SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

In a presser today Walz threatened that Minnesota is "teetering on the edge" of another lock down.  His stupidity, ignorance and arrogance doesn't bode well for reopening schools in his scheduled announcement tomorrow. Plus he obviously is looking past the revised 22000 death prediction and the "not overwhelming the hospitals" drumbeat in any of his dumbass decisions making.

Another lockdown, no kids in school but he has no issue with the 95% increase in murders to date in 2020 or the continued thuggery in the streets on a daily basis.

These numbers sure don't seem like teetering on the edge to me but there isn't much I've agreed with that Walz has done or said so I guess why start now. The speculation the last few weeks on schools at least up here in northern Minnesota had been that it seemed like he was gonna give some freedom to each school district to decide what they wanted to do. I know the superintendent where I live said in a letter to all the parents the only way they will be fully online is if the governor imposes it again. So I've thought for a little while now kids will be back to school at the very least every other day or something like that so that probably means Walz will declare tomorrow he rules all and everyone from pre-k to Seniors must be fully online.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

What's your gut feeling on what he'll do?

He proven over and over he's not intelligent and rational enough to not use the one size fits all mentality in any aspect over the past 5 months when raising his scepter when making a decree.

That he gives the guidelines for all 3 scenarios and leaves it up to the local school districts. 

No "one-size fits all approach"*

*I'm basing this off of the KFGO interview and other "reading of the tea leaves"

In anticipation of another question: MSHSL will meet on August 4th on Fall sports decision.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That he gives the guidelines for all 3 scenarios and leaves it up to the local school districts. 

No "one-size fits all approach"*

*I'm basing this off of the KFGO interview and other "reading of the tea leaves"

In anticipation of another question: MSHSL will meet on August 4th on Fall sports decision.  

What's your gut feeling on the MSHSL decision? I hope they give conferences and/or classes the option to play.

3 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

These numbers sure don't seem like teetering on the edge to me but there isn't much I've agreed with that Walz has done or said so I guess why start now. The speculation the last few weeks on schools at least up here in northern Minnesota had been that it seemed like he was gonna give some freedom to each school district to decide what they wanted to do. I know our superintendent said in a letter to all the parents the only way they will be fully online is if the governor imposes it again. So I've thought for a little while now kids will be back to school at the very least every other day or something like that so that probably means Walz will declare tomorrow he rules all and everyone from pre-k to Seniors must be fully online.

He has been very adamant in wanting kids back in school, I would be SHOCKED if he said all schools will be doing distance learning to start. 

6 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

These numbers sure don't seem like teetering on the edge to me but there isn't much I've agreed with that Walz has done or said so I guess why start now. The speculation the last few weeks on schools at least up here in northern Minnesota had been that it seemed like he was gonna give some freedom to each school district to decide what they wanted to do. I know the superintendent where I live said in a letter to all the parents the only way they will be fully online is if the governor imposes it again. So I've thought for a little while now kids will be back to school at the very least every other day or something like that so that probably means Walz will declare tomorrow he rules all and everyone from pre-k to Seniors must be fully online.

Hauser isn't brave enough to state that ICU number he cited is half of what it was at the end of May.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

If I am reading that correctly, the numbers are trending down. That would be welcome news. 

2 hours ago, mikejm said:

Really?

You're advocating lethal measures? No arrest, no investigation, no trial. Just put a bullet in them?

I agree the water cannons are fine. Lethal force isn’t a correct response. I know from MP School days, lethal force isn’t authorized in Riot/crowd control. Nor legal. 

Wow... hayduke...dukes, 1, law in CO... however many logins and names he/she/zhe/che/we uses ... is getting dunked on.... repeatedly..... by Goon.

At this point its best to just go upstairs give your laptop to your mom and ask her to keep it away from you for awhile. 

Use the time to read... like actual history, or take the advice of that last mental health checkup, you know.....take a shift or two off. 

There is help uit there for you kid, just have to be willing to accept it.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Wow... hayduke...dukes, 1, law in CO... however many logins and names he/she/zhe/che/we uses ... is getting dunked on.... repeatedly..... by Goon.

At this point its best to just go upstairs give your laptop to your mom and ask her to keep it away from you for awhile. 

Use the time to read... like actual history, or take the advice of that last mental health checkup, you know.....take a shift or two off. 

There is help uit there for you kid, just have to be willing to accept it.

Goodness.

Either you think you are some kind of scorekeeper or it sounds like your feelings have been hurt.  

Should I say I'm sorry?  Would that make it all better for you?

If you actually believe I care what you think, you are sadly mistaken.

Lol

12 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

FB_IMG_1596113834464.jpg

What’s that mean for this lady??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2967210001

Like anything, conversation is best left between the doctor and patient.  So many are quick to politicize this drug that we can find stories that have helped save some lives. If it even saves 5% of lives is that not a good thing??

isnt the narrative now about saving lives?

28 minutes ago, homer said:

What’s that mean for this lady??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2967210001

Like anything, conversation is best left between the doctor and patient.  So many are quick to politicize this drug that we can find stories that have helped save some lives. If it even saves 5% of lives is that not a good thing??

isnt the narrative now about saving lives?

The FDA has no political motivation.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

We made this determination based on recent results from a large, randomized clinical trial in hospitalized patients that found these medicines showed no benefit for decreasing the likelihood of death or speeding recovery. This outcome was consistent with other new data, including those showing the suggested dosing for these medicines are unlikely to kill or inhibit the virus that causes COVID-19

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fauci is now recommending goggles or eye shields in addition to masks. :silly:

When will Fauci recommended this outfit???

Or will Walz beat him to it?

diving-equipment.png

Star+Trek+Online+Federation+EV+suits.jpg

Let's just go full-on space-suit with it.  I'm almost starting to believe the theory that "alien" sightings are just sightings of humans who have time-traveled from the future ;):lol:

52 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Mods,

Can we shut this steaming pile down yet?  Asking for a friend. 

Funny, I was just checking in to see how many minds have been changed by all of this insightful debate.   

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

The FDA has no political motivation.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-cautions-against-use-hydroxychloroquine-or-chloroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

We made this determination based on recent results from a large, randomized clinical trial in hospitalized patients that found these medicines showed no benefit for decreasing the likelihood of death or speeding recovery. This outcome was consistent with other new data, including those showing the suggested dosing for these medicines are unlikely to kill or inhibit the virus that causes COVID-19

FDA has no political agenda? You clearly don’t follow the pharmaceutical industry closely.

9 out of the last 10 FDA commissioners have left that position to sit as board members for pharmaceutical companies. The FDA is so deep in bed with the pharma industry, they might as well be the same entity.

• Upvote 2