SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

4 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

He will take over kickoffs for sure,  the UND 360 guys tweeted out that he had 26 touchbacks last season.

Freshman - made 16 of 21 FG attempts, 27 of 29 extra points, averaged 55 yards on kickoffs with 19 touchbacks.

Sophomore - 11 of 19 FG, 27 of 27 EPs, 59.9 yards on kickoffs with 26 touchbacks.  Probably not in the mix for punting, averaged only 35.5. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Exhale

This is big. Now if we can land the QB from Canada and hopefull a dropdown, then this team starts to look much different next year. Only other piece that really needs to be addressed is nose guard. I know we are still undersized on the d line, but that is something out current players should be working on now.

i hope the coaches don’t get cute with redshirts next year. Don’t burn them for minimal usage, but don’t keep the redshirts if they can actually make an impact now.

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

This is big. Now if we can land the QB from Canada and hopefull a dropdown, then this team starts to look much different next year. Only other piece that really needs to be addressed is nose guard. I know we are still undersized on the d line, but that is something out current players should be working on now.

i hope the coaches don’t get cute with redshirts next year. Don’t burn them for minimal usage, but don’t keep the redshirts if they can actually make an impact now.

Who's shirt did they burn this year for minimal usage?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sioux24/7 said:

And Skokna. 

Good call. Both honestly are pretty frustrating. At least with Skokna you could argue he had at the end of the year an impact offensively. I really hate burning a shirt the way they did with Nelson. He's going to be such a good player, I realize he played in a lot of games, but they lost a year where he had basically no impact. 

10 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Exhale

I too think he is a fine recruit, but honest question on why so much hype with him?

undersized RB at 5-8 180lbs .. definitely has wheels.  Other than us did he have any offers? I know he took a visit to ISU.  

Just now, ND1 said:

I too think he is a fine recruit, but honest question on why so much hype with him?

undersized RB at 5-8 180lbs .. definitely has wheels.  Other than us did he have any offers? I know he took a visit to ISU.  

He had PWO offers for Iowa State and Iowa. That's all I'm aware of. 

11 minutes ago, AJS said:

Good call. Both honestly are pretty frustrating. At least with Skokna you could argue he had at the end of the year an impact offensively. I really hate burning a shirt the way they did with Nelson. He's going to be such a good player, I realize he played in a lot of games, but they lost a year where he had basically no impact. 

The team doesn't make the playoffs if they don't burn Skokna's shirt.

• Upvote 1