SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I thought groups in rooms was a bad idea. Now it’s more dangerous to not have groups in rooms? MUYFM. 

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/cdc-director-says-closed-schools-pose-larger-public-health-risk-kids

The best data at this point shows that kids are not efficient transmitters of COVID.  What the CDC is saying is that the risks of sending kids to school are more than balanced by the risks posed by kids missing school (education, mental health, etc).  This is not a change in argument and doesn’t say anything about adults in close proximity.

And it is a shocking twist that Oxbow fails to comprehend anything related to COVID:

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

CDC = Can't Decide Crap

What a collect group of dogs chasing their tails

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Bookmark this post for November.  IMO, Trump isnt going to get thumped when election day comes around. He may not win but he isnt gonna get killed like Hillary did.  

“Killed like Hillary did”?  She won the popular vote and lost due to extremely small margins in three states.  It was one of the closest elections ever.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

“Killed like Hillary did”?  She won the popular vote and lost due to extremely small margins in three states.  It was one of the closest elections ever.

306 to 232.  And that's having California and New York in the bag before it even began.  That's getting killed.  Note: I factored in that most polls had her winning comfortably,  IIRC.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

306 to 232.  And that's having California and New York in the bag before it even began.  That's getting killed.

No, that means that there were several electoral-rich states right at the inflection point.

If Biden were to do 1.5% better across the board than Hillary, a historically unlikable candidate, he would flip back WI, MI, PA, and FL and win 307 to 231.  So, what you are saying is that slight movement in votes would result in Trump getting “killed”?  I don’t think you understand our election system.

42 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

The best data at this point shows that kids are not efficient transmitters of COVID.  What the CDC is saying is that the risks of sending kids to school are more than balanced by the risks posed by kids missing school (education, mental health, etc).  This is not a change in argument and doesn’t say anything about adults in close proximity.

And it is a shocking twist that Oxbow fails to comprehend anything related to COVID:

But that will be the argument that keeps kids out of schools and colleges all across the country for awhile. The LA teachers union recommend schools stay closed this fall. There's a shocker. They are using the "children's safety" excuse. If you work in any area of education and you are afraid to go back into a classroom setting or just don't want to go back to do your job please find another career.

Right but at least you know everything on everything so we're fortunate you post! I'll take that as a compliment as it puts me in the same category as Birx, Fauci, Walz, Adams, Redfield and I could go on and on....... 

1 hour ago, NDinCO said:

Wow. Not sure where to begin on this. So you don't vote and we should never engage in activism? Okay, enjoy the rest of your life comrade. 

And everyone, to a person, should be outraged over Trumps commuting and pardons. So now people can lie to congress and obstruct justice and they don't have to worry 'cuz Trump got their back? Ah, the death of truth and justice is such a wonder to behold. And everyone should be just as outraged over corrupt Barr trying/succeeding in replacing US Attorneys with more 'friendly' types, like Trumps golfing buds. And the republicans turn a blind eye to this !@#$. Perhaps they should uphold their oath to defend the constitution instead of being abettors.

And before all you Trumpers fire back your consistently witty and insightful rebuttals, just think if Hillary was elected and did the same !@#$ Trump does, you wouldn't say a word, right? Hell all your heads would look like that dood in the movie 'Scanners'. 

This period is being recognized, and will surely be cemented by history, as one of the most corrupt, unstable and rudderless periods in our nations history. But we will get through it. But not be being meaningless peons.

Going to assume you had this same energy and outrage when Obama pardoned James Cartwright? How about Chelsea Manning? Don't even get me started on Oscar Lopez Rivera either.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Right but at least you know everything on everything so we're fortunate you post! I'll take that as a compliment as it puts me in the same category as Birx, Fauci, Walz, Adams, Redfield and I could go on and on....... 

I’ll admit to having blanks spots in farm policy and I cannot tell one rifle from another, but yes, I find it important to stay as informed as possible on a wide range of topics.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

AM Joy on MSNBC. Colored maps on new cases. Shows ND as an "uptick" in new cases.  Of course no context. The last two days of new cases in ND the positive rate has been half of the overall positive rate to date.

BTW is there a more pathetic POS on a national new channel  than Joy Reid....but I digress.

acosta.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Going to assume you had this same energy and outrage when Obama pardoned James Cartwright? How about Chelsea Manning? Don't even get me started on Oscar Lopez Rivera either.

War criminal Eddie Gallagher is the better corollary to Lopez Rivera, except Lopez Rivera actually served 36 years for his crimes.

Trump’s commutations of his buddies is unmatched by Obama.

Just now, wxman91 said:

War criminal Eddie Gallagher is the better corollary to Lopez Rivera, except Lopez Rivera actually served 36 years for his crimes.

Completely your opinion. Not a matter of fact at all. Have a nice day.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, wxman91 said:

By the end of his second and final term on January 20, 2017, United States President Barack Obama had exercised his constitutional power to grant the executive clemency—that is, "pardon, commutation of sentence, remission of fine or restitution, and reprieve"[1]—to 400 individuals convicted of federal crimes. Of the acts of clemency, 1715 were commutations (including 504 life sentences) and 212 were pardons.[2][

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

The fact she won popular vote and $1 coffee says Hillary lost.

59 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Manning want a traitor and should have been hanged

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Bookmark this post for November.  IMO, Trump isnt going to get thumped when election day comes around. He may not win but he isnt gonna get killed like Hillary did.  

Really?

Hillary did lose the electoral college, but won the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes.  About 40,000 votes in certain states swing the other way for Hillary and she would not be president. 

Were you drunk when you wrote that post?  Or is that just an unnatural sober thought making it's way through your synapses?  LOL 

2 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Really?

Hillary did lose the electoral college, but won the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes.  About 40,000 votes in certain states swing the other way for Hillary and she would not be president. 

Were you drunk when you wrote that post?  Or is that just an unnatural sober thought making it's way through your synapses?  LOL 

Tell me more about the popular vote?

She was predicted to win comfortably by almost everyone and lost by 74.  That's pretty f-king bad.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

By the end of his second and final term on January 20, 2017, United States President Barack Obama had exercised his constitutional power to grant the executive clemency—that is, "pardon, commutation of sentence, remission of fine or restitution, and reprieve"[1]—to 400 individuals convicted of federal crimes. Of the acts of clemency, 1715 were commutations (including 504 life sentences) and 212 were pardons.[2][

stop with the facts...

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Really?

10 popular vote nobody care except and her whiners

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

She was predicted to win comfortably by almost everyone and lost by 74.  That's pretty f-king bad.  

Ah, so it was while drinking.  

Thanks for clearing that up. 

48 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

Really?

Biden will likely win the popular vote again and lose the electoral college as he begins laying out his economic policy and businesses start seeing how poor it is. Lost jobs won’t sit well at a time people may just be getting back to work.  

1 hour ago, Bison Dan said:

I'm not sure how this is a response to anything.  Obama commuted or pardoned a lot of non-violent drug offenders that were caught up in mandatory minimum sentences.  It was pretty bipartisan.

58 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Don't backtrack.  You said Hillary got killed.  She lost by less than 1% in the states that tipped the election (MI, WI, PA).  That is not getting killed, that is as close as it comes.  And it shows how little Biden has to improve on Hillary's performance to win.