SiouxSports.com Forum

next up EWU

Nodak78

7 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

"To me they haven't seen nobody like us," Eastern Washington wide receiver Jayson Williams said. "They haven't seen a receiving core like us. Earlier on they played North Dakota State and that's a top dog right now in the last few years. But North Dakota State isn't Eastern Washington. We got the wide receiving core, we got the quarterback and the offensive line. They haven't seen our offensive line. If we are clicking, nobody is going to stop us."

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/ewus-45-straight-weeks-as-ranked-team-in-jeopardy-if-they-lose-saturday/293-e03c17a8-8854-4057-8afa-43df864d4b76

Anyone looking for bulletin board material:

source.gif

• Upvote 4

EWU

Wide Receiver 2 - Jayson Williams - 6-1 - 205 - Sr. - 3L* - Tacoma, Wash. / Lincoln HS ’15

EWU is ave. 348 yards/game passing.

SHSU ave  326 yards/game.  of course if you take out UND game Sammy is above 500+ yards/game.

Bring Sat game on.  I'm jacked

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Anyone looking for bulletin board material:

source.gif

It would appear that they took a shot at both UND and NDSU.

"To me they haven't seen nobody like us," Eastern Washington wide receiver Jayson Williams said. "They haven't seen a receiving core like us. Earlier on they played North Dakota State and that's a top dog right now in the last few years. But North Dakota State isn't Eastern Washington. We got the wide receiving core, we got the quarterback and the offensive line. They haven't seen our offensive line. If we are clicking, nobody is going to stop us."

4 minutes ago, Goon said:

It would appear that they took a shot at both UND and NDSU.

That part is true, NDSU doesn’t have very dangerous WRs this year. They really miss Shepard

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/ewus-45-straight-weeks-as-ranked-team-in-jeopardy-if-they-lose-saturday/293-e03c17a8-8854-4057-8afa-43df864d4b76

These comments don't speak well for the English dept. at EWU.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This should be a close game tomorrow.   It potentially sounds like high wind combined with snow  and/or rain .  That could affect  the offenses.   And because of that ...imo...it will be low scoring.  

The two teams strong points will bump heads.  EWU is known for its offense and UND for its D.  The big difference this year is that Und finally has the secondary to hang with eastern’s WR group.  I’m very  comfortable vs passing teams unlike years past.  Und has historically had trouble with running/ mobile qbs and Barrier has the ability to make opposing defenses look like fools.  Not a great combination. Try and keep from getting to the edge where he really dangerous. Maybe und can put a spy on him?  Their rb looks solid as well.  

Offensively, UND HAS to establish the run game.  It’s been non existent the first 3 game ....this is the game they need to wake up.  Passing could be tough tomorrow so running the ball will become essential.  Their defense is bad.  Und needs to take advantage.  Keep EWU freezing on the sidelines by controlling the TOP.

the special teams unit....ugh.  Week after week year after year of disappointing performances. Add in the potential weather issues. Ugh. 

Eastern is a wounded dog...they need to win to keep playoff hopes alive.  However, I feel this is the year und gets them.  I like the offense vs their D and with an improved secondary I like unds D vs their offense.   Barriere will get some yards but keep him from the big play.   But special teams......

To me this is a "prove it" game. Defensively, prove what we think you are. Offensively, prove what we think you can become. Before the year I don't think anyone looking at the schedule thought this was a game UND would win and it's changed to a game most think they have a chance. With the limited games in Football, every game carries so much weight and I don't want to come off as someone that thinks this is a must win, but this game could really change the trajectory of their season. A win or loss really changes the landscape of their season moving forward. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Hmm based on their record how would they know what "clicking" looks like, and what if they have been "clicking"? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TBR said:

More than any game left on our schedule, I'd like to beat the Eagles while we're still playing a Big Sky schedule.  We will get more shots at the xDSU's of the world in coming years, but not EWU. 

I will say uc Davis. Other than ndsu they’re the highest ranked team und plays and they played ndsu evenly in Fargo. Beating EWU is currently not on par like beating a team of uc Davis caliber. Eastern has long history of greatness but currently doesn’t have a d1 win.  Uc Davis is worthy and it would set und for a great remainder of the season.   Btw ....und will beat ewu tomorrow 

4 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

This should be a close game tomorrow.   It potentially sounds like high wind combined with snow  and/or rain .  That could affect  the offenses.   And because of that ...imo...it will be low scoring.  

The two teams strong points will bump heads.  EWU is known for its offense and UND for its D.  The big difference this year is that Und finally has the secondary to hang with eastern’s WR group.  I’m very  comfortable vs passing teams unlike years past.  Und has historically had trouble with running/ mobile qbs and Barrier has the ability to make opposing defenses look like fools.  Not a great combination. Try and keep from getting to the edge where he really dangerous. Maybe und can put a spy on him?  Their rb looks solid as well.  

Offensively, UND HAS to establish the run game.  It’s been non existent the first 3 game ....this is the game they need to wake up.  Passing could be tough tomorrow so running the ball will become essential.  Their defense is bad.  Und needs to take advantage.  Keep EWU freezing on the sidelines by controlling the TOP.

the special teams unit....ugh.  Week after week year after year of disappointing performances. Add in the potential weather issues. Ugh. 

Eastern is a wounded dog...they need to win to keep playoff hopes alive.  However, I feel this is the year und gets them.  I like the offense vs their D and with an improved secondary I like unds D vs their offense.   Barriere will get some yards but keep him from the big play.   But special teams......

I thought I read on AGS that EWU was without their #1, #2 and #4 running backs, but I could be wrong.

51 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I will say uc Davis. Other than ndsu they’re the highest ranked team und plays and they played ndsu evenly in Fargo. Beating EWU is currently not on par like beating a team of uc Davis caliber. Eastern has long history of greatness but currently doesn’t have a d1 win.  Uc Davis is worthy and it would set und for a great remainder of the season.   Btw ....und will beat ewu tomorrow 

I agree with you that UC Davis will likely look like a better win this year and benefit us more, but we've been completely embarrassed by them since we joined the Big Sky.  This win would be more gratifying for me long term, and i would love to be the team that knocks them out of the rankings to break their streak....and do it at their house.   Plus if we lose to Davis, that would give us another 'quality loss' :D  

But hey I'd be down for winning both!  

7 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I agree with you that UC Davis will likely look like a better win this year and benefit us more, but we've been completely embarrassed by them since we joined the Big Sky.  This win would be more gratifying for me long term, and i would love to be the team that knocks them out of the rankings to break their streak....and do it at their house.   Plus if we lose to Davis, that would give us another 'quality loss' :D  

But hey I'd be down for winning both!  

Winning both ....music to my ears. 

• Upvote 1