SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Besides the election less than 100 days away, what’s the end game? I’ll ask the same thing I asked at the start of July. What’s gonna be different today then the end of August? 

Kudos to the saints to get some fans back in the stadium too. Golf claps. 

In addition, mask usage has been at an all-time high and evidently (according to the experts) positive cases are going up. Ok. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

They aren't either.  

The difference?  They know what they are talking about.

"Goggles....proven to work".

In other news Fauci recommends wearing a packing bubble wrap suit to protect oneself from the Murder Hornets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Reducing funding isn't the same as defunding.  

All right, let's play this "word" game. So, we're going to cut your take home paycheck by 25%.. Wouldn't you agree we've taken  money away from you. Hence, we've defunded some of your paycheck? No? I'll hang up and listen to you twist yourself in knots. :) So, if you take money away from the police (1 billion dollars away from the NYPD) you're defunding them. 

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

They aren't either.  

The difference?  They know what they are talking about.

Vs. who?  I personally have no comments other than I do not see that being implemented very much by anybody but hey, why not suggest it.

18 minutes ago, Goon said:

All right, let's play this "word" game. So, we're going to cut your take home paycheck by 25%.. Wouldn't you agree we've taken  money away from you. Hence, we've defunded some of your paycheck? No? I'll hang up and listen to you twist yourself in knots. :) So, if you take money away from the police (1 billion dollars away from the NYPD) you're defunding them. 

Ok.

In that case, defund the police.  Whatever....

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I see Birx and Fauci are now suggesting goggles and/or face shields.  No I am not joking.

Let’s be fair. In the broader context, he answered a question truthfully. He didn’t bring it up. 

When asked if we could get to the point they would be recommended.  

"It might, if you really want perfect protection of the mucosal surfaces." 

"You have mucosa in the nose, mucosa in the mouth, but you also have mucosa in the eye," he continued. "Theoretically, you should protect all the mucosal surfaces.”

He noted that goggles and eye or face shields are "not universally recommended".. "but if you really want to be complete, you should probably use it if you can."

The school decision went about as I expected for MN.

Now we wait for Tuesday for the MSHSL. 

*It sounds like 4 options on the table for them

1) Traditional Season

2) Seasons reduced 20-30%

3) Practice Season with games in the Spring

4) No Fall Season

Flipping sports is out of the question. 

8 hours ago, bison73 said:

Bet it would stop those idiots trying to blind the LEO.

So you're okay with a Kent State situation? That speaks volumes.

In the words of so many smug sycophants in this thread: you be you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, mikejm said:

So you're okay with a Kent State situation? That speaks volumes.

In the words of so many smug sycophants in this thread: you be you.

Shooting people that are trying to blind LEO's is hardly a Kent State situation lol

• Upvote 3

Bismarck school board voted unanimously to start the school year face to face K-12. 

Fargo school board meanwhile had a split vote on the 82 page "Restart" colored coded levels of return while pushing the start date back after Labor Day.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Bismarck school board voted unanimously to start the school year face to face K-12. 

Fargo school board meanwhile had a split vote on the 82 page "Restart" colored coded levels of return while pushing the start date back after Labor Day.

Red Town, Blue Town? 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

@Hayduke1 -- regarding Mr. Cain's demise (regards to his family), do we know when and where he contracted the virus? To claim to is pure speculation. 

CNN said it's Trumps fault so that has got to be true.

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

@Hayduke1 -- regarding Mr. Cain's demise (regards to his family), do we know when and where he contracted the virus? To claim to is pure speculation. 

"Literally nobody contracted the virus at the 'protests' around the country"  

"Herman Cain most certainly contracted the virus at Donald Trump's Tulsa Rally"

:silly:

• Upvote 3