SiouxSports.com Forum

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Oxbow6

Officiating was poor. I told a buddy that the way they called things ( or didn't ) in the first period set up the rest of the game to be a cheap shot game. I even said I expected some gloves to come off, but I thought if a player drops the gloves it is an automatic suspension for the next game. I guess not since the penalties were called 10 minute misconducts?

22 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Yes they are. With some of these folks here you wouldn’t know that was only their 4th regulation loss of the year. Sheesh 

Played well after the first.  Down 3 of their top 9 forwards.  Lines in shambles, Tychonik playing forward....it happens.  SCSU plays the Olympic sheet tremendously.  Unfortunately for them the NCAA tournament isn't played on the big sheet.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SJHovey said:

St. Cloud swept Duluth in St. Cloud a couple of weeks ago. Tough at home.

UND always has a tough time in Clown... and the games are battles.  I've taken in most of the series there for the last 15 years and the last "easy" win I remember for the Sioux was ten years ago.  I think the only sweep by either team during that time was in 2016, which is pretty remarkable. 

Sioux didn't play poorly... flat out dominated during stretches... a few things to clean up, but given the history of their games at the concrete palace, I wouldn't be too worried with the results this weekend. 

• Upvote 2

Hain's injury must be substantial. 

Going forward with more games being televised due to the playoffs the bench gets shortened. 4th line gets less minutes.

UND has the best top 3 lines in the country when healthy plus they have Weatherby.

Although if Yon can find some game down the stretch a line of 7 8 14 could be really good. 

25 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I have to wonder if much of St Cloud's success is due to the Olympic ice?

For sure you recruit with that in mind- great skaters first....although from my mindset, you should always start with skating when recruiting.  Skating, hockey sense and fast brain, and compete.  Easy to coach up other fundamentals and system.  

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

I have to wonder if much of St Cloud's success is due to the Olympic ice?

Absolutely.  They play very good defense on the big ice, and UND kept missing the net over and over, because they are not used to the wider rink.  Must have been a dozen missed nets last night, perhaps more.  Found myself screaming "Hit the F$#*@&$@#^ Net" more than a few times.

40 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Berry sure seemed to have a long and serious talk with the St. Cloud coach as they shook hands last night after the game.

How as a coach do you defend a player of yours choke slamming another player?  

I'll hang up and listen. 

• Upvote 1

Another tough team coming in next week. Omaha the week after and they are getting better.  Life in the best college league in the country.  I’m taking a road trip to Omaha for that series.  My favorite weekend of the year. 

6 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

So...  should the NCHC step up and require NHL size ice, why does one program get to be the beneficiary  of the situation?   I am assuming SCSU is the only olympic ice in the NCHC.

CC is Olympic.

I would imagine their new rink will not be though since Olympic sheets are a dying breed. 

CC plays on Olympic ice in C Springs. Not sure what their new barn will be. 

Minnie and Wisconsin both had Olympic ice in the WCHA days I believe. 

1 minute ago, SiouxForever said:

Anyone have video of the scrum from last night? I would love to see. 

Also the Pinto Penalty play. 

7 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

So...  should the NCHC step up and require NHL size ice, why does one program get to be the beneficiary  of the situation?   I am assuming SCSU is the only olympic ice in the NCHC.

I think the arena CC plays in is Olympic size. I think their new one will be NHL size.

• Upvote 1