SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

26 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Really happy to see Quincy Vaughn is taking a visit this weekend. QB currently committed to Old Dominion. Nice size at 6' 4" and 230. Add that to Schuster and Reid Neal and I think you have a pretty nice young base, still need a transfer/drop down though.

https://undfootball360.com/news/hawks-set-for-big-recruiting-weekend/

Vaughn would be a huge pickup. Need competition at qb. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Really happy to see Quincy Vaughn is taking a visit this weekend. QB currently committed to Old Dominion. Nice size at 6' 4" and 230. Add that to Schuster and Reid Neal and I think you have a pretty nice young base, still need a transfer/drop down though.

https://undfootball360.com/news/hawks-set-for-big-recruiting-weekend/

Looking more and more forward to signing day next week.  

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m not as familiar with the D2 eligibility but it’s different. D1 has the 5 year clock.

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

Division II 10-semester/15-quarter clock: If you play at a Division II or III school, you have the first 10 semesters or 15 quarters in which you are enrolled as a full-time student to complete your four seasons of competition. You use a semester or quarter any time you attend class as a fulltime student or are enrolled part-time and compete for the school. You do not use a term if you only attend part-time with no competition or are not enrolled for a term.

25 minutes ago, zonadub said:

And the clock starts even if a student athlete is only practicing with the team (practice squad) and does not see any actual intercollegiate playing time? Even if a PWO, with no scholarship?

didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night

The clock starts for all students, not just athletes, regardless of participation. 

5 hours ago, zonadub said:

And the clock starts even if a student athlete is only practicing with the team (practice squad) and does not see any actual intercollegiate playing time? Even if a PWO, with no scholarship?

didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night

The clock starts with either the first day of practice or the first day of class, whichever comes first.

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

The clock starts for all students, not just athletes, regardless of participation. 

2 hours ago, Hammersmith said:

The clock starts with either the first day of practice or the first day of class, whichever comes first.

Thank you both for the clarification 

19 hours ago, Hambone said:

Huge weekend this weekend.  Lock up some of the current commits, and use them to recruit the uncommitted guys that are going to be here.

Staff seems to be somewhat busy monitoring the potential transfer pool as well.  Seeing some kickers, QBs, OL, etc being tracked.

The recruits appear to fit Danny's offense in both the running and passing.  Let's have a great signing day.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Having Reid Neal come in at semester break and present for spring ball is really nice too.  At least we'll have 2 QBs for spring ball.

My understanding is that Vaughn will enroll immediately wherever he ends up.  It would be great to have both participate in spring ball. 

• Like 1

Who knows how it will end up, but I would be very nervous if I was ODU having Vaughn take an official visit to another school the weekend before signing day. It also definitely wouldn't help that 20 other current commits are on campus as well that has his ear. If the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't have a good feeling about it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Who knows how it will end up, but I would be very nervous if I was ODU having Vaughn take an official visit to another school the weekend before signing day. It also definitely wouldn't help that 20 other current commits are on campus as well that has his ear. If the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't have a good feeling about it.

ODU can’t tell Vaughn what to do. Vaughn has not signed a letter of intent. I agree that ODU should be nervous. Hopefully UND gets his commitment. I’m most nervous about Creighton Mitchell going to Iowa. Hopefully he enjoys his official visit at UND and his tour of the beautiful new Medical School and decides to stick with UND.

7 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Hell of an athlete as well (plays basketball as well).  JCC has usually done pretty well in FB in years past.  

Is he a walk on or scholly? Any chance if we flip Vaughn that we take this guy as well and still take a FBS dropdown?