SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

18 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

we have already seen examples of NDSU math.  it ain't pretty.

My point is UND continues to lose the local recruiting battle badly.  Bubba said when he was hired that one of his top priorities was to get the top end local kids recruited to UND. How's that worked out?

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

MN recruiting: St. Francis tight end Wyatt Schroeder is a PWO at the U of M....  Champlain Park QB Janice Miller is still shopping around... considering Wyoming and Duluth....OLB Kaden Johnson SMB is Aldo undecided... he was on the Star Tribune All Metro First Team....

just saying...

UofM is Schroeder's dream school and he said as such.  Kaden Johnson signed with Wisconsin this morning - he was a Big10 guy all the way.  Jaice Miller was being recruited as a WR and I believe we are full there for this class with the commits.  So I'm not sure what you're saying.  We should offer everyone that us yahoo's that know nothing think they should?

32 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My point is UND continues to lose the local recruiting battle badly.  Bubba said when he was hired that one of his top priorities was to get the top end local kids recruited to UND. How's that worked out?

do you see him getting the majority of the local recruits over NDSU at this point in time?

50 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Who are the 8?  Then list UND's local commits....

I did list them by each school. Go ahead and see for yourself.

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

do you see him getting the majority of the local recruits over NDSU at this point in time?

"The majority"…..no but the recruiting gap locally has not shrunk one bit since Bubba took over. One of Bubba's main points of emphasis when he got the HC job at UND was that he was going to get the top end local kids to want to come to UND to play FB. 6 years later how has that worked out? Better players make better teams. Not complicated.

21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

"The majority"…..no but the recruiting gap locally has not shrunk one bit since Bubba took over. One of Bubba's main points of emphasis when he got the HC job at UND was that he was going to get the top end local kids to want to come to UND to play FB. 6 years later how has that worked out? Better players make better teams. Not complicated.

Thanks for the update. 

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

SU certainly has a lot of advantages over us right now when it comes to getting the kids they want. 

Facilities, coaching salaries, national success ......... Bubba and the guys are working on it.

?? The practice bubble vs. HPC?

46 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Let's be real here: you can't live on recruiting ND/MN. I feel like Bubba and the boys have done a much better job recruiting locally then we have in the past. First and foremost, I Klein is my top recruit in the state. We snagged him. The top "local" recruit would be the kid from Barnsville and well he is going to Iowa State. I also know for a fact NDSU had interest in Bo Belquist and we have him coming our way as well. Those are my top two ND dudes and they are hawks. If we are talking ND and ND alone for recruiting, yearly there will be an average of 2-3 kids who can legit play FCS football, I wouldn't get too giddy on the locals.

5 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Let's be real here: you can't live on recruiting ND/MN. I feel like Bubba and the boys have done a much better job recruiting locally then we have in the past. First and foremost, I Klein is my top recruit in the state. We snagged him. The top "local" recruit would be the kid from Barnsville and well he is going to Iowa State. I also know for a fact NDSU had interest in Bo Belquist and we have him coming our way as well. Those are my top two ND dudes and they are hawks. If we are talking ND and ND alone for recruiting, yearly there will be an average of 2-3 kids who can legit play FCS football, I wouldn't get too giddy on the locals.

Miller is the best recruit in the area......he'll have a good shot to play on Sundays IMO if he progresses. The Barnesville kid and Anderson from Moorhead are a slight notch below. Those are the top 3. Klein is a great pick-up for UND but we'll disagree he's the top ND recruit. The Satter kid is a flat out stud. Kava from Shanley will be terrific at this level.  Carrier to NDSU and Belquist to UND are a wash.

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Miller is the best recruit in the area......he'll have a good shot to play on Sundays IMO if he progresses. The Barnesville kid and Anderson from Moorhead are a slight notch below. Those are the top 3. Klein is a great pick-up for UND but we'll disagree he's the top ND recruit. The Satter kid is a flat out stud. Kava from Shanley will be terrific at this level.  Carrier to NDSU and Belquist to UND are a wash.

I'm not huge on Satter. Undersized and didn't prove to be a true game changer at the AAA level in my opinion. I don't know enough on the Kava kid to comment on that one, but I know his brother was over hyped out of high school, but like I said I won't say anything there. 

I will say the Miller kid is legit. However, I believe in the importance of recruiting local, but our Wisconsin, Nebraska, Illinois, and Minnesota recruits are MUCH more important.

1 minute ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I'm not huge on Satter. Undersized and didn't prove to be a true game changer at the AAA level in my opinion. I don't know enough on the Kava kid to comment on that one, but I know his brother was over hyped out of high school, but like I said I won't say anything there. 

I will say the Miller kid is legit. However, I believe in the importance of recruiting local, but our Wisconsin, Nebraska, Illinois, and Minnesota recruits are MUCH more important.

Not disagreeing with your last comment at all.

17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

lol...you think Satter is better than Klein?  You think Carrier and Belquist are a wash?  Dude, holy sh*t

20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You think Kava will play FB?  Certainly doesn’t have the frame to be a DL in college.  He’s 240lbs now and is bulky at around 6’.  

Best high school player in the state IMO 

4 minutes ago, homer said:

You think Kava will play FB?  Certainly doesn’t have the frame to be a DL in college.  He’s 240lbs now and is bulky at around 6’.  

Best high school player in the state IMO 

Andrew Leingang out of Century is the best overall high school football player in the state at the time.

28 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

?? The practice bubble vs. HPC?

HPC Phase I is certainly a plus.

If you look at locker rooms, coaches offices, player lounges, weight rooms, strength and conditioning areas.............we really fall short.

a quick google search will tell you all you need to know about their facilities

17 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

lol...you think Satter is better than Klein?  You think Carrier and Belquist are a wash?  Dude, holy sh*t

Your typical assumptions are mind numbing.  Where did I say Satter was better than Klein??  Never did.

Did you see either Carrier or Belquist play over the past couple seasons?  Didn't think so.