80 can argue a point without name calling. It's actually fun having a discussion with him. 

Really?  From you?

That's a joke. 

Lol. 

• Downvote 5