SiouxSports.com Forum

UNC GDT

F'n Hawks

25 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Even the FCS national scoreboard considers it a loss. Pay attention to the arrows. 
A53C1F5F-E611-4DE5-8F3A-3E16A4917F8E.thumb.png.653ab01f565eb39884535990d4c7b5ed.png

And it’s since updated. And now other teams that lost have the marker by them. 

Computer systems need time to replicate data and update interfaces. 

What we fans wanted:  Team to show we were deserving of the playoffs and leave no doubt going away winning by three scores.  

What we feared:  a close win where we played down to opponent or God forbid a devastating loss.....

Playoffs continue next week I guess.  But yet another time we made a 2-9 operation look good.  I don't understand how you beat Weber in all facets in Utah minus the scoreboard and then pull this at home against UNC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

What we fans wanted:  Team to show we were deserving of the playoffs and leave no doubt going away winning by three scores.  

What we feared:  a close win where we played down to opponent or God forbid a devastating loss.....

Playoffs continue next week I guess.  But yet another time we made a 2-9 operation look good.  I don't understand how you beat Weber in all facets in Utah minus the scoreboard and then pull this at home against UNC.

Preparation and coaching or lack thereof 

they had no timeouts and we throw two incomplete passes that stops the clock, run the ball. Take another minute and a half off the clock

some real head scratchers of calls today

on a 4th down with a yard to go we run sideways

our freshman qb just lost a game when kett had to come out for a play,  he hands the ball off, you put boltman in and he can hand the ball off

why waste a game played for him just to hand the ball off 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

Preparation and coaching or lack thereof 

they had no timeouts and we throw two incomplete passes that stops the clock, run the ball. Take another minute and a half off the clock

some real head scratchers of calls today

on a 4th down with a yard to go we run sideways

our freshman qb just lost a game when kett had to come out for a play,  he hands the ball off, you put boltman in and he can hand the ball off

why waste a game played for him just to hand the ball off 

Freunds in a tough spot knowing his OL can’t run block unless the d isn’t expecting it.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Freunds in a tough spot knowing his OL can’t run block unless the d isn’t expecting it.

Not worried about Fruend. Worried about Schmidt’s defense and Bubba’s game management. This team is handicapped at the upper leadership positions. Bubba, Schmidt, and the players, particularly the defensive players, need to be better. Not a great showing today for UND at all. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Why is that?  After six years of  bubba recruiting you would think the personal would be there on the line.  It’s pretty apparent Bubba wants to ground and pound to control TOP and yet he has not had a line to work with.  Add to that, they were asked to lose a good percentage of the weight this off season.  This coaching staff is a joke.   

Just now, Longtime fan said:

Why is that?  After six years of  bubba recruiting you would think the personal would be there on the line.  It’s pretty apparent Bubba wants to ground and pound to control TOP and yet he has not had a line to work with.  Add to that, they were asked to lose a good percentage of the weight this off season.  This coaching staff is a joke.   

If there had been zero attrition on OL recruits I would agree with you.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

If there had been zero attrition on OL recruits I would agree with you.

Having 100% attrition is nearly impossible.   But if they were able to keep Merz, Grady , Slater .....etc would that been enough to counter anything that we see today?   Not sure.   But I agree the attrition for whatever reason on the line has been bad. 

2 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Having 100% attrition is nearly impossible.   But if they were able to keep Merz, Grady , Slater .....etc would that been enough to counter anything that we see today?   Not sure.   But I agree the attrition for whatever reason on the line has been bad. 

The answer is yes, it would.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Look at the resumes of the teams between 16-24, they all have bad losses. We finish 7-4 we belong.

Without looking at teams 16-24 resumes.... what does und bring to the table that would be considered playoff worthy?  I realize the fcs is weak but there has to be teams that would better represent that post season.    Und has struggled mightily with three 2-9 teams. Getting completely blown out in one of them and losing the yardage game in all three.   They will have beaten one playoff bound team.  Hardly screams “belong” worthy. 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Without looking at teams 16-24 resumes.... what does und bring to the table that would be considered playoff worthy?  I realize the fcs is weak but there has to be teams that would better represent that post season.    Und has struggled mightily with three 2-9 teams. Getting completely blown out in one of them and losing the yardage game in all three.   They will have beaten one playoff bound team.  Hardly screams “belong” worthy. 

None of the teams 16-24 really belong, but the field is 24. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I had mentioned it before but I feel the fcs should go to a 8 team playoff format. Way too many participating ribbons at a 24 team format.  The fbs is only a 4 team. 

That's absolutely a terrible idea unless you completely throw out autoqualifiers and figure out something better than a purely subjective closed meeting room as the basis of field selection.