SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Your typical assumptions are mind numbing.  Where did I say Satter was better than Klein??  Never did.

Did you see either Carrier or Belquist play over the past couple seasons?  Didn't think so.

You need to talk to more coaches.  Just clueless.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Your typical assumptions are mind numbing.  Where did I say Satter was better than Klein??  Never did.

Did you see either Carrier or Belquist play over the past couple seasons?  Disn't think so.

I have watched both play in person. Two times for Bo, three times for Carrier. Very different players. I would say Bo can do more and shows a high level of athleticism. Whereas, Carrier is that "let's see what we can make you" type guy. Nice size, good vert, and hands. Seems to be a little too emotional when playing, whereas Bo is calm, cool, and collective. For what UND does, I like Bo. For what NDSU does, who cares about receivers because they will just continue to run power ha

37 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I'm not huge on Satter. Undersized and didn't prove to be a true game changer at the AAA level in my opinion. I don't know enough on the Kava kid to comment on that one, but I know his brother was over hyped out of high school, but like I said I won't say anything there. 

I will say the Miller kid is legit. However, I believe in the importance of recruiting local, but our Wisconsin, Nebraska, Illinois, and Minnesota recruits are MUCH more important.

Satter is a su legacy, UND offered him first, perhaps to force su to put money on the table.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I have watched both play in person. Two times for Bo, three times for Carrier. Very different players. I would say Bo can do more and shows a high level of athleticism. Whereas, Carrier is that "let's see what we can make you" type guy. Nice size, good vert, and hands. Seems to be a little too emotional when playing, whereas Bo is calm, cool, and collective. For what UND does, I like Bo. For what NDSU does, who cares about receivers because they will just continue to run power ha

I agree that both kids probably wound up at the right schools for their skill sets and development.  I would have taken Bo over Carrier but both have potential to have good FCS careers.

22 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

You need to talk to more coaches.  Just clueless.

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Will take that under advisement since it's coming from someone generally ignorant and arrogant.

Putting on my Moderator hat for a moment...........

I suggest the two of you take your conversation to P.M. if you can't carry on without insulting one another.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Putting on my Moderator hat for a moment...........

I suggest the two of you take your conversation to P.M. if you can't carry on without insulting one another.

Can we just have them stop carrying on....but continue to insult one another?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hambone said:

UofM is Schroeder's dream school and he said as such.  Kaden Johnson signed with Wisconsin this morning - he was a Big10 guy all the way.  Jaice Miller was being recruited as a WR and I believe we are full there for this class with the commits.  So I'm not sure what you're saying.  We should offer everyone that us yahoo's that know nothing think they should?

Just reporting what was in the morning paper which went to press last evening... updates are more reliable on line!

Go UND....

10 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Did you see either Carrier or Belquist play over the past couple seasons?  Didn't think so.

Satter is going to play DB at NDSU so comparing him to Klein is apples to oranges. The Terhark kid from WF Sheyenne was actually a better route running receiver than Klein in HS. I saw both play and the Terhark kid has an easier time separating thank Klein. You may be able to put some weight on Klein and make him into a very good TE in college, but I don't think he will be a game changing receiver. Satter and Terhark are both faster and more athletic than Klein. 

18 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Satter is going to play DB at NDSU so comparing him to Klein is apples to oranges. The Terhark kid from WF Sheyenne was actually a better route running receiver than Klein in HS. I saw both play and the Terhark kid has an easier time separating thank Klein. You may be able to put some weight on Klein and make him into a very good TE in college, but I don't think he will be a game changing receiver. Satter and Terhark are both faster and more athletic than Klein. 

Endzone TD Klein. Bank it

15 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

He definitely would be good for goal line fade...  You may need to have someone else get you to the end zone. Unless he gets much quicker, he will have trouble getting separation at the FCS level.

Not all tight ends can pull away from defensive backs like Kleinsasser, but I imagine he will fit into our offensive scheme nonetheless.

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

he is 6'7".  If he was alot faster he would be in Tuscaloosa next year.  

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

he is 6'7".  If he was alot faster he would be in Tuscaloosa next year.  

Let's hope he gets more than 10 catches a year.  We still didn't utilize TE much this year.  I think Danny and the new QB's will end up throwing to him, hopefully he can end up being a pretty reliable weapon.    Maybe can put him on punt rush team too....like Cloyd....get those long arms in there and get a block!

• Upvote 1

So we still need a safety in this class, what are the chances of the coaches landing Ty Hahn? He’s got offers from Wyoming, Western Illinois, UNI, USD and SDSU. 

I know nothing about him, but seems like it would be a good get. 

Thoughts? Anyone know anything about this kid?

11 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So we still need a safety in this class, what are the chances of the coaches landing Ty Hahn? He’s got offers from Wyoming, Western Illinois, UNI, USD and SDSU. 

I know nothing about him, but seems like it would be a good get. 

Thoughts? Anyone know anything about this kid?

Going to Nebraska I think