SiouxSports.com Forum

next up EWU

Nodak78

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

Russo. I'll go left to right.

Waletzko, Tobin, Nguon, Hergel, Ventrelli

His Mom was on my plane back to Denver on Sunday after the Sam Houston game. Talked with her a bit and it sounds like they really like Pawlak. Also, losing weight was by design. Really nice lady and said she had a great time tailgating and at the game. It was nice to run into people who were at the game on that flight as I always thought it was a reasonable way to get from Denver round trip for $265. 

Would be nice to see the running game get going a bit this week. JJ needs to stop standing up so straight when he runs, he should always be able to get a few yards if he actually lowers his should. 

Mckinney needs more touches. run him outside, give some jet sweeps, throw some screen passes. just give him the damn ball and use the speed. Would be nice to see what Griebel on a sweep as well.

Need to get Boltmann to make a few easy passes early, then let him run a bit as well.

Very interested to see how Ketteringham looks this week. Hopefully he is actually good to go. Everyone should remember he only played a half, so we didn't even see what he could do with a full playbook. 

Time to get a win against these guys.

19 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Meh, I can do that too.

UND this year is a tale of two teams.  In 7 out of 12 quarters UND has outscored their opponents 81-14.

Also with this tale of two teams.  UND has been outscored in 5 of 12 quarters 54-0.  It seems like each quarter you will see a different team.  A very good team who can compete with most anyone.  And a very bad team who anyone can compete with.

Which team will EWU play?  If UND can figure out how to play a full game it won't be close.  If they are still going to do the same thing then EWU has a great shot.

Basically UND is Montana last year.  Jekyll and Hyde so far.

You should go post this as a reply to that post on facebook. The comments that would follow would be gold!

• Upvote 3

Numbers are numbers, the only thing that bothers me and it shouldn't is the line "it won't be close". If EWU plays a perfect game and UND doesn't play well, I agree, it won't be close, but what happens if both teams play well for four quarters? Such sure comments will always get under my skin. 

Side note: Half of EWU’s games have either been against a very good P5 program or a D2 school. They should cancel each other out, but in all reality, they only have two games of legitimate data. 

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Meh, I can do that too.

UND this year is a tale of two teams.  In 7 out of 12 quarters UND has outscored their opponents 81-14.

Also with this tale of two teams.  UND has been outscored in 5 of 12 quarters 54-0.  It seems like each quarter you will see a different team.  A very good team who can compete with most anyone.  And a very bad team who anyone can compete with.

Which team will EWU play?  If UND can figure out how to play a full game it won't be close.  If they are still going to do the same thing then EWU has a great shot.

Basically UND is Montana last year.  Jekyll and Hyde so far.

That facebook group is a joke

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

The one guy based his reasoning for UND getting killed this weekend on the fact that NDSU pulled their starters early in the game, thus they only scored 38.  Uhhh, the starters played until the final whistle.  

UND pulled its starters.  Have to remember these people get their info from bison boys on AGS and facebook.

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

The one guy based his reasoning for UND getting killed this weekend on the fact that NDSU pulled their starters early in the game, thus they only scored 38.  Uhhh, the starters played until the final whistle.  

Our starters, on defense at least, weren't playing at the end either.

38 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

UND's running game better be ready and the DL better be prepared to get leaned on.

With last years offense, we would have loved this as we were ground and pound.  This year I'd rather just take perfect conditions and just flat out beat EWU.