SiouxSports.com Forum

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Oxbow6

We were sitting directly behind the St. Cloud bench, as in the second row.  The entire game the SCSU coach would hold out his hands like "what the heck is going on" every time a St. Cloud player got touched.  At every whistle stoppage the St. Cloud captain or a St. Cloud assistant captain would go to the ref and complain.  It was finally early in the third period when one of the officials came to the St. Cloud bench and ripped into the St. Cloud coach non-stop for a couple of minutes.  I could not hear what was being said, but it appeared to me the official was tired of hearing all of the complaining and bitching by SCSU.  It didn't matter, as the very next time an SCSU player with the puck was checked the coach held out his hands like "what the heck is going on."

21 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

We were sitting directly behind the St. Cloud bench, as in the second row.  The entire game the SCSU coach would hold out his hands like "what the heck is going on" every time a St. Cloud player got touched.  At every whistle stoppage the St. Cloud captain or a St. Cloud assistant captain would go to the ref and complain.  It was finally early in the third period when one of the officials came to the St. Cloud bench and ripped into the St. Cloud coach non-stop for a couple of minutes.  I could not hear what was being said, but it appeared to me the official was tired of hearing all of the complaining and bitching by SCSU.  It didn't matter, as the very next time an SCSU player with the puck was checked the coach held out his hands like "what the heck is going on."

I seen that too. Every chance after a play, at the end of a period, it didn't matter whatever the reason being, there would be the captain or an asst. captain jacking his jaw to an official on the ice. 

3 hours ago, Sweethockey said:

I seen that too. Every chance after a play, at the end of a period, it didn't matter whatever the reason being, there would be the captain or an asst. captain jacking his jaw to an official on the ice. 

The sad thing is that they probably wouldn't be doing it if they didn't think it was effective.   

It seems to me that Berry doesn’t express his view much to the officials. I think it’s his nature and also part of his game management strategy.  Other coaches around the league not so much.  Hakstol and Eades could work them once in awhile. 

Complain about diving and embellishment and officiating all you will, but I didn't see enough net front presence from North Dakota last weekend. 

Western Michigan is coming to Grand Forks and UND must be a harder team to play against come February 28. 

• Upvote 1

What a bunch if whiners! All calls against the Eagles were terrible, the officiating is against you, the rink is too big, the coach complains too much, slow motion is wrong, other teams embellish but you have never. First time fights in the stands this year. Must be Husky fans huh. Never heard so much complaining from visiting fans, pretty disappointed in a bunch of whiners!

3 minutes ago, Husky said:

What a bunch if winers! All calls against the Eagles were terrible, the officiating is against you, the rink is too big, the coach complains too much, slow motion is wrong, other teams embellish but you have never. First time fights in the stands this year. Must be Husky fans huh. Never heard so much complaining from visiting fans, pretty disappointed in a bunch of winers! 

Careful or we'll start whining about your wining.

43 minutes ago, Husky said:

What a bunch if winers! All calls against the Eagles were terrible, the officiating is against you, the rink is too big, the coach complains too much, slow motion is wrong, other teams embellish but you have never. First time fights in the stands this year. Must be Husky fans huh. Never heard so much complaining from visiting fans, pretty disappointed in a bunch of winers! 

Just a question, does huskyland hang the 5 point banner now,  first week of offseason (aka playoffs for winning teams) or for the opener next season?

Have fun golfing sparky.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Husky said:

What a bunch if whiners! All calls against the Eagles were terrible, the officiating is against you, the rink is too big, the coach complains too much, slow motion is wrong, other teams embellish but you have never. First time fights in the stands this year. Must be Husky fans huh. Never heard so much complaining from visiting fans, pretty disappointed in a bunch of whiners!

Hang inn their buddie, Yov got Olie copple week left.

4 hours ago, Husky said:

Really, thats all you got? You must agree with me!

I can understand your excitement for beating a team with a mascot that flies. Must be rewarding after falling to the Air Force Falcons And the American International College Yellowjackets the past two years. Those were SCSU’s best chances of a Frozen 4 title. Might have to wait a long long time for teams like that again. Entertaining games and nice to see fans in the seats again here in SC. 

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Gotta tell you, you really are helping St. Cloud live up to the title of this thread.  Don’t understand why you would want to come on here after you win, other than you need approval.

You can't fix stupid.  It is what it is.  

• Upvote 2

On 2/23/2020 at 5:25 PM, Husky said:

5 minutes, its called you lose! Complain as munch as you want! You lose!  I know you have never had the advantage of questionable calls, to your advantage,  however its time you understand! Its called hockey. Maybe new to you but not new to knowledgeable Sioux fans. Its called hockey!! Great weekend!

Yawn....go away dou c h e  b a g...and raise another participation banner.