SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba extension

Dustin

4 minutes ago, Big Green said:

How many years did he have left?  He was a good step in the right direction, but seems like we need someone different to take the next step.

I believe he had two years left, 2020 and 2021 by reading it, and they extended it two more years.  Seems like they could have waited one more year before granting an extension.  Only positive I can see from granting it now is for recruiting it takes lessens doubt of head coaching change. 

8 minutes ago, Big Green said:

How many years did he have left?  He was a good step in the right direction, but seems like we need someone different to take the next step.

I'm a little confused why it's called a 4 year extension (maybe because it's 4 more seasons from now?), but his initial contract was through the 2021 season, so an additional 2 years, by my math.

15 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Who better to carry the torch of continued mediocrity into the future.  Would have liked to see at least 1 playoff win before giving him an extension.  

This...^^^

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I think the arm chair ADs are gonna make it a little tense in here. 

An overall HC record of 59-52 and 37-32 at UND while going 0-3 (0-2 at UND) in the playoffs screams what?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I think the arm chair ADs are gonna make it a little tense in here. 

The only people happy with the Bubba extension are the same people that are happy with getting 1.5% interest from a bank CD on their retirement nest egg.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I called it. 

Wow, Nostradamus 2.0 in the house.  Who would have ever thought that extending a .500 coach while your rival school is getting carpel tunnel from putting NC rings on would not be popular with the fan base?

Wow.... Just a few short months ago we were debating whether or not he'd be fired... Now they're hired him for an additional two years, four total. I did not see that coming. I honestly don't see what he has done to deserve this deal especially with two years remaining in his contract. It's time to put up, no excuses.

WOW.   I was wondering how we'd afford Bubba's buyout after this year and now Chaves does this.  There was no reason for this, it's not like Bubba was going to go anywhere.    And the fact that he won't ever go anywhere might have been proof that he was UND caliber coaching material either.   Get ready for 4 more years of piss poor football.   Sorry, but that's what it is.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

An overall HC record of 59-52 and 37-32 at UND while going 0-3 (0-2 at UND) in the playoffs screams what?

It screams "this is our expectations for UND Football for the near future".  Not a good move.  I thought Chaves was better than that.

• Upvote 3