SiouxSports.com Forum

UNC GDT

F'n Hawks

We can fuss all we want about coaching decisions. There isn’t going to be a coaching change. Those of you who want a change don’t seem willing to write a 6 figure check,  which wouldn’t cover the entire cost of a change. I believe Chaves is more focused on increasing resources available for coaching salaries, resources and facilities.  With that in mind, it seems to me discussing staff change is a moot point. Doesn’t really matter what I think. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, shep said:

Was Evan Holm out there yesterday? I really can't remember.

Siegel and Nelson were #13's victims.

If Evan Holm didn't play, there's the reason for the bad secondary play.

Weber St and Montana State were his victims.  The secondary devolved to the Idaho State game again.

43 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

We can fuss all we want about coaching decisions. There isn’t going to be a coaching change. Those of you who want a change don’t seem willing to write a 6 figure check,  which wouldn’t cover the entire cost of a change. I believe Chaves is more focused on increasing resources available for coaching salaries, resources and facilities.  With that in mind, it seems to me discussing staff change is a moot point. Doesn’t really matter what I think. 

So how many years of mediocrity in the MVC and getting blasted by NDSU does Bubba get? If those are things happen.

5 hours ago, Sioux95 said:

So you're saying that because he would only be available for 1 playoff game at most, it made sense to play him yesterday in what was expected to be an easy win, instead of saving him for the playoff game.  Brilliant.

Bubba is not known for his astute game management.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

It's what they do year in and year out.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

So how many years of mediocrity in the MVC and getting blasted by NDSU does Bubba get? If those are things happen.

That is a good question but I don’t believe my opinion will change anything. Having said that it will depend on what happens between now and when Bubba’s contract expires. In the meantime, we need the resources for better facilities, salaries etc. If we as fans and supporters aren’t going to do get HPCII built we are at a disadvantage when we recruit against a number of other schools. If we don’t increase funding for salaries, we get a different pool of applicants.  (Rudolph). 

Making the playoffs this year isn’t a dealbreaker for me. Getting better and building on that so we can attain and ultimately sustain that success takes a lot more time than I would like.  I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with your opinion or others. If I am going to give a lot more money it will be with those goals in mind not to buy out a coaches contract. Therefore I feel obligated to support what they are trying to do in the meantime. I also think Bubba is allowing his coordinators to call their plays and make decisions. That is how it should be. 

• Upvote 1

Bubba was into the game

ive never seen him so upset at someone on the sidelines 

He was in the face of a player in street clothes, I believe it was after kett list his helmet and was hit in the head

dont know what it was about but he was in the face

13 hours ago, Kab said:

Bubba was into the game

ive never seen him so upset at someone on the sidelines 

He was in the face of a player in street clothes, I believe it was after kett list his helmet and was hit in the head

dont know what it was about but he was in the face

I saw that too. Couldn't tell who it was but he(the player) came jogging over from one of the entrances... my best speculation guess is he was supposed to stick around the bench area watching the game and he wasn't. I don't know, probably doesn't matter

17 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

If Evan Holm didn't play, there's the reason for the bad secondary play.

Weber St and Montana State were his victims.  The secondary devolved to the Idaho State game again.

Was Evan Holm held out to preserve a red shirt, or was it injury related?

Well, I missed the game on Saturday, as I was out trying to get some Christmas shopping done, and I'm kind of glad I saved myself the frustration ( I was frustrated enough following the score on my phone). I am glad we won, and glad we are still in the playoff picture, but the way this team is playing makes it tough to get excited. 

How do they play a game like they did again Weber, on the road, then come home and have a shootout with Northern Flippin Colorado? That is not the kind of showing you expect from a team that is going to make, or make any noise in, the playoffs. That is not the kind of showing you expect from a team trying to take that next step. I would expect nothing less than a blowout from NDSU, JMU, SDSU, Weber, or even UNI.

Again, thrilled we won and that playoffs are still on the table, but the way this team plays, the lack of killer instinct, the inability for Offense and Defense to both have a solid game at the same time . . . . if we continue what we are doing, we will continue being mediocre. We will show flashes, and potential, and close losses to good teams; but I would rather see a team that makes the playoffs every year and actually makes some noise once they are there.

16 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Coaches are interested in winning NOW.  So many variables.  Half the frosh will never even suit up as juniors let alone seniors.

This is my point.  People are upset about a player coming back from injury, making an impact but potentially playing 5 games (or more) or a QB taking one snap to get to 2 games played this season when he reality is we need our best players on the field.  

If we make the playoff and if we make a run and if Kett gets injured and Schluster gets to play more than two games, than taking one snap vs UNC might suck.  But at that point we are in the quarters or semis of the playoffs and I don’t really care.  It’s a long shot but another thing for people to complain about.  Regarding the RB, the kid just has to play.  He is good but how do you bench McKinney after how he was playing Saturday.  I guess I have no problem with either.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2019 at 10:05 PM, SiouxFan100 said:

I say you need auto qualifiers  - winning a conference should mean something 

the goal never has been to get the best 24

there is enough room in the existing format for most good teams to get in - not getting in isn’t a format problem - prove you belong over the season and don’t do like we do and get whipped by a two win teams

Yep. Need autobids. You win your conference, congrats and welcome.

FCS playoffs are huge and any team with a prayer at the championship makes it. There is never a team sitting at home with a legit gripe about not making it.

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Yep. Need autobids. You win your conference, congrats and welcome.

FCS playoffs are huge and any team with a prayer at the championship makes it. There is never a team sitting at home with a legit gripe about not making it.

2015 UND would beg to differ. To this date that’s the best team UND has put on the field in D1