SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba extension

Dustin

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

would we dominate the Valley with a new staff?  My guess is NO, at least not for 3-4 years, and that's easily debatable

Agree but will Missouri St. become our new Idaho St.? Let's start there and move forward. Baby steps.

10 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

So has footballer Tim Belmore effectively replaced mbb Steve Brekke to get more long-term gifts for football?

Know they aren't the same jobs, but a football person was needed.   Said earlier that Brekke would be replaced and was ridiculed for it.

First off, they are the same job: Associate Athletic Director, Athletics Major Gifts, though Steve was a "Senior" Associate AD which comes with experience. Secondly, you predicted UND would replace a major fundraising position after the person in that position left? And that UND hired an internal candidate for the position (pretty safe bet Belmore and probably Dodson were the favorites to move over to athletics from their current roles of Health/Med and Art/Sci). You should stick to those kind of predictions instead of ones like this:

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The AD knows what will happen this spring and in 2023:  30 FCS programs will realign this spring and go FBS in 2023.  One year buyout in 2023.  Eric Schmidt will be the new coach in 2023.

24 minutes ago, Irish said:

Are you predicting a big change in the success level of UND Football?  Are we going to dominate the Valley.  If so, why?

I’m predicting Chaves is setting football and other programs up for success in the way that we all hoped they would have been from the start of D1.

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m predicting Chaves is setting football and other programs up for success in the way that we all hoped they would have been from the start of D1.

I really hope so - I'm just trying to figure out how 4 more years of Bubba fits into this plan.

5 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I haven’t heard the P2 story - just an announcement soon. 

I did hear that Memorial is coming down after spring ball.

Football coaches are moving temporarily to Starcher hall until phase 2 is announced/completed.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

One a different note....saw Bubba at the UND/NDSU BB at the Betty.  He was walking with a cane.  Did he have some type of "lower body" procedure after the FB season?

Ya, also looked like towards the end of the FB season he could of used one when walking across the field after a game.

Easy to throw Bubba under the bus when you aren’t making the decisions, I’m hoping he succeeds and we have successful years.

lets put our efforts in filling the stands and see what happens and let Bubba coach.

looked at my last pay check and there was no line for coaching or AD salary on it.

was quite a line item for taxes tho., wish I could give some of that to UND instead of wasting it in Washington.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Kab said:

Easy to throw Bubba under the bus when you aren’t making the decisions, I’m hoping he succeeds and we have successful years.

lets put our efforts in filling the stands and see what happens and let Bubba coach.

looked at my last pay check and there was no line for coaching or AD salary on it.

was quite a line item for taxes tho., wish I could give some of that to UND instead of wasting it in Washington.

Good post.

9 minutes ago, SiouxAlum09 said:

From what I've heard, Memorial is coming down and a new mixed use building is going up.  As part of the bid to get the land that Memorial is on, the company building the mixed use building will be contributing money towards Phase 2.  I don't know much more than that, other than the coaches/team tentatively plans on being housed out of Starcher Hall and Hyslop for a couple years until Phase 2 is complete.  Also as part of of the overall complex, the on campus football stadium is not in the current plans, but the plan is to make the current field at Memorial the home field for Women's Soccer.  Main reason for football to stay at the Alerus is $$$ to build and to run an on campus stadium as opposed to just renting for a short period of time during the football season.  Overall big things are happening and it's exciting to see!!!

That is exciting.  I assume we would need to keep the current field for practice also.

I heard the contract has already been signed for tearing Memorial down.

14 minutes ago, SiouxAlum09 said:

From what I've heard, Memorial is coming down and a new mixed use building is going up.  As part of the bid to get the land that Memorial is on, the company building the mixed use building will be contributing money towards Phase 2.  I don't know much more than that, other than the coaches/team tentatively plans on being housed out of Starcher Hall and Hyslop for a couple years until Phase 2 is complete.  Also as part of of the overall complex, the on campus football stadium is not in the current plans, but the plan is to make the current field at Memorial the home field for Women's Soccer.  Main reason for football to stay at the Alerus is $$$ to build and to run an on campus stadium as opposed to just renting for a short period of time during the football season.  Overall big things are happening and it's exciting to see!!!

Do you know if there will be an outdoor track as part of the soccer field?  

17 minutes ago, SiouxAlum09 said:

I understand that the building will be 3 or 4 stories with UND Athletics on the main floor with the second floor available for other offices (UND and/or outside interests) with the top floor or two being apartments  - I assume primarily for UND students.

19 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

I understand that the building will be 3 or 4 stories with UND Athletics on the main floor with the second floor available for other offices (UND and/or outside interests) with the top floor or two being apartments  - I assume primarily for UND students.

This is my understanding as well.

20 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

ICON released the pics last year. 

https://www.iconarchitects.com/planning/und-athletics.html

UND.jpg

• Upvote 1