SiouxSports.com Forum

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Oxbow6

6 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

What happened??  Who got choke slammed??  

Kierstad took a shot attempt right after the final horn sounded.  He may not have heard it.  He slowly skated away not knowing one of the Poeling sisters was chasing after him.  Grabbed him around the neck and threw him to the ice. 

24 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

You spelled “fact that Kawaguchi and Pinto were not in the lineup” wrong.

I was talking about the relative success of the program over the years,  are they better than they appear because the game favors a team that plays a higher percentage and practices on the bigger sheet.   The epic fails of the program in the post season seems to point that way.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I was talking about the relative success of the program over the years,  are they better than they appear because the game favors a team that plays a higher percentage and practices on the bigger sheet.   The epic fails of the program in the post season seems to point that way.

Well, to be fair, I’m not sure anyone could have beaten AIC last spring.  Oh, wait...

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

How as a coach do you defend a player of yours choke slamming another player?  

I'll hang up and listen. 

Great games this weekend. But to answer your question. Choke slamming is a bit of an exaggeration, but still wrong. As is slapping the puck after the whistle. Both penalties. Also not too crazy with Paohling dropping gloves and helmet. Another penalty. But the UND player dropping gloves and leaving helmet on is against hockey tradition as im sure you know. Also a penalty (glove drop part)! Im very impressed with the Fighting  Hawks! If my guys can’t win the ultimate trophy, i will cheer for you guys. However painful it would be!  

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Throw in the phantom 5s both nights......

Phantom 5’s? You obviously didn’t see last nights. From behind, made no attempt to slow down, both feet left the ice, slamming SCSU players head into boards. Come on! You would asked for a lifetime suspension if tables were turned! 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Husky said:

Phantom 5’s? You obviously didn’t see last nights. From behind, made no attempt to slow down, both feet left the ice, slamming SCSU players head into boards. Come on! You would asked for a lifetime suspension if tables were turned! 

Funny how you talk about exaggeration....your team was excellent at it. Truly amazes me how quickly the player(J Poehling?) recovered from such a brutally gruesome hit in Friday game. Came back to take the ensuing face off even! :silly:

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Husky said:

I love the diving your team does to. do they take acting classes? 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Funny how you talk about exaggeration....your team was excellent at it. Truly amazes me how quickly the player(J Poehling?) recovered from such a brutally gruesome hit in Friday game. Came back to take the ensuing face off even! :silly:

I agree, as all hockey players do!

45 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

40 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I love the diving your team does to. do they take acting classes? 

Of course, as all do! We just do it better!!

52 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

IMO, Pinto's hit was stupid and careless, and probably deserved the 5.  He pretty much single-handedly cost us the Saturday game.  Without that 5 minute PK, UND would probably have scored first, and the game would have been very different.

Agree!!

It was a blind side hit shoulder to shoulder and top of shoulder to chin/bottom of face mask after releasing the shot/pass.

The neck snapped wildly to the right which suppresses the 3 nerves at the base of the ear/jaw 1) vagal nerve 2) Hypoglossal nerve 3) glassopharangeal nerve -  as would a neck snap from from a right hook in boxing.

A cross shot to the temple or back of the ear has the same affect on the brain telling the body to shut down- resets to protect the brain.  His body spun in a full 360 and he was down. 

The previous comments show no concern for the player safety. They all call it a dive and that he took the next face-off, after a long review. 

I don't think anyone would know that except the player himself. 

I agree, if the player is not hurt, he should go through concussion protocol anyway. To determine the exact nature of the injury.

If he fails the concussion protocol the player should not be allowed to continue to play for his own safety.

The offending player should also not be allowed to play as long as the receiving player takes to recover. 

If he never got up and was carried off on a stretcher I think a lot of people would have a different view on this type of hit.  Brain injury or spinal severed/broken. 

Any head snapping from rear to front can also cause the brain stem to dislodge from the spine- rabbit punch. 

Video of the head torque...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1231329781259677705

27 minutes ago, Medic said:

It was a blind side hit shoulder to shoulder and top of shoulder to chin/bottom of face mask after releasing the shot/pass.

The neck snapped wildly to the right which suppresses the 3 nerves at the base of the ear/jaw 1) vagal nerve 2) Hypoglossal nerve 3) glassopharangeal nerve -  as would a neck snap from from a right hook in boxing.

A cross shot to the temple or back of the ear has the same affect on the brain telling the body to shut down- resets to protect the brain.  His body spun in a full 360 and he was down. 

The previous comments show no concern for the player safety. They all call it a dive and that he took the next face-off, after a long review. 

I agree, if the player is not hurt, he should go through concussion protocol anyway. To determine the exact nature of the injury.

If he fails the concussion protocol the player should not be allowed to continue to play for his own safety.

The offending player should also not be allowed to play as long as the receiving player takes to recover. 

If he never got up and was carried off on a stretcher I think a lot of people would have a different view on this type of hit.  Brain injury or spinal severed/broken. 

Any head snapping from rear to front can also cause the brain stem to dislodge from the spine- rabbit punch. 

Can you explain what happens when you grab a player from behind by the neck and slam him to the ice intentionally?  

I've got all day.  

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Medic said:

unnamed.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Can you explain what happens when you grab a player from behind by the neck and slam him to the ice intentionally?  

I've got all day.  

You won’t get that analysis from that Twitter account. Now, if UND had done that at the end of the game, it would have been all over his account with claims to PROTECT THE PLAYERS! 

44 minutes ago, Medic said:

Are you a medic or a pharmacist with a prescription misfire?

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Medic said:

We must have not watched the same replay

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Medic said:

Where was this post after Blaisdell got hit last week????  

Player safety???

• Like 1