SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 DI Mens Ice Hockey Championship

Cratter

Until SCSU proves they can win a Final 16 game, I have a difficult time believing they will move on.  I don't believe they have ever won one.  It might have something to do with the fact they play most of their games on Olympic ice.  They did look good on Saturday night, but still wound up losing.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

What a terrible looking field. Not a lot of big name appeal in there.

No Gophers, Sioux, or either Boston school...that has to be really rare but I'm sure it breaks nobody else's hearts. 

Crazy times.

27 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

Until SCSU proves they can win a Final 16 game, I have a difficult time believing they will move on.  I don't believe they have ever won one.  It might have something to do with the fact they play most of their games on Olympic ice.  They did look good on Saturday night, but still wound up losing.

They played in the 2013 Frozen Four, and played in the 2014 and 2015 Regional Finals. They have won tourney games. Though they do have a lot of puzzling losses. 

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

What a terrible looking field. Not a lot of big name appeal in there.

3 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

I don't care as long as the hockey being played is exciting.

2 hours ago, Siouxman said:

Until SCSU proves they can win a Final 16 game, I have a difficult time believing they will move on.  I don't believe they have ever won one.  

If my math is correct, 10 of the 16 teams in this year’s field have never won it all.  That sounds like a potentially fun group of teams to me — much like seeing Yale, Union College, and Providence College all win national titles in recent years.

As far as St Cloud goes, even Tim Hennessy must think that “puck luck” has to turn in their favor sometime.  And, yes, Siouxman, St Cloud has a Frozen Four appearance on its resumé.  The Huskies lost to Quinnipiac in the FF in 2013.  QU would ultimately lose to the afore-mentioned Yale in the title game.

I just got home from my beer league game and watched the recording of the NCAA Men’s selection show and whenever they talked about the Fargo regional, it just hit me how disappointing it is that UND isn’t there. What a wasted opportunity. 

17 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I just got home from my beer league game and watched the recording of the NCAA Men’s selection show and whenever they talked about the Fargo regional, it just hit me how disappointing it is that UND isn’t there. What a wasted opportunity. 

I know, right?  Had Canisius College not gone completely into the tank after sweeping North Dakota, they could have easily been in the spot taken by AIC!  

Oh, wait, you meant for UND to not be there...

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I know, right?  Had Canisius College not gone completely into the tank after sweeping North Dakota, they could have easily been in the spot taken by AIC!  

Oh, wait, you meant for UND to not be there...

Actually, I mis-spoke....I meant, Trainwreck should be playing in the Fargo regional. Had we just beaten Soft Dump in the Corner as well as the Pink Tacos, I think our ticket would’ve been punched! 

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

They played in the 2013 Frozen Four, and played in the 2014 and 2015 Regional Finals. They have won tourney games. Though they do have a lot of puzzling losses. 

My bad.  I guess for me they are just so forgettable when it comes to the NCAA tourney.  Maybe this will be their year, or not.  That was a hell of a game with UMD in St. Paul.

11 hours ago, jodcon said:

No Gophers, Sioux, or either Boston school...that has to be really rare but I'm sure it breaks nobody else's hearts. 

Crazy times.

No Michigan or Wisconsin either.  This is a very rare year for the tourney, historically speaking.

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Had UND swept Cannisius, we'd be a 3 seed in Fargo.... :(

The great University of North Dakota was swept by a school that

a) most of us had no clue where it was located before the series 

and

b) 2/3 of us still aren’t sure how to spell the school’s name

:lol:

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The great University of North Dakota was swept by a school that

a) most of us had no clue where it was located before the series 

and

b) 2/3 of us still aren’t sure how to spell the school’s name

:lol:

Guilty.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Bucky’s only made the tournament 3 times in the last 10 years — and we haven’t seen them since 2014.

True enough, but they do have 7 titles and have been to the dance enough times to warrant mention (imho).

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Bucky’s only made the tournament 3 times in the last 10 years — and we haven’t seen them since 2014.

3 minutes ago, 808287 said:

True enough, but they do have 7 titles and have been to the dance enough times to warrant mention (imho).

*6 titles

Dave