SiouxSports.com Forum

next up EWU

Nodak78

“Watching film this week, we knew these guys weren’t the team they were last year,” said Cotton, who again was a matchup nightmare with 10 catches for 110 yards. “Our receivers could really dominate their defensive backs.”

https://lmtribune.com/sports/vandals-physically-overwhelm-no-ewu-in-upset-victory/article_a582ceb2-84f0-5cd6-8c3c-2e7166512d35.html

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

“Watching film this week, we knew these guys weren’t the team they were last year,” said Cotton, who again was a matchup nightmare with 10 catches for 110 yards. “Our receivers could really dominate their defensive backs.”

https://lmtribune.com/sports/vandals-physically-overwhelm-no-ewu-in-upset-victory/article_a582ceb2-84f0-5cd6-8c3c-2e7166512d35.html

This bye really did come at a great time for us. We need to seize this opportunity because Davis is going to be a huge challenge.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Looking at the schedule before the year, you always have preconceived notions on how teams are going to do. It's fair to say that up to this point, Eastern Washington has fallen short of those expectations. It appears that they've been hit pretty hard with injuries so far, I'm not sure on the status of those players, but we've seen the affect that can have. They seem to be a pretty streaky team, awful first half against Idaho, pretty solid second half. We all know how reactionary message boards can be, but reading their comments they are down on their O-line and Defense (all facets). 

This game has taken on a new importance with EWU sitting at 1-3. Regardless of their injury situation, they still have a great offense, their defense does appear to be struggling and we all know it's a tough place to play. This potentially, could turn into a bad loss if that's the result, even though I do see a lot of W's left on their schedule.

This will be a test, but I'm sold on UNDs defense. Most encouraged by the changes they made 2nd half to stop SHSU's QB's ability to run. Along with containing EB3's ability to run, they also need to get off the field on 3rd downs and not allow TD's almost every time EWU is in the red zone (both things they struggled against NDSU). EWU offense vs UNDs defense is strength on strength, I would put them as fairly even.

I see this game coming down to UNDs offense vs EWU's defense. Ketteringham practiced this past week, but will he be fully healthy by Saturday? I kind of look at it as regardless, they won't be in as bad of a situation as they were against SHSU, as Schuester now has at least 3/4 of a game under his belt. If they have a break out game, finally getting the running game going and take another step with the passing attack, they'll be in good shape.

Pretty long post to quickly summarize I see this one as a toss up. Still don't know enough about this UND offense yet. 

Predicitions for injured players, who will be back?

Ketteringham

Gordon

Holm

Nelson

Rooney

Anyone I'm missing? 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, AJS said:

Looking at the schedule before the year, you always have preconceived notions on how teams are going to do. It's fair to say that up to this point, Eastern Washington has fallen short of those expectations. It appears that they've been hit pretty hard with injuries so far, I'm not sure on the status of those players, but we've seen the affect that can have. They seem to be a pretty streaky team, awful first half against Idaho, pretty solid second half. We all know how reactionary message boards can be, but reading their comments they are down on their O-line and Defense (all facets). 

This game has taken on a new importance with EWU sitting at 1-3. Regardless of their injury situation, they still have a great offense, their defense does appear to be struggling and we all know it's a tough place to play. This potentially, could turn into a bad loss if that's the result, even though I do see a lot of W's left on their schedule.

This will be a test, but I'm sold on UNDs defense. Most encouraged by the changes they made 2nd half to stop SHSU's QB's ability to run. Along with containing EB3's ability to run, they also need to get off the field on 3rd downs and not allow TD's almost every time EWU is in the red zone (both things they struggled against NDSU). EWU offense vs UNDs defense is strength on strength, I would put them as fairly even.

I see this game coming down to UNDs offense vs EWU's defense. Ketteringham practiced this past week, but will he be fully healthy by Saturday? I kind of look at it as regardless, they won't be in as bad of a situation as they were against SHSU, as Schuester now has at least 3/4 of a game under his belt. If they have a break out game, finally getting the running game going and take another step with the passing attack, they'll be in good shape.

Pretty long post to quickly summarize I see this one as a toss up. Still don't know enough about this UND offense yet. 

Predicitions for injured players, who will be back?

Ketteringham

Gordon

Holm

Nelson

Rooney

Anyone I'm missing? 

Izzy? I heard he was practicing but no clue how close he is to game ready.

This is what the Big Sky thinks of UND now that we are no longer part of the conference.

Eastern Washington (1-3) is ranked No. 21 in both polls after falling to Idaho on the road. The Eagles have been ranked all season long and will have a bye this week, before facing Sacramento State (2-2) on the road next week.

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2019/9/23/football-bigskyfb-continues-to-make-moves-in-the-top-25-poll.aspx

50 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

This is what the Big Sky thinks of UND now that we are no longer part of the conference.

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2019/9/23/football-bigskyfb-continues-to-make-moves-in-the-top-25-poll.aspx

Hopefully the next thing they write about is how we took care of business on Saturday!

• Upvote 2

Since EWU record is 1-3 and the only win is a DII, leaves their backs against the wall for playoffs.  They have eight games left.   If they win out they should be ok.  But their schedule with no UCD, MSU or Weber leaves few signature wins.   Only UND at #25 on coaches poll and Griz  as ranked opponents.

The Eagles will be playing for their life.  Guarantee it.  

• Upvote 1

Re: Miller's article.

• By far the biggest news is Ketteringham, very happy he'll be back this weekend. Love how it sounds like he's made huge strides in this past week.
  • Holm off the two-deep. Hasn't played this year, but didn't see it going this direction when he dressed for the NDSU game. I'm also wondering for the first time if this is going to be a yearly thing or since he's missed so much time, will they manipulate and keep him at 4 games so he can redshirt? He played as a True Freshman.
  • Ventrelli starting. Personally, I love it. Probably not ideal, but having two Freshman anchor the right side of the line. If they play well, knowing they have 3 more years is such a bonus.

36 minutes ago, AJS said:
  • Holm off the two-deep. Hasn't played this year, but didn't see it going this direction when he dressed for the NDSU game. I'm also wondering for the first time if this is going to be a yearly thing or since he's missed so much time, will they manipulate and keep him at 4 games so he can redshirt? He played as a True Freshman.

Re-injured right before coming back. Will depend on how fast he heals. If its sooner than later, he'll play. If its going to be a few more weeks, they'll have some decisions to make.

47 minutes ago, AJS said:

Re: Miller's article.

• By far the biggest news is Ketteringham, very happy he'll be back this weekend. Love how it sounds like he's made huge strides in this past week.
  • Ventrelli starting. Personally, I love it. Probably not ideal, but having two Freshman anchor the right side of the line. If they play well, knowing they have 3 more years is such a bonus.

who is ventrelli starting for?  from right to left what's the projected starting 5 for the oline at sat?