SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 FB Recruiting

UNDBIZ

5 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Thanks!

So what are the thought on this kid? Obviously SUU wasn't very good, but how much of that is on the QB?

I didn't think he was very good against us. Missed a lot of throws.  Here is his stat line against UND.

SUU - Passing
Player Cmp Att. Yds. TD INT Long Sack
HELBIG, Chris 24 42 258 1 1 28 4

1 hour ago, Hambone said:

I think this kid looks pretty good.

Impressive highlights, wonder what’s keeping him from being a scholarship offer by you guys and other FCS schools after watching that. Maybe his size? He’s not super small at 185. 

12 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Impressive highlights, wonder what’s keeping him from being a scholarship offer by you guys and other FCS schools after watching that. Maybe his size? He’s not super small at 185. 

I don’t think we have many scholarships left for RBs. We have some holes left on the DL that need to be filled so I assume that’s what we are saving them for.

43 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So would Max start Out as a QB?

I don't see why you wouldn't at least evaluate him that way, or let him give it a shot, if the potential is there and he is interested.

I no nothing about the kid, but we an certainly use competition and depth at that spot.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hambone said:

Offer out to another kid from the Netherlands.  Was committed to Minnesota, and had offers from Penn State, Cincinatti and Rutgers as well.  I believe Minny filled his slot and let him go, and it's possible the others are full at his position.

Can't be easy playing football with those shoes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Have our recruiting classes improved each year under Bubba?

Looking at our lines on both sides of the ball this year and I would have to say no.  That's not to say we don't have some nice players - we do.  But overall we are ripe to be bullied by teams who are strong up front.  Not what I expected 6 years into Bubba Ball.