SiouxSports.com Forum

UNC GDT

F'n Hawks

14 minutes ago, Feff said:

That's absolutely a terrible idea unless you completely throw out autoqualifiers and figure out something better than a purely subjective closed meeting room as the basis of field selection. 

Without a doubt the autos have to disappear.  So many conferences with autos that are d2 caliber.  So many bad teams in the fcs.  Pick the best 8 like the fbs picks the best 4 

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Without a doubt the autos have to disappear.  So many conferences with  autos are d2 caliber.  So many bad teams in the fcs.  Pick the best 8 like the fbs picks the best 4 

8 is the absolute minimum a playoff should be. I think FCS would be better served with a 16 team field with no auto qualifiers.

I say you need auto qualifiers  - winning a conference should mean something 

the goal never has been to get the best 24

there is enough room in the existing format for most good teams to get in - not getting in isn’t a format problem - prove you belong over the season and don’t do like we do and get whipped by a two win teams

1 minute ago, Feff said:

8 is the absolute minimum a playoff should be. I think FCS would be better served with a 16 team field with no auto qualifiers.

perhaps 16.   But the fcs really doesn’t have 16 teams that could contend for a title. There is usually a handful per year that truly have a chance. 

4 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

The better team did not win today. 

Unc has better athletes and coaches.  

Und does not belong in the playoffs.  If they somehow make the playoffs that only means bubba will still be coach.  

absolutely not true.  We didn't play very well and and still won.  This shows that we were the better team as does the scoreboard.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

absolutely not true.  We didn't play very well and and still won.  This shows that we were the better team as does the scoreboard.

Oh my gosh

yes the better team won today

a case could be made that us the better team should have won by a bunch more but I never had any doubts that we were the better team

4 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Unc didn’t play well either.  Both teams had 3 TOs and that same amount penalty yards.  It was a home game for und.  Und wins by 7 points which und won on a blocked punt td.   If this game was in Greeley they win. 

Just now, Longtime fan said:

Unc didn’t play well either.  Both teams had 3 TOs and that same amount penalty yards.  It was a home game for und.  Und wins by 7 points which und won on a blocked punt td.   If this game was in Greeley they win. 

Please give it up.   I know that fact that we won doesn't fit your narrative but we did win.

I'm surprised that a Longtime fan would work so hard to run our own team down.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

UNC is an incredibly bad team. They're 2-9. They never play well. Admitting that they're worse than UND doesn't ruin your narrative that changes are needed at UND.

Please give it up.   I know that fact that we won doesn't fit your narrative but we did win.

I'm surprised that a Longtime fan would work so hard to run our own team down.

Bubba needs to be gone. Would you agree?  I’m more vocal than most . Have been and always will be but I will never give up on und football.  I’m an extreme hard core fan.  But I’m also they’re biggest critic. I will continue my negative bubba posts until he is gone . I did the same with Rudy for 3-4 years.  

Why did Skokna play today?  Seems like a really bad decision by the coaching staff.  Have they given up on saving a year of eligibility for him?  If he plays against SUU I hope Chaves fires bubba on Sunday morning regardless of whether we make the playoffs or not.

8 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Bubba needs to be gone. Would you agree?  I’m more vocal than most . Have been and always will be but I will never give up on und football.  I’m an extreme hard core fan.  But I’m also they’re biggest critic. I will continue my negative bubba posts until he is gone . I did the same with Rudy for 3-4 years.  

If we go 7-4 with 2 of our losses to the #1 and #3 teams in the country Bubba deserves to keep the job.

If we go 6-5 Chaves has a decision to make.

If we go 7-4 with 2 of our losses to the #1 and #3 teams in the country Bubba deserves to keep the job.

If we go 6-5 Chaves has a decision to make.

Agree

i have to admit I thought bubba  had to go during the Idaho State melt down

if we make the playoffs and especially if we host a first round game I can forget pretty fast what we went through to get there

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

Idk, maybe it’s just me but with so many schools in the leagues, it’s fun to Atleast have a chance your team makes playoffs- and anything can happen in the playoffs. Just my opinion.

I totally agree, I like the way it is.  Yes only the top 8 teams really have a chance to win it all, in my opinion.  However it keeps a lot more interest and hope for fans of schools outside of that top 8.  Our season would have probably been over after the Idaho loss even if we won out and had beaten Weber.  I'm hoping that at some point we are consistently one of those top 10 teams, but I like the format and the interest it generates all the way until the last week of the season.  

1 hour ago, Sioux95 said:

Why did Skokna play today?  Seems like a really bad decision by the coaching staff.  Have they given up on saving a year of eligibility for him?  If he plays against SUU I hope Chaves fires bubba on Sunday morning regardless of whether we make the playoffs or not.

For not redshirting a player???

6 minutes ago, homer said:

For not redshirting a player???

For wasting an entire year of eligibility by putting a player in a game at the end of the season where we didn't need him to play.  I'm tired of trading player's best year for their worst year, and in Skokna's case, this is absolutely senseless.  Had he sat today, we could have had him for a playoff game without risking his redshirt.  Really poor call to play him today.

7 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

For wasting an entire year of eligibility by putting a player in a game at the end of the season where we didn't need him to play.  I'm tired of trading player's best year for their worst year, and in Skokna's case, this is absolutely senseless.  Had he sat today, we could have had him for a playoff game without risking his redshirt.  Really poor call to play him today.

So what if we win that playoff game?   Do just sit everyone?