SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 DI Mens Ice Hockey Championship

Cratter

23 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

SiouxVolley’s sources tell him that they are imploding the current facility and building a new one five times bigger...

My sources  at Hogg said that Goon was really sore at me for calling him a pea brain, and you agreed to come to his defense and lash out at me as you knew that would be popular among posters like jdub.

The only source that said Des Moine would be an NHL City was your ass.

17 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

My sources  at Hogg said that Goon was really sore at me for calling him a pea brain, and you agreed to come to his defense and lash out at me as you knew that would be popular among posters like jdub.

It’s actually Des Moines with an “s” at the end.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

I am pretty sure that none of us were talking about you. Dude you need help. I suggest psychotropic medicine and counseling. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Goon said:

I am pretty sure that none of us were talking about you. Dude you need help. I suggest psychotropic medicine and counseling. 

Pretty sure the doctors can dumb me down to your level.

Thought there was rules against personal attacks.  MM and Goon break them all the time.

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Pretty sure the doctors can dumb me down to your level.

Thought there was rules against personal attacks.  MM and Goon break them all the time.

Hey Genius, you’re the one that took a shot over my bow. If you think I or others spend all day thinking about you, you have bigger problems than we thought. Also, I can say with great confidence that your name didn’t come up. Don’t  believe me ask @MafiaMan he’ll set you straight. Also, @Ice Arena Man and @Godsmack we’re also there. 

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

This is typical MafiaMan being his normal typepo spelling asshole.  

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

:lol:  I’m pretty sure that the A-word has never come up in any of my posts.  Mods, can we get a ruling on this one?

As far as being a “spelling” a-bomb, I’ve already made it quite clear that it’s more of a joke than anything given my word OCD.  Ask me about clipping my nails sometime, because that’s another one.  

• Upvote 3

Again back on topic, I just can't cheer for Duluth because of one  guy  reason, no matter how hard I try.

Someone let me know if Mafia and his table of jabronis talk about this post behind my back.

Ok I guess we're back off topic. 

5 hours ago, Goon said:

Hey Genius, you’re the one that took a shot over my bow. If you think I or others spend all day thinking about you, you have bigger problems than we thought. Also, I can say with great confidence that your name didn’t come up. Don’t  believe me ask @MafiaMan he’ll set you straight. Also, @Ice Arena Man and @Godsmack we’re also there. 

That doesn’t.absolve Mafia Man of being a liar about things previously posted by me.   But naturally, you and MM are pretty tight on those kind of things when it comes to lying.

29 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

That doesn’t.absolve Mafia Man of being a liar about things previously posted by me.   But naturally, you and MM are pretty tight on those kind of things when it comes to lying.

Jesus...I thought we were talking about hockey for Christ's sake...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jodcon said:

Again back on topic, I just can't cheer for Duluth because of one  guy  reason, no matter how hard I try.

Someone let me know if Mafia and his table of jabronis talk about this post behind my back.off topic. Ok I guess we're back off topic.

th?id=OIP.N3wA6MSZvPfSSyynk-tKaAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=335&h=189

You motorboatin' son-of-a-bich...you old sailor you. :)

• Upvote 1

Read this morning in the sports section of the Strib  (where I now go for sports information now that the Herald has been turned into a  2nd rate paper....no wait...4th rate or less) that the  'hockey 'Blue Bloods'-Minnesota, North Dakota ,BC, and BU , are not to be found. In this year's NCAA tourney...

Maybe Hakstol saw the collegiate landscape changing and realized there will no longer be dynasty's, thus left toward the tail end of UND's run...Competitive  balance is good for the growth of collegiate hockey....Sad day for some I'm sure...the boosters of those programs..

17 hours ago, UND1981 said:

I'm picking Ohio State to upset St. Cloud and Purple cows to upset Duluth in region finals.  Purple cows for the title.

I hope Ohio State is out early. Their program is spending its way to a championship (nttiawwt) and they don’t need any more momentum for recruiting

11 minutes ago, CarpeRemote said:

I hope Ohio State is out early. Their program is spending its way to a championship (nttiawwt) and they don’t need any more momentum for recruiting

I think it is encouraging, for college hockey, that programs are committing money. A strong Ohio State program makes things more interesting.

As far as the tournament. I have a very bad taste for Duluth fans. I have a bad taste for Gopher fans. I don't have a taste for St Cloud fans.

7 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I think it is encouraging, for college hockey, that programs are committing money. A strong Ohio State program makes things more interesting.

Not sure how a Big Ten hockey team spending more money is  "encouraging" for college hockey.

5 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Not sure how a Big Ten hockey team spending more money is  "encouraging" for college hockey.

It shouldn't matter what conference they're from. I'd say it's encouraging that a team who has historically not been a college hockey power, like Ohio St, is putting forth the effort and resources to become nationally relevant. It's good for the sport IMO.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

#6.  American International College.  While some might view this as a slap in the face to NCAA men's hockey, it actually would make me feel better about the Canisius College series.  Raise your hand if you knew that the Yellow Jackets have been playing hockey since 1948.  Anyone?  Anyone?    

#9.  St. Cloud State.  The last time a coach won a title in his first go-round, his team fell off drastically the next three years.  Hmnnn...maybe I should have the Huskies ranked much higher on my list for that very reason?  

#11.  Denver.  This would make @stoneySIOUX go mad, which is why I can't have them farther down the list.  @Godsmack , I know you won't like DU this high either, but who you gonna swap places with in five below this?  

#13.  Ohio State.  The Buckeyes could win this thing, show up on campus in a couple of weeks with the title trophy, and 99.99% of the fans on campus would complain about the hockey team interrupting the spring football game.  

My rankings for Fargo is AIC / Denver / OSU / SCSU.

SCSU probably gets penalized because they'll actually have some fans there and the disappointment of them flaming out early again would be at least entertaining. Maybe a little harsh, but misery loves company. I know Denver is currently tied with UND at 8 titles, but OSU doesn't deserve more nice things.

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

My rankings for Fargo is AIC / Denver / OSU / SCSU.

SCSU probably gets penalized because they'll actually have some fans there and the disappointment of them flaming out early again would be at least entertaining. Maybe a little harsh, but misery loves company. I know Denver could tie UND at 8 titles, but OSU doesn't deserve more nice things.

Denver already has 8 titles.