SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba extension

Dustin

Just now, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

For the public at large, and for non-FB die-hards, hockey success creates an aura of contentment and satisfaction and the tolerance for mediocrity in other sports will persist.

You know, last time hockey won a title other sports were very successful as well. Just sayin. Could build athletic department momentum for next year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

You know, last time hockey won a title other sports were very successful as well. Just sayin. Could build athletic department momentum for next year.

Even better.

Two possible schools of thought with respect to managing the Department:  1. Hockey wins, we can exhale/slide.  2. Hockey wins, we need to press hard and shoot for blockbuster coaching hires and pull the stops to build a winning culture.

I don't know where the current AD falls, but it seems a lot of people on here were quite unhappy with today's news.

3 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Even better.

Two possible schools of thought with respect to managing the Department:  1. Hockey wins, we can exhale/slide.  2. Hockey wins, we need to press hard and shoot for blockbuster coaching hires and pull the stops to build a winning culture.

I don't know where the current AD falls, but it seems a lot of people on here were quite unhappy with today's news.

Meh, a lot of people around here complain like farmers. There’s a brown lining to everything.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The AD knows what will happen this spring and in 2023:  30 FCS programs will realign this spring and go FBS in 2023.  One year buyout in 2023.  Eric Schmidt will be the new coach in 2023.

The only unknown is whether UND hosts Texas or Oklahoma in the Potato Bowl during UND's inaugural FBS season.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jdub27 said:

For the record, UND had the third highest bid of the 16 teams that played in round one. Unfortunately got matched up with #1 or 2.

But we will hear the myth of a "marginal bid" for eternity on this site. 

Raise your hand if you knew that North Dakota was one of “only” TWENTY FIVE schools to make the FCS playoffs in 2 of the past 4 years...

Pay that grad student a stipend for digging deep to find that totally meaningless statistic!

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Raise your hand if you knew  that North Dakota was one of “only” TWENTY FIVE schools to make the FCS playoffs in 2 of the past 4 years...

Pay that grad student a stipend for digging deep to find that totally meaningless statistic!

"Comparison is the thief of joy" . And please give the thought that those who don't call for a coaches head are complacent. No one is satisfied, everyone wants more success. 

22 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

"Comparison is the thief of joy" . And please give the thought that those who don't call for a coaches head are complacent. No one is satisfied, everyone wants more success. 

I’ll take “conversations with my NDSU grad dad that’ll never happen” for $500, Alex...

“Hey, son, did you know that NDSU is the ONLY school that has won the FCS national championship in 8 of the last 9 years?”

”REALLY?  Well, UND is 1 of only 25 schools to make the FCS playoffs in 2 of the last 4 seasons, so top THAT, dad!”

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I’ll take “conversations with my NDSU grad dad that’ll never happen” for $500, Alex...

“Hey, son, did you know that NDSU is the ONLY school that has won the FCS national championship in 8 of the last 9 years?”

”REALLY?  Well, UND is 1 of only 25 schools to make the FCS playoffs in 2 of the last 4 seasons, so top THAT, dad!”

When you put it in that context I feel much better about the state of UND FB.

8 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The AD knows what will happen this spring and in 2023:  30 FCS programs will realign this spring and go FBS in 2023.  One year buyout in 2023.  Eric Schmidt will be the new coach in 2023.

We joining the WAC?

3 minutes ago, Irish said:

Please email Chaves and let him know what you think about this deep dive into mediocrity.  

UND.AD@und.edu

My guess is most people will be kissing his ass in a couple of years. Although some will do the usual spin and ask “what took so long”. Those people don’t matter, nothing is ever good enough for them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

When you put it in that context I feel much better about the state of UND FB.

FCS schools in North Dakota have a combined 9 Conference Championships, 12 playoff appearances, and 8 National Championships this past decade..  And UND is a part of that.   ;):D

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

My guess is most people will be kissing his ass in a couple of years. Although some will do the usual spin and ask “what took so long”. Those people don’t matter, nothing is ever good enough for them.

Are you predicting a big change in the success level of UND Football?  Are we going to dominate the Valley.  If so, why?

Just now, Irish said:

Are you predicting a big change in the success level of UND Football?  Are we going to dominate the Valley.  If so, why?

would we dominate the Valley with a new staff?  My guess is NO, at least not for 3-4 years, and that's easily debatable

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

would we dominate the Valley with a new staff?  My guess is NO, at least not for 3-4 years, and that's easily debatable

That's because anyone coming in would have to rebuild.  The bigger question is are we going to be where we want to be as a program after 10 years of Bubba?