SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

37 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Don't backtrack.  You said Hillary got killed.  She lost by less than 1% in the states that tipped the election (MI, WI, PA).  That is not getting killed, that is as close as it comes.  And it shows how little Biden has to improve on Hillary's performance to win.

The more I think about it she did pretty good, you're right.  Killed it in the popular vote.  Especially CA.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i voted for gary johnson bc in ND it's going Red anyways but would have voted for Donny if i was in swing state...i'm sure taht the majority of Gary's 4million plus votes (iirc) would have gone red.

You may be right that if forced to state a preference, there would be more Ls that choose the 2nd amendment and tax side of the Rs.  However, I seriously doubt that there is going to be a large movement of Johnson to Trump voters considering the L platform of open borders, legalized drugs and prostitution, unrestricted abortion access, opposition to the death penalty, opposition to gerrymandering, etc.  Unless they want to vote for JoJo in 2020, I'd wager that most would sit it out rather than vote for Trump.

Just now, wxman91 said:

You may be right that if forced to state a preference, there would be more Ls that choose the 2nd amendment and tax side of the Rs.  However, I seriously doubt that there is going to be a large movement of Johnson to Trump voters considering the L platform of open borders, legalized drugs and prostitution, unrestricted abortion access, opposition to the death penalty, opposition to gerrymandering, etc.  Unless they want to vote for JoJo in 2020, I'd wager that most would sit it out rather than vote for Trump.

basic liberatarian right now

satan>killary or biden

I just can’t stand the thought of a Biden win and  what the far left is going to do if he wins

hang on to your pocketbook and your AMERICAN rights

no borders, no police, non American voting, if you don’t feel like working the government will pay you, free everything

# defund Congress 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Kab said:

I just can’t stand the thought of a Biden win and  what the far left is going to do if he wins

hang on to your pocketbook and your AMERICAN rights

no borders, no police, non American voting, if you don’t feel like working the government will pay you, free everything

# defund Congress 

I know.  

Human sacrifices.

Then, dogs and cats living together.  My God, man.  Mass hysteria!!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

parks department power washed the BLM graffiti on the bike path near the dog park?  will the employees get charged with a hate crime?

I saw that the last time I rode bike down there. 

Has the production of N95 masks ramped up?

Still cant find any at my big box home improvement store.

Why aren't those being pushed more.

How much more protection does that give than a thin "face covering" that only catches large particulates being expelled and doesnt do any filtering like a N95.

Easy way to save lives. Especially when some of the ever conflicting evidence shows you can get it just from breathing indoor air not even from a surface or being close to anyone.

19 minutes ago, Cratter said:

How much more protection does that give than a thin "face covering" that only catches large particulates being expelled and doesnt do any filtering like a N95.

Easy way to save lives. Especially when some of the ever conflicting evidence shows you can get it just from breathing indoor air not even from a surface or being close to anyone.

Production has increased exponentially to meet medical professionals needs. Under the Defense Production Act, our President has authority to decide the quantity of masks a plant produces and how/where the masks are distributed. Majority of N95 masks are still being strategically allocated to hospitals and for large industrial/commercial companies for business to continue. Production was not increased to meet civilian masking needs and it likely won't be unless federally mandated. 

Here is a table of filtration efficiencies for different face covering types for those curious. I'll let you decide what constitutes thin. 

lGbYSL4.png

21 hours ago, wxman91 said:

I'm not sure how this is a response to anything.  Obama commuted or pardoned a lot of non-violent drug offenders that were caught up in mandatory minimum sentences.  It was pretty bipartisan.

so obama commuted a bunch of people caught up in "mandatory minumum sentences"...wonder who wrote the laws that made those....it's like dems/commys/losers don't even know joe's greatest achievement.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Easy way to save lives but it’s over our heads in the United States obviously.

Fauci ‘not 100 percent right’ about COVID-19 spike, top US testing official says

The country’s top testing official said Dr. Anthony Fauci, who has suggested states should pause reopening where coronavirus cases are spiking, is “not 100 percent right.”

