SiouxSports.com Forum

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Oxbow6

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

That is the problem with the whole review process.  There have been numerous times when a review has been warranted and there was no review.   How does Grant Mismash feel when they give Caulfield a five minute major for interference, and they wouldn’t review a hit by Schuldt where he clipped Mismash last year that put him out for over a month.  Absolutely ridiculous how they arbitrarily pick and choose what they review.  

Agree......IMO if nothing is called on the ice there should never be a review. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks like a hard shoulder to shoulder hit to me.. with the player’s head following the body direction.  Caulfield appears to have tried to avoid the hit... lifts right skate off the ice and tucks in elbow.  Not a direct hit.  Seems Clown player leans forward, to his left, head down.  Tough play at game speed.  

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Can you explain what happens when you grab a player from behind by the neck and slam him to the ice intentionally?  

I've got all day.  

5 minutes, its called you lose! Complain as munch as you want! You lose!  I know you have never had the advantage of questionable calls, to your advantage,  however its time you understand! Its called hockey. Maybe new to you but not new to knowledgeable Sioux fans. Its called hockey!! Great weekend!

• Downvote 5

12 minutes ago, Husky said:

5 minutes, its called you lose! Complain as munch as you want! You lose!  I know you have never had the advantage of questionable calls, to your advantage,  however its time you understand! Its called hockey. Maybe new to you but not new to knowledgeable Sioux fans. Its called hockey!! Great weekend!

I’m guessing it will be just hockey for you next weekend against Denver.  I’m guessing you won’t be getting the benefit of the calls with Denver home ice on the line.  

18 minutes ago, tnt said:

I’m guessing it will be just hockey for you next weekend against Denver.  I’m guessing you won’t be getting the benefit of the calls with Denver home ice on the line.  

Oh boy........both benches will probably have a punch bowl full of Excedrin Migraine!

5 hours ago, Husky said:

Grabbing a guy from behind and choke slamming him is hockey???

It was a good weekend of hockey.  Both teams battled.  I love Ahcan.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SiouxBoys said:

You run the risk of dirty players trying to get away with things. You're also putting a ton of faith in the on ice officials seeing everything.

There are 4 sets of eyes......they should be able to see the so called majors. The Caulfield hit is a prime example. No call on the ice..... should have never been reviewed yet it goes from no call to a major. The theatrics are more the issue. If you review a non call rule on the embellishing and put an end to this nonsense. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

There are 4 sets of eyes......they should be able to see the so called majors. The Caulfield hit is a prime example. No call on the ice..... should have never been reviewed yet it goes from no call to a major. The theatrics are more the issue. If you review a non call rule on the embellishing and put an end to this nonsense. 

I agree that the scope of reviews needs to be expanded.

2 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

It is funny how much the Omaha and Clownie fans hate UND while the majority of UND fans don’t care about either to actually hate their team and fans. To me, both are just another name on the opponent list.

Put away your broad brush. I know a lot of great hockey fans in both places. Their are homers (fans) everywhere... why we might even have a few ‘round here!:whistling:

8 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I was talking about the relative success of the program over the years,  are they better than they appear because the game favors a team that plays a higher percentage and practices on the bigger sheet.   The epic fails of the program in the post season seems to point that way.

Their road record should solve that question...

If that tools’ a medic I’m pulling cords and jumping out of the ambulance.

Reading that egregious accounting of facts sounds like a methhead describing his alien Bigfoot encounter. 

Buddy, that wasn’t a five, the phlopping pheoling wasn’t hurt,  and that thing up your ass wasn’t a probe....... no matter how much you want it to be the case.

4 hours ago, Husky said:

Well it’s sad to know that that’s the only way the St. Cloud pansies can win.  One day they’re really going to get hurt and no one’s going to feel sorry for them. I’d be embarrassed if my team played that way.  You’re just one of those sorry excuse of a fan. 

2 hours ago, bcblues said:

As far as officiating goes, I just wish we had consistency.

Can't really ask for more...... or less.

A lot of people feel this way, too many bad calls/non calls ruin the game for knowledgeable fans. The band wagoners don’t even notice and the intellectuals wax poetic on interpretation. We had two at the Ralph go in our favor a while ago and no one said a thing, then two against and it was the end of the world. My point is this, the refs are deciding games, not on purpose, but deciding nonetheless. That sucks, for both teams, and, both fan bases. It decides the future, and that is wrong...

39 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

A lot of people feel this way, too many bad calls/non calls ruin the game for knowledgeable fans. The band wagoners don’t even notice and the intellectuals wax poetic on interpretation. We had two at the Ralph go in our favor a while ago and no one said a thing, then two against and it was the end of the world. My point is this, the refs are deciding games, not on purpose, but deciding nonetheless. That sucks, for both teams, and, both fan bases. It decides the future, and that is wrong...

You aren't wrong or out of place in saying this....

The differential factor is the purposeful action that these asshats are using to SUCCESSFULLY sway the officials calls for these situations. 

The theatrics are a disgusting insult to the game of hockey, the same programs have been relying on this culture to create an advantage. It puts officials in an even worse situation, IMHO, when a shoulder bump can be slow motion viewed can be disected to appear like the zapruder film... suddenly these guys start seeing what often times isnt really there. 

The change HAS to come from the NCAA... (it won't, ever)... the conference (a possibility) and the officials as a whole, supervisors on down.... until then coaches will continue to allow the culture of embellishment at places like UMD and St. Clown.

Sooner or later someone with the balls to take on this issue has to stand up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1