SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

3 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

California might not mind that.  They pay far more into the federal budget than they get out of it 

North Dakota, well, that would be the exact opposite. 

I guess we can all throw sources around and you can post another but we are talking about North Dakota not Alabama.  According to the NY Comptroller’s Office North Dakota is # 2 behind California for net contributor. This for 2016.

Let’s not forget ND’s energy and agricultural industries pay a few taxes. # 2 oil producer and lead the nation in 9 crops produced by less people than greater Columbus Ohio 

https://www.moneytips.com/is-your-state-a-net-payer-or-a-net-taker/356

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CarpeRemote said:

I guess we can all throw sources around and you can post another but we are talking about North Dakota not Alabama.  According to the NY Comptroller’s Office North Dakota is # 2 behind California for net contributor. This for 2016.

Let’s not forget ND’s energy and agricultural industries pay a few taxes. # 2 oil producer and lead the nation in 9 crops produced by less people than greater Columbus Ohio 

https://www.moneytips.com/is-your-state-a-net-payer-or-a-net-taker/356

Yes, we can.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

1 hour ago, Hayduke1 said:

Exactly, 

‘Opposite, most, and least’, are accurate or not depending on interpretation, parameter, category, source, date, and whatever point the author wants to make.

A small example, do the stats reflect the federal $ placed into multiple Native American reservations who are also somewhat independent entities from the state? I have no idea, I doubt you did either. FWIW Standing Rock receives about 80 million federal aid not counting infrastructure and education, if that’s any kind of valid multiplier. 

Tap ‘State Dependency’ column in this link and ND moves to 44, California 36. 

Statistics and damn statistics. We can all chime in with indisputable proof of our beliefs. 

Tangental discussion at best. I only threw in 2 cents because you  did.   Back to covid and racism. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CarpeRemote said:

Tangental discussion at best. I only threw in 2 cents because you  did.

Back to covid and racism. 

And for gosh sakes.... 5G DONT FORGET 5G!!!!!!!.... 5G actually is a now been labeled a known symbol of white supremacists that the lizard people have been using to impregnate the brains of leftist marxists ..... little known fact ...

5G is a 50/50 joint partnership between George Soros and the "Dead" Koch brother.

14 hours ago, DamStrait said:

I just might be that not all problems can be solved or improved by government action -  or the corollary - there are limits to what government can do to remedy any specific problem.

ccle328l1iq21.jpg

15 hours ago, DamStrait said:

I just might be that not all problems can be solved or improved by government action -  or the corollary - there are limits to what government can do to remedy any specific problem.

Yep. Little thing called the 10th Amendment and states rights.

3 minutes ago, Goon said:

Yep. Little thing called the 10th Amendment and states rights.

It is a fine answer.  If Rs think that nothing can or should be done to help, that is your prerogative.  But you can’t then turn around and criticize Blacks from voting for Ds and blaming D policies for the state of the Black community.

4 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

It is a fine answer.  If Rs think that nothing can or should be done to help, that is your prerogative.  But you can’t then turn around and criticize Blacks from voting for Ds and blaming D policies for the state of the Black community.

You need to understand that the government creates more problems than they ever solve.  Government solutions are a one size fits all which doesn't work.  

• Upvote 1

When’s Black Lives Matters year, month, week wrapping up? I can’t keep up with all the new protests. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. As this evolves this reminds me of the word racist it is so loosely used everyday it’s lost any credibility. I digress. It’s the weekend. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

I’m really glad Romney is not president right now.  He would be more difficult to defeat in November.

Yawn.  Acting like you know about political workings and why they do what they do is comical. We are meaningless, peons to them and to get worked up by their decisions is 100% pointless.  Other than to appease our own egos.

28 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

You need to understand that the government creates more problems than they ever solve.  Government solutions are a one size fits all which doesn't work.  

Indeed - the smarmy caption to the image in the post above would be more accurate if it read: "We've done everything we can think of, and all we do is make it worse".

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I thought groups in rooms was a bad idea. Now it’s more dangerous to not have groups in rooms? MUYFM. 

