SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

Morning paper: MN Gopher athletics could see $75 M hit from Coronavirus. The U’s athletic spending was $129M 2018 to 2019 season.  Best case scenario would be -$10M, moderate loss -$30M, and severe would be -$75M. 
Don’t know how this compares to UND.... scary times....

For anyone who subscribes to ESPN + .....  This is a good watch.  Nick Saban breaks down Burrow vs Clemson, but think about the defenders as you watch.  Offense knows the play, QB knows pre-snap read and coverage or hot route.  Defense is reacting to what everyone else already knows..  

https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/0c8ac8dd-d640-48ee-8ec7-f25a6c9d648c

8 minutes ago, Norhsidepride said:

For anyone who subscribes to ESPN + .....  This is a good watch.  Nick Saban breaks down Burrow vs Clemson, but think about the defenders as you watch.  Offense knows the play, QB knows pre-snap read and coverage or hot route.  Defense is reacting to what everyone else already knows..  

https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/0c8ac8dd-d640-48ee-8ec7-f25a6c9d648c

Thanks

36 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

wut  :blink:

Asking a lot out of a young kid playing man coverage all the time in our defense.  He’s tackled pretty well since he’s been a Tfr and has made some plays in his time here.  We were getting to a good spot with CB depth. 

14 minutes ago, homer said:

Asking a lot out of a young kid playing man coverage all the time in our defense.  He’s tackled pretty well since he’s been a Tfr and has made some plays in his time here.  We were getting to a good spot with CB depth. 

You and I watched two different players last year.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

You and I watched two different players last year.  

We can agree to disagree.  It’s all good.  

I think he’s a better player than what he showed last year.  I’d argue we didnt have a single corner last year that was consistently impressive all season.  They all had their moments.  I’m no DC but we out our CBs on an island a lot.  When you don’t get home, you are getting beat.  I appreciate what he did in his time here.  Stepped in and played decent as a TFr when he wasn’t ready.  It was a huge improvement over the CB play of 5 years ago.   

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Jeremy Jenkins is also looking to transfer.

I recall the first time I saw him get off the bus with the team before a game. He's a giant. I only knew it was him as he went to a family member and he had a Jenkins shirt. 

On 4/16/2020 at 1:59 PM, homer said:

We can agree to disagree.  It’s all good.  

I think he’s a better player than what he showed last year.  I’d argue we didnt have a single corner last year that was consistently impressive all season.  They all had their moments.  I’m no DC but we out our CBs on an island a lot.  When you don’t get home, you are getting beat.  I appreciate what he did in his time here.  Stepped in and played decent as a TFr when he wasn’t ready.  It was a huge improvement over the CB play of 5 years ago.   

I agree with you, I'd much have him stay on the roster this year.  He did get thrown in as a true frosh before he was ready, has made a lot of improvement since then.  Sometimes I think he loses focus a little bit however.  From going from a starter to a backup your senior year, that wouldn't be fun for any player.  I hope he stays, but I can kind of see why he might want to leave.  Grass often looks greener on the other side. I think he should finish out his college career as a Fighting Hawk though.   Fortunately we do have some nice young talent and depth now at this position. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I agree with you, I'd much have him stay on the roster this year.  He did get thrown in as a true frosh before he was ready, has made a lot of improvement since then.  Sometimes I think he loses focus a little bit however.  From going from a starter to a backup your senior year, that wouldn't be fun for any player.  I hope he stays, but I can kind of see why he might want to leave.  Grass often looks greener on the other side. I think he should finish out his college career as a Fighting Hawk though.   Fortunately we do have some nice young talent and depth now at this position. 

Did I read he had "2 years to play 1" would that make sense to another DI team? Might be a better fit for a high level DII team?