“I respect Dr. Fauci a lot, but Dr. Fauci is not 100 percent right, and he also doesn’t necessarily, he admits that, have the whole national interest in mind,” Adm. Brett Giroir said Sunday on NBC News’ “Meet the Press.” “He looks at it from a very narrow public health point of view.”

Host Chuck Todd asked Giroir, the testing coordinator at the Department of Health and Human Services, about a Washington Post report that said Fauci has argued states with spikes should shut down again.

Giroir said he doesn’t “think we need to shut down” again — “at least in most places around the country” but suggested Americans “avoid bars” and “wear a mask in public.”

Coronavirus expert says Americans will be wearing masks for ‘several years’

Health experts won’t ask Americans to take off their masks any time soon.

That’s the take of Eric Toner, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security. He has been preparing for an outbreak like the novel coronavirus as part of his work for years.

Johns Hopkins practices virus simulations as part of is preparedness protocol, with the goal of offering public health experts and policymakers a blueprint of what to do in a pandemic. One of those simulations took place in October 2019, when Toner and a team of researchers launched a coronavirus pandemic simulation in New York, running through various scenarios on how residents, governments and private businesses would hypothetically react to the threat.

Thailand plans human testing for potential coronavirus vaccine

Thai researchers plan to begin human trials of a potential vaccine for the new coronavirus in November and are preparing 10,000 doses, a senior official said on Sunday, aiming for a vaccine that could be ready for use by late next year.

Following favorable results in trials on primates, the next step is to manufacture doses for human trials, said Kiat Ruxrungtham, director of the Bangkok’s Chulalongkorn University vaccine development program.

“At first we were going to send them in June, but it was not easy to plan everything,” Kiat told a news conference.

There are no approved vaccines for the virus that causes COVID-19, but 19 candidates are being trailed in humans globally. China is leading the race, with an experimental vaccine by Sinovac Biotech Ltd

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/6566304-Larimore-N.D.-widow-LaVonne-Parsons-endured-a-45-day-COVID-19-nightmare

would have been nice if the reporter asked if they even asked about hydroxyclorine/zinc or they just waited til it was too late becasue Joy Bahar said that was dangerous?

If only they were trump supporters, he could still be alive today, how could the reporter miss that part of the story?

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

If only they were trump supporters, he could still be alive today, how could the reporter miss that part of the story?

i thought the article ended at the video so i see they tried it but maybe it was too late bc shoving that vent down probably ended it..

On 7/11/2020 at 2:51 PM, wxman91 said:

I'm not sure how this is a response to anything.  Obama commuted or pardoned a lot of non-violent drug offenders that were caught up in mandatory minimum sentences.  It was pretty bipartisan.

If they were so bipartisan then why do over 600 the last 2-3 days he was in office? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so obama commuted a bunch of people caught up in "mandatory minumum sentences"...wonder who wrote the laws that made those....it's like dems/commys/losers don't even know joe's greatest achievement.

Joe has received a lot of crap from the left for his crime efforts a couple of decades ago.  There is a lot of hesitation about Kamala due to her prosecutorial background.  It is not unnoticed.

Last two polls in from Texas are Biden +5 and Trump +1.  I don’t think Biden is winning and I think he will lose Texas by at least 3, but the interesting part of the Trump +1 poll was that almost everyone was locked in to a decision.  People know Trump and they either love or hate him.  

2 hours ago, wxman91 said:

Joe has received a lot of crap from the left for his crime efforts a couple of decades ago.  There is a lot of hesitation about Kamala due to her prosecutorial background.  It is not unnoticed.

Last two polls in from Texas are Biden +5 and Trump +1.  I don’t think Biden is winning and I think he will lose Texas by at least 3, but the interesting part of the Trump +1 poll was that almost everyone was locked in to a decision.  People know Trump and they either love or hate him.  

Well, if they don’t know Biden after 40+ years in public office, that is really sad.