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/cdc-director-says-closed-schools-pose-larger-public-health-risk-kids

CDC = Can't Decide Crap

What a collect group of dogs chasing their tails.

• Like 1

AM Joy on MSNBC. Colored maps on new cases. Shows ND as an "uptick" in new cases.  Of course no context. The last two days of new cases in ND the positive rate has been half of the overall positive rate to date.

BTW is there a more pathetic POS on a national new channel  than Joy Reid....but I digress.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Yawn.  Acting like you know about political workings and why they do what they do is comical. We are meaningless, peons to them and to get worked up by their decisions is 100% pointless.  Other than to appease our own egos.

Wow. Not sure where to begin on this. So you don't vote and we should never engage in activism? Okay, enjoy the rest of your life comrade. 

And everyone, to a person, should be outraged over Trumps commuting and pardons. So now people can lie to congress and obstruct justice and they don't have to worry 'cuz Trump got their back? Ah, the death of truth and justice is such a wonder to behold. And everyone should be just as outraged over corrupt Barr trying/succeeding in replacing US Attorneys with more 'friendly' types, like Trumps golfing buds. And the republicans turn a blind eye to this !@#$. Perhaps they should uphold their oath to defend the constitution instead of being abettors.

And before all you Trumpers fire back your consistently witty and insightful rebuttals, just think if Hillary was elected and did the same !@#$ Trump does, you wouldn't say a word, right? Hell all your heads would look like that dood in the movie 'Scanners'. 

This period is being recognized, and will surely be cemented by history, as one of the most corrupt, unstable and rudderless periods in our nations history. But we will get through it. But not be being meaningless peons.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, wxman91 said:

I’m really glad Romney is not president right now.  He would be more difficult to defeat in November.

Not so sure. He had what should have been a easily winnable election in 2012 and he basically took a knee.

22 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Not so sure. He had what should have been a easily winnable election in 2012 and he basically took a knee.

He was certainly a less than compelling candidate as a challenger, but he is exactly the steady rudder candidate that would be coasting to victory right now.  Imagine a good economy, scandal-free presidency, and a national non-partisan strategy to defeat COVID.  Against Biden he’d probably be up 10 right now.  Instead, we have the most incompetent, corrupt politician possible who is on the verge of getting thumped and probably turning over the presidency, House and Senate to the Dems.

36 minutes ago, NDinCO said:

Wow. Not sure where to begin on this. So you don't vote and we should never engage in activism? Okay, enjoy the rest of your life comrade. 

And everyone, to a person, should be outraged over Trumps commuting and pardons. So now people can lie to congress and obstruct justice and they don't have to worry 'cuz Trump got their back? Ah, the death of truth and justice is such a wonder to behold. And everyone should be just as outraged over corrupt Barr trying/succeeding in replacing US Attorneys with more 'friendly' types, like Trumps golfing buds. And the republicans turn a blind eye to this !@#$. Perhaps they should uphold their oath to defend the constitution instead of being abettors.

And before all you Trumpers fire back your consistently witty and insightful rebuttals, just think if Hillary was elected and did the same !@#$ Trump does, you wouldn't say a word, right? Hell all your heads would look like that dood in the movie 'Scanners'. 

This period is being recognized, and will surely be cemented by history, as one of the most corrupt, unstable and rudderless periods in our nations history. But we will get through it. But not be being meaningless peons.

Case in point.  Let me know what your thoughts do to change the country.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

He was certainly a less than compelling candidate as a challenger, but he is exactly the steady rudder candidate that would be coasting to victory right now.  Imagine a good economy, scandal-free presidency, and a national non-partisan strategy to defeat COVID.  Against Biden he’d probably be up 10 right now.  Instead, we have the most incompetent, corrupt politician possible who is on the verge of getting thumped and probably turning over the presidency, House and Senate to the Dems.

Bookmark this post for November.  IMO, Trump isnt going to get thumped when election day comes around. He may not win but he isnt gonna get killed like Hillary did.  

• Like 1