SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

11 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

"Literally nobody contracted the virus at the 'protests' around the country"  

"Herman Cain most certainly contracted the virus at Donald Trump's Tulsa Rally"

:silly:

This is so true.  Who knew the virus was able to pick and choose which events it wanted to attend.  

If you're protesting systemic racism, you're a hero and expressing your first amendment right.

If you're protesting at the Minnesota state capital to appeal to the governor to allow you to open your business, you're selfish and putting people at risk.

Makes sense if you don't think about it.

• Upvote 2

Per WCCO a MSP dermatologist is proposing an update to Twins logo by making either Minnie or Paul a person of color to make it more "modern". I'll vote to make them both black if it guarantees the Twins beat the NYY in a post season series before I die.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Per WCCO a MSP dermatologist is proposing an update to Twins logo by making either Minnie or Paul a person of color to make it more "modern". I'll vote to make them both black if it guarantees the Twins beat the NYY in a post season series before I die.

As with all things like this, I very rarely have a problem with the initial thought, inclusion of all is important to me.

However, where does this logic ultimately go? Why are they both men? Why aren't other ethnicities represented etc etc etc. When you follow the logic to it's ultimate conclusion it many times comes back in my brain to the simplest thing is to just leave it alone.

I'm sure I'll be accused of being racist or having white privilege for espousing the above thought pattern.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

@Hayduke1 -- regarding Mr. Cain's demise (regards to his family), do we know when and where he contracted the virus? To claim to is pure speculation. 

I see.  Although it is speculation, the timing seems fairly indicative of when Mr. Cain caught COVID 19. 

But, mocking the use of PPE is something that does not deserve criticism, because of what?  Is it because every credible medical professional says to use it and that goes against the grain here?

That would be laughable if it was not so dangerous to our country. 

55 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

I see.  Although it is speculation, the timing seems fairly indicative of when Mr. Cain caught COVID 19. 

But, mocking the use of PPE is something that does not deserve criticism, because of what?  Is it because every credible medical professional says to use it and that goes against the grain here?

That would be laughable if it was not so dangerous to our country. 

Timing is spot on. Plus it was basically a Rona party. Thousands of attendees indoors, screaming and dancing and very few wearing masks. Would things be different if the ring leader would have only recommended precautions or held it outdoors, we’ll never know. Everyone gets to make their own decisions though, please keep in mind your decisions can affect others.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Timing is spot on. Plus it was basically a Rona party. Thousands of attendees indoors, screaming and dancing and very few wearing masks. Would things be different if the ring leader would have only recommended precautions or held it outdoors, we’ll never know. Everyone gets to make their own decisions though, please keep in mind your decisions can affect others.

Glad his death works out pretty well for you two.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

The more I think about this, considering how Latin American MLB is, shouldn’t one be Hispanic, not black?

1 hour ago, Redneksioux said:

Your right, everyone can make their own decisions so why are we still putting limits on restaurants, gyms, churches, etc?  Even IF that is what this cause of death was from, this man chose to be there   

That is exactly what the argument on some of these shutdowns has been since the beginning.  Let people choose.  Glad you finally came to your senses.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Really gets you excited, doesn't it?  

I get the feeling you get excited when you see an Antifa Thug trying to see fire to a Federal Court House. Or better yet, do you cheer on Antifa Thugs attacking federal agents? I applaud these brave soles for putting their life’s on the line to protect America. 

19 minutes ago, homer said:

Your right, everyone can make their own decisions so why are we still putting limits on restaurants, gyms, churches, etc?  Even IF that is what this cause of death was from, this man chose to be there   

That is exactly what the argument on some of these shutdowns has been since the beginning.  Let people choose.  Glad you finally came to your senses.  

You missed "your decisions affect others"

The Tulsa rally wasn't limited by any shutdowns. The few thousand in attendance did get a choice to attend. It's already documented that the rally contributed to an outbreak and their poor decision making has affected others.

Currently in ND there is no restrictions for churches. There's no statewide mask mandate and there's no city mandate in Grand Forks. Sure you can choose to go to church with no mask, sing and aerosolize your droplets, that's your decision to make. This does not mean it's a good decision.

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

I get the feeling you get excited when you see an Antifa Thug trying to see fire to a Federal Court House. Or better yet, do you cheer on Antifa Thugs attacking federal agents? I applaud these brave soles for putting their life’s on the line to protect America. 

Light em up!

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/05/30/light-em-up-video-appears-to-show-law-enforcement-shooting-paint-rounds-at-citizens-on-their-porch/

12 minutes ago, Goon said:

Tea, they did an awesome job teargassing those mothers in Portland.  

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/from-the-administration-that-brought-you-kids-in-cages-its-tear-gassed-moms-1032760/

Did that give you a thrill?

16 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/from-the-administration-that-brought-you-kids-in-cages-its-tear-gassed-moms-1032760/

Quit harboring the arsons and rioters and may you wouldn’t be caught in the cross fire. Why didn’t they help stop these violent protests?

just because they call themselves moms means nothing! Also didn’t know you could self identify as a mom now too......

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

ahh yes, Rollling stone, that wonderful middle of the road publicaton.   Did that give you a thrill?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What gives me a thrill? A democratically elected representative republic working. 

What ires me? Folks that believe other systems will work out better. They won't. Don't believe me. Ask the Soviets, the Chinese, people who lived under Nazi Germany, anyone who lived under Baby Doc Duvalier's terror reign, today's Venezuelans, and the rest of history's ghastly list of other unelected, abusive regimes . 

• Upvote 4