SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 Football Season

bincitysioux

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I really don’t see how North Dakota high school football happens this fall either

High school will not be proactively testing healthy students, up to the parentsnif the kid should be tested.  Just finishing up the bb AAU season with tournaments in Minneapolis, Sioux Falls and Iowa with teams from all over the Midwest at every tournament.  Not one player or parent missed a game 

If the colleges wouldn’t test healthy athletes there would be A season and turn out just fine.

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, ND1 said:

High school will not be proactively testing healthy students, up to the parentsnif the kid should be tested.  Just finishing up the bb AAU season with tournaments in Minneapolis, Sioux Falls and Iowa with teams from all over the Midwest at every tournament.  Not one player or parent missed a game 

If the colleges wouldn’t test healthy athletes there would be A season and turn out just fine.

I agree 100%.  We played an entire season of summer baseball ages 6-19 and not a single case.  The only modifications were no sunflower seeds in the dugout and no hand shakes after the game, no social distancing.  Don't recall seeing more than a couple people even wearing masks.  You would think that would erase some of the fears.  What are students going to do when flu and cold season roll around?

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

It looks like most of the G5’s are trying for a full conf and non-conf season. Even if the MVFC cancels, I can see NDSU trying to put an FBS schedule together for one year.

The G5 schools won’t cancel a non conference season if they have any games that will make their schools money on their schedules.  As soon as their money games go away, they will not pay any school to come in and play.  If their is a glimmer of hope that some of their games stay on the schedule with some of the P5 conference +1 scheduling, their non conference will stay as well.  UND is hanging onto K St but it’s a long shot.  

It would be great if the MVFC could at minimum do a full conference schedule his year.  

I hate the idea of football in the spring, but I guess it is still better than no football at all. More time for some of these young players to get up to speed. Hopefully, life looks more normal by next spring and the 2021 season will bring with it some normal schedules and a lot of fans.

It will be interesting to see how this impacts the draft next year.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020-21 Football